I just figured out PoopyLungstuffings name!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

PaganMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2009, 1:48 pm

I'm so proud of myself lol. I don't get things like that right off, many times. Last night right before I went to bed I was looking at WP, and I think one of your posts was the last I saw. Well, I had wondered what it meant, and for some reason I was saying it over and over in my head. I was laying in the bed about to fall asleep and it hit me.

Pippy Longstocking!

Am I right?

PaganMom

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 2:04 pm

Lol, yes, but there's more to it.. she explained in another post that there's this condition she calls "stuffing lung" that she gets from making sock puppets, so that contributes to the name too. I think there mighta been more to it, too.. :? But I'm sure she'll explain it. :-P

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 3:09 pm

Yep...that pretty much sums it up.

I have had the name since around 1997 or so...somewhere there is a long rambly post where I talk a lot about it...currently lack the mental stamina to write it again..

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 4:25 pm

poopylungstuffing wrote:
Yep...that pretty much sums it up.

I have had the name since around 1997 or so...somewhere there is a long rambly post where I talk a lot about it...currently lack the mental stamina to write it again..

Ah ha, I found it! Put "Pippi Longstocking" into the WP Google custom search.
It was this thread: http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp2414844.html#2414844

poopylungstuffing wrote:
ok...I will beat Sinsboldly to it...

It is my stage name/pen name that I have had for around 12 years or so now.

A friend and I were goofing with an idea of forming a band called "The Demerits"...and we had to have stage names (we were listening to a lot of old British Punk rock and they all have names like Poly Styrene and whatnot)...his was Brutus Gripeypants, and i just thought of Poopy Lungstuffing off the top of my head...it is a play on Pippi Longstocking....Poopy more referring to being sorta tired and addled than actual poop.
Ironically, this was a few years before I started sewing sock creatures obsessively, a habit that leads to a condition I call "Stuffing Lung"...from inhaling too much fabric dust..so that's sorta what the Lungstuffing part of the name came to mean.
When I got involved in pirate radio years ago, through the same friend, we all had "radio names". I wanted to use Poopy Lungstuffing as my radio name, but when I told everyone what it was they all laughed...so I changed it to Siouxsie Cremecheese..then later..Cindy Crawfish...(forget which came first)....
After I stopped working with the pirate radio (they were shut down and members went off and did internet radio instead)...I switched back to Poopy Lungstuffing....I used it to pen some stuff that I wanted to make into a "zine" Called "Self Deprecation Monthly"...I slogged and slogged at it for a few years, but my executive dysfunction prevented me from ever really getting it together.

I started using it as my stage name at some point in the early 2000's in my partner's comedy band(everyone has a stage name)...and then later as the name for my solo ukulele project.
http://www.myspace.com/poopysongs
(it is sorta unlistenable but I put on an interesting show)
I know I go out on a limb calling it "autistic folk music"..on the myspace page...but it is supposed to be a play on the word "acoustic"...more than anything else...and nobody has criticized me for it yet, so I keep it.

PaganMom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2009, 4:34 pm

Very cool! Thanks!

On a side note, about band names, I always thought "Occasion of Sin" would be a great band name.

PaganMom

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 4:59 pm

I used to love making up lists of band names...and/or imaginary band concepts

One of my favorite is the Imperial Thunderbolts...and the entire band would play nothing but Emily Dickinson songs set to "The Yellow Rose of Texas"...but perhaps in different keys to curtail some redundancy....

CTBill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 6:35 pm

What?! It doesn't mean "forcing excrement into a respiratory organ" literally? Now I'm disappointed. :?

I always thought "The Food Chain" (no relation to "The Jesus and Mary Chain") would be an interesting name for a band.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 6:53 pm

Sorry.... :wink:

23 Nov 2009, 7:15 pm

I actually thought this was going to be a stalker's thread and someone had posted her real name.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2009, 9:51 pm

My name is not too much of a secret..it's on my You Tube page...I have a tendency to overdisclose...