Set of scientific tests related to Autism Spectrum Disorders

Page 3 of 51 [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 51  Next

Sefirato
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Dec 2009, 4:10 pm

1. BAP Test

taken on 12/12/09

Your result for The Broad Autism Phenotype Test ...

Autistic/BAP

123 aloof
112 rigid
117 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader
autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off
as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and
don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

Chart: 123% on aloof, higher than 89% of your peers.
112% on rigid, higher than 83% of your peers.
117% on pragmatic, higher than 93% of your peers.
11% on diagnosis, higher than 98% of your peers.

--
2. AQ Test

taken on 10/15/09

If you score 32 - 50, you might have AS or HFA.

Score: 45

--
3. EQ/SQ Test

taken on 12/12/09

Average EQ: 3
Average SQ: 84
Brain Type: Extreme Systemizing

What does your score mean?
Generally, the higher the score the greater your natural ability for that trait. However, the EQ test has
40 questions compared to 75 in the SQ test. As a result, although the unprocessed quotients may be used
for comparing each trait ability between individuals, the absolute scores do not tell an individual if he
or she has a greater tendency to empathize or systemize.

--
4. EIQ Test

taken on 9/12/09

Subscale IQ score = 55
Subscale percentile = 0.13

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you
do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to
overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It’s hard for them to
understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social
interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close
with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having
trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are
coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can
become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

--
5. HSP Test

taken on 12/13/09

20 = Highly Sensitive.

--
6. Reading the minds in the eyes:

taken on 12/12/09

Your score: 20
A typical score is in the range 22-30. If you scored over 30,
you are very accurate at decoding a person's facial expressions
around their eyes. A score under 22 indicates you find this quite difficult.

--
7. Face blindness / Prosopagnosia test: The Cambridge Face Memory test (faceblind.org).

taken on 12/12/09

Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 46.
In other words, you got 64% correct.

On our previous version of this test, the average person with normal face recognition was able to
recognize about 80% of the faces. If you correctly identified less than 65% of the faces, this may
indicate face recognition difficulties.

--
8. Aspie Quiz

taken on 09/19/09

Aspie score: 182 / 200
NT score: 23 / 200

You are very likely an Aspie.

(the image above was taken with the quiz on 08/20/09, where my score was 182/20.)

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2009, 4:34 pm

My scores:

AQ: 47

EQ: 7, SQ: 69 => Extreme Systemizer

EIQ:

Snapshot Report:
Subscale IQ score = 59
Subscale percentile = 0.38

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It’s hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

'Reading the mind in the eyes' test: 5

Cambridge Face Memory test: 54% correct (Out of 72 faces, you correctly identified 39.)

HSP test: 21=> highly sensitive person

The Aspie Quiz:
Your Aspie score: 194 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 11 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

The Broader Autism Phenotype Test:
Autistic/BAP:

You scored 120 aloof, 129 rigid and 123 pragmatic

You scored above the cutoff on all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like changes, especially unexpected ones.

You scored 120% on aloof, higher than 83% of your peers.
You scored 129% on rigid, higher than 97% of your peers.
You scored 123% on pragmatic, higher than 97% of your peers.
You scored 11% on diagnosis, higher than 98% of your peers.Self-report Component

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 8:01 am

There's this one that follows the as current DSM-IV-TR quite strictly:

Self-assessment Asperger's

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 3:00 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
There's this one that follows the as current DSM-IV-TR quite strictly:
Self-assessment Asperger's
I took that test.
My results:

Self Assessment Test Results
Self Test for Asperger's Disorder

Your Score Is 18 of a possible score of 39

The average score for women in the age range 30-39 is 17.
Other people in your age group scored between -32 and 39.

Aspergers is possible but not likely.
To explore further seek out a professional evaluation.

:roll: :?

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

duke666
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Dec 2009, 3:02 pm

1. BAPQ:

Autistic/BAP

You scored 118 aloof, 92 rigid and 113 pragmatic
You score above the cutoff for all three scales. Clearly, you are either autistic or on the broader autistic phenotype. You probably are not very social, and when you do interact with others, you come off as strange or rude without meaning to. You probably also like things to be familiar and predictable and don't like change, especially unexpected ones.

Your analysis:

You scored 118% on aloof, higher than 78% of your peers
You scored 92% on rigid, higher than 50% of your peers
You scored 113% on pragmatic, higher than 88% of your peers
You scored 9% on diagnosis, higher than 90% of your peers

2. AQ: 45

3. EQ: 14, SQ-R: 107 => Extreme Systemizer

4. EIQ:

Snapshot Report:

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 91
Subscale percentile = 27

5. HSP test: 23 => Highly Sensitive Person

6. 'Reading the mind in the eyes' test: 28 (typical 22-30)

7. Cambridge Face Memory test: 85% correct (avg 80%)

Aspie Quiz:

Aspie score: 174 of 200
Neurotypical score: 23 of 200
Conclusion: aspie as all hell

I was really surprised by the eye and face tests. Maybe I'm better at those things than I realized. I guess it's easier to read eyes if you actually look at them <grin>.

-The Madness of King George

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 3:16 pm

On the self assessment quiz I got 24 out of 39 but I was a little confused by the first question. I answered never, because I am uncomfortable with eye contact and therefore I glance at people from time to time but never gaze. I was surprised to see the question worded this way because it doesn't account for the common discomfort people on the spectrum feel with a direct gaze. Did I misinterpret the question?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 3:21 pm

I had my grandma take the Aspie quiz (she has dementia)
Hmmm...

Your Aspie score: 132 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 94 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 5:28 pm

Aimless wrote:
On the self assessment quiz I got 24 out of 39 but I was a little confused by the first question. I answered never, because I am uncomfortable with eye contact and therefore I glance at people from time to time but never gaze. I was surprised to see the question worded this way because it doesn't account for the common discomfort people on the spectrum feel with a direct gaze. Did I misinterpret the question?
I thought about this too, and I think this and some other questions weren't very good... (as in what it expects someone with AS to answer).
For this question: I usually don't make eye contact a lot with people, especially people I don't know or hardly know, but some people I know well told me I'm sometimes gazing... so it was hard to answer this question (I answered 'sometimes', which I think doesn't say much).
I was also wondering for this test what the scoring range for AS is; it didn't say.

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

Whisper
Toucan
Toucan

16 Dec 2009, 5:52 pm

Here are my results. :)

Autistic Qoutient: 29
BAP: Socially Odd: 126 aloof, 65 rigid and 101 pragmatic
Highly Sensative Person: 16
Read the Mind in the Eye Test: 29
Aspie Quiz: As: 115/200 NT: 105/200 Conclusion: You seem to have both Aspie and nuerotypical traits.
Self Assessment Quiz:

Your Score Is 29 of a possible score of 39

The average score for women in the age range under 30 is 18.
Other people in your age group scored between -51 and 39.

They mostly seem to be on the borderline.. I agree, a lot of these questions seem to be quite vague in the last one. What does my sexuality have to do with anything?

Also, here's the incredibly odd shape of my Aspie Quiz graph!

It's.. It's.. A fish.. or something.. maybe. Apparently my 'hunting' is very NT. Odd. It clearly shows that my social skills are nowhere to be found.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 6:10 pm

Scientist wrote:
Aimless wrote:
I thought about this too, and I think this and some other questions weren't very good... (as in what it expects someone with AS to answer).
For this question: I usually don't make eye contact a lot with people, especially people I don't know or hardly know, but some people I know well told me I'm sometimes gazing... so it was hard to answer this question (I answered 'sometimes', which I think doesn't say much).
I was also wondering for this test what the scoring range for AS is; it didn't say.
According to Dictionary.com, the definition of "gaze" is "to look steadily and intently, as with great curiosity, interest, pleasure, or wonder". It does not mention anything about eye contact.

I scored 35 on this test. I'm bad at self-assessment, though. I don't really think I can trust these tests, but they're fun to do, for sure.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 6:14 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Scientist wrote:
Aimless wrote:
According to Dictionary.com, the definition of "gaze" is "to look steadily and intently, as with great curiosity, interest, pleasure, or wonder". It does not mention anything about eye contact.

I scored 35 on this test. I'm bad at self-assessment, though. I don't really think I can trust these tests, but they're fun to do, for sure.

Re: "gaze'-didn't the question specify during a conversation? I gaze at things I like to look at all the time. I gaze off into space if I'm thinking about something. People ask me what's wrong.

For example, my avatar is part of a larger picture where every one else is standing formally and looking and smiling into the camera. And then there's me, but I was only 2. :)

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 10:11 pm

Just to show how specific the test is to the DSM-IV-TR, if you put in "significant speech delay", it drops the score by 15 points.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 10:59 pm

Aimless wrote:
Re: "gaze'-didn't the question specify during a conversation? I gaze at things I like to look at all the time. I gaze off into space if I'm thinking about something. People ask me what's wrong.

For example, my avatar is part of a larger picture where every one else is standing formally and looking and smiling into the camera. And then there's me, but I was only 2. :)
Yes, but during a conversation you don't necessarily look into people's eyes... It says "gaze in an odd way", which might mean looking at a person's face details, clothes, even staring at people's eyes in an awkward way. The main thing here is the awkwardness, not the location where you're looking.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 5:37 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Just to show how specific the test is to the DSM-IV-TR, if you put in "significant speech delay", it drops the score by 15 points.

Which wouldn't rule out autism but only Asperger's specifically, correct? I'm curious if there's a test that indicates that you're just on the spectrum somewhere or that you would be possibly diagnosable as PDD-NOS. I have a lot of trouble interpreting words like "significant". Does that mean simply noticeable or severe enough to seek professional advice? All I've heard from my mother was that I was a "late" talker and that as a toddler I didn't talk. But I never got the impression she meant I couldn't talk.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 6:34 am

Yes, and they don't have an autism test as they assume, and quite correctly, that most are diagnosed as children (a few with HFA slip on by, but it's a very small amount).

The AQ test is probably one you want if you just want to know you have some form of ASD (whether subclinical or just a variant personality that's close but without impairment, all the way up to HFA).

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2009, 7:11 am

Danielismyname wrote:
Yes, and they don't have an autism test as they assume, and quite correctly, that most are diagnosed as children (a few with HFA slip on by, but it's a very small amount).

The AQ test is probably one you want if you just want to know you have some form of ASD (whether subclinical or just a variant personality that's close but without impairment, all the way up to HFA).

That makes sense but I also think that for some of us old and creaky ones HFA wasn't even on the radar when we were young. When I was small autism only meant one thing and that was low functioning. Well, I'm off to work.