Page 5 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

What is/was your experience with sports?
I was/am very good at sports 8%  8%  [ 11 ]
I was quite good at sports 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
I did sports at but not very well 17%  17%  [ 24 ]
I really sucked at sports 39%  39%  [ 56 ]
I was a sports 'refuser' at school 15%  15%  [ 22 ]
I had a medical exemption from sports 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
What does sports mean? 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 142

Logicalmom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2012, 6:08 pm

If all you did was throw a ball at me, I was a good batter. I like to canoe or kayak but don;t ask me to coordinate my rowing with anyone. If you need me to just barrel through people in an 'ungirly' manner without direction, sure, I'm your gal. Over all, to answer the question: HA HA HA HA :lol: No. Though my report cards state that: I gave it a good try.

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 11:31 am

I was never good at physical sports.
I do consider target shooting a sport. I used to shoot competitively. I was pretty good and have several awards for target shooting.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

invisiblesilent
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 4:39 pm

jetbuilder wrote:
I was never good at physical sports.
I do consider target shooting a sport. I used to shoot competitively. I was pretty good and have several awards for target shooting.

I didn't think about that. If you include shooting as a sport I suppose there was one thing I was good at. I was in my school's CCF (combined cadet force) and our school had a range so I got to shoot twice a week. The range was quite short and indoor so they only allowed us to fire the .22 rifles in there. The school also had L98 rifles which were pretty cool - they are basically an SA80 with the gas parts removed so that they are no longer automatic. I got pretty good, I got the highest marksman award available to a cadet which not many people got. I never shot competitively except in informal intra-school-CCF ones. It's something I really miss doing actually; I actually enjoyed it so much that I was able to suspend my usual problems with loud noises. I suppose that in a range when there is an officer (most of whom were ex-real forces) taking control of the situation and giving commands as to when people should fire etc then it is predictable, structured environment which helped. Also we had to wear ear protection which was quite effective. I'm not entirely convinced I would actually be given a licence to own a weapon in this country (UK) so it's not something I am likely to be able to do again which is sad.

guitarmorous
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

Yes, i seemed to be a natural with firearms, probably from computer games though.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 8:23 pm

based on this thread alone I cant be an aspie...

Issit
Raven
Raven

21 Sep 2012, 5:54 am

I was to be very good at rock climbing.
It used to be my special interest.

Nowadays I practice yoga and Tai Chi..and walking.
And now and then some mountain climbing.

Sports at school was my nightmare. 8O

BlackDwarf
Toucan
Toucan

21 Sep 2012, 6:19 am

I was a fat kid throughout my school years and general was just crappy at anything physical. I imagine I'd be better now that I've greatly improved my fitness but I don't really know.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 9:14 am

when i was in a mainstream school that required me to attend sport every wednesday afternoon, i always absconded with 3 other people to a revolving restaurant on the 48th floor of a building in Sydney and dined. event though we were in school uniforms, we were allowed to order 1 glass of port wine, and we were never caught by the teachers.

the three of us used to discuss ideas to make money over a delicious lunch 48 storeys up in a revolving restaurant while the rest of the pupils were doing whatever they had to do.

sport was something that i studiously avoided (in a sporting manner).
bed is beckoning.

Aacgectyuoki
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2012, 8:55 pm

I am OK at ball sports, but I am really good at track. I got 2 gold medals in my high school track team so far and I was racing mainstream students from other schools too.