Page 3 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 9:08 am

You scored 123 aloof, 112 rigid and 106 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

FallingStar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2009, 9:38 am

I scored 126 aloof, 123 rigid and 111 pragmatic. I don't understand why the percents can be higher than 100, though... :roll:

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Dec 2009, 10:26 am

Here are my results:

You scored 99 aloof, 79 rigid and 65 pragmatic.

You are probably on the broader autistic phenotype.

angelicgoddess
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Dec 2009, 10:55 am

Rigid & Language
You scored 79 aloof, 85 rigid and 80 pragmatic

You score above the cutoff for both rigid personality and pragmatic communication differences. You probably don't really like changes, especially unexpected ones. You may have a daily routine that you seldom vary, dislike going to unfamiliar places or meeting new people, or have specific rules about how you do things which you refuse to change. In addition, you likely have trouble with communication, which is probably more evident in informal, social settings than in more formalized settings where the expectations are explicitly stated. However, you are apparently just as interested, if not more, in interacting with other people. You may be either on the broader autistic phenotype, or in fact autistic.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 11:21 am

Zonder wrote:
Scientist wrote:
Zonder wrote:
Scientist wrote:
Quote:
'This questionnairre is designed to measure the mild autistic traits present in people who are not actually autistic but have a genetic predisposition to autism.'
:roll: ...then it makes no sense for us to take this test. It's for NTs.
Must be why everyone seems to be getting fairly high scores.:scratch: There's been quite a bit of research concerning the parents and siblings of those with autism, and this test was developed to try to measure the personality and developmental factors in parents that can contribute to a diagnosable autism spectrum disorder in children. Evidently, they've found that if both parents score high on the Broader Autism Phenotype Test, the higher the likelihood of a child being diagnosed with ASD.

As someone who is not diagnosed, it is interesting to see the scores . . .

Z
But then you'd have to be interested in YOUR PARENTS' SCORES on this test, to 'predict' you having ASD.
"Predict" might have been too strong of a word for me to use - "be contributing factors" might be more correct.

I would be interested in my parent's scores, except my father (who I'd say had some ASD issues) is gone. It would also be interesting to consider my scores if I thought of having children . . .
I meant that the Broad Autism Phenotype Questionnaire (BAPQ, this test) is a test designed to try to predict for an undiagnosed or even unborn child whether or not he / she has or will have ASD, by measuring Broad Autism Phenotype of both NT parents. It is not a test designed for measuring for undiagnosed possible ASDs taking this test whether or not he / she probably has ASD (or how severe). If anyone wants to know whether he / she has ASD (or which ASD or how severe), they should go for professional evaluation by a licensed psychologist or a psychiatrist; tests to get an indication, are Baron-Cohen (et al.)'s AQ test (Publication) and Wheelwright (et al.)'s EQ SQ-R tests (Publication) (you can take the AQ test and the EQ SQ-R test set in this WP forum ASD related scientific tests topic).

And did you see my quotation marks? They were meant to indicate that the BAPQ (or any psychological test) cannot 100% predict anything, without misses and false hits, and the quotation marks were also there because in your case it wouldn't be forecasting for the future, if you had your parents (if they'd both have been still alive) take this test to see if you have ASD.

And if you're thinking of having children and you might have ASD undiagnosed and you want to know if your children will have ASD, you should go for professional evaluation whether or not you have ASD, and in case you have ASD, chances are higher that your child will also have ASD, and chances also depend on whether or not your child's other parent has ASD (diagnosed or undiagnosed).
Zonder wrote:
Joseph Piven, an autism spectrum researcher and professor at the University of North Caroline at Chapel Hill, discusses research into the Broad Autism Phenotype here
The BAPQ publication is more informative:
Hurley, R.S.E., Losh, M., Parlier, M., Reznick, J.S., & Piven, J. (2007). The Broad Autism Phenotype Questionnaire. Journal of Developmental Disorders, 37, 1679-1690

;)

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

Last edited by Scientist on 07 Dec 2009, 8:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zonder
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 11:52 am

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 11:58 am

Zonder wrote:
You're welcome! ;)

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Last edited by Scientist on 07 Dec 2009, 8:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 5:10 pm

"Autistic/BAP

You scored 97 aloof, 123 rigid and 114 pragmatic"

Meh, I already knew this...

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 6:35 pm

116 aloof
89 rigid
98 pragmatic

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 10:36 pm

My mother got BAP on this test. :)

Add in my father who has "mild" AS, and appears that they made a perfect storm with me.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 10:50 pm

This test has become part of a set of tests topic on this forum:
Set of scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders

Nightsun
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 3:59 am

You scored 132 aloof, 86 rigid and 116 pragmatic

You scored 132% on aloof, higher than 99% of your peers.
You scored 86% on rigid, higher than 41% of your peers.
You scored 116% on pragmatic, higher than 94% of your peers.

Well I always known that rigid thinking is not one of my problems :P

Klom
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Dec 2009, 4:24 am

Socially Odd
You scored 98 aloof, 80 rigid and 94 pragmatic

You score above the cutoff for both aloof personality and social communication difficulties, which means you have decreased interest in interaction and also probably find it hard to communicate effectively in social situations. These two categories may be interrelated - someone who is fairly aloof doesn't practice interacting with others as much, and someone who finds it hard to interact with others may decide to find other things to interest themselves. However, you're probably reasonably flexible and not particularly upset by new situations, changes in routine or trying something a new way. You may be on the broader autistic phenotype, or actually autistic.

Nothing really new.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 4:51 am

Scientist wrote:

It is indeed quite informative. I'll try these questions in Aspie-quiz, and see if there are any novel aspects not covered in Aspie-quiz. Looking at them quickly, they seem to cluster with three primary domains in Aspie-quiz: Aspie compulsion, NT social and NT communication.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 5:03 am

My result:

Socially Odd
You scored 109 aloof, 71 rigid and 97 pragmatic

You score above the cutoff for both aloof personality and social communication difficulties, which means you have decreased interest in interaction and also probably find it hard to communicate effectively in social situations. These two categories may be interrelated - someone who is fairly aloof doesn't practice interacting with others as much, and someone who finds it hard to interact with others may decide to find other things to interest themselves. However, you're probably reasonably flexible and not particularly upset by new situations, changes in routine or trying something a new way. You may be on the broader autistic phenotype, or actually autistic.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2009, 7:47 am

Your result for The Broad Autism Phenotype Test ...

Autistic/BAP

You scored 129 aloof, 111 rigid and 108 pragmatic
You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

You scored 129% on aloof, higher than 96% of your peers.

You scored 111% on rigid, higher than 83% of your peers.

You scored 108% on pragmatic, higher than 83% of your peers.

You scored 8% on diagnosis, higher than 85% of your peers.

Last edited by Booyakasha on 07 Dec 2009, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.