Page 3 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 8:05 pm

If clothes are worn out, my mum notices, not me. I will happily wear clothes with stains etc.

I can't keep many from when I was younger, though, because I'm still growing and do so quickly :P

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Dec 2009, 11:12 pm

well.... i tend to wear a variety of clothes, i like to mix it up i wear these clothes

pre
blank and striped t- shirts
cargo paint and shorts
skate shoes

skater winter hats(in the summer) and skater caps in the winter

skate hoodies
random shirts- island, paris, werid deign

graffit skate clothes
main brands - preppie American eagle, aeropostle, holister
bmxer- fox, ride, phat mose bikes,impact sport,pro tech
skater- quicksilver, element, dc,hurley, etnies, volcam, lakai, vans,circa,fallen,west 49, top of the world, normil,globe,billabong ,firefly, ripzone and sims

i am a skater/ bmxer so i wear mostly those clothes but since skater bmxers are close to indie in style i mix it up an wear some preppie and other clothes too.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

26 Dec 2009, 11:19 pm

I generally wear the same thing... or at least the same kind of thing everyday. Since I rarely leave home except to go to the gym I generally wear sweatpants and a t-shirt... when I need to be presentable (such as when I go to Wal-mart or the grocery store or the bank) I'll wear a pair of khakis with a black top and a jacket or fleece pullover.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:29 pm

I have a lot of clothes that I've had for 5 or more years. I'll wear something even when it has holes in it sometimes. Not big holes, but holes you couldn't see from far away. A lot of the t shirts I have that are too old, I just wear as gym clothes now. I used to care about what I wear, but not so much anymore. I get made fun of by a couple guys at work for the way I dress, but at the same time a lot of people give me compliments on my outfits. Maybe they're just being nice...or maybe those two guys are just really superficial and just care about labels. I love stores like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:30 pm

I have a lot of clothes that I've had for 5 or more years. I'll wear something even when it has holes in it sometimes. Not big holes, but holes you couldn't see from far away. A lot of the t shirts I have that are too old, I just wear as gym clothes now. I used to care about what I wear, but not so much anymore. I get made fun of by a couple guys at work for the way I dress, but at the same time a lot of people give me compliments on my outfits. Maybe they're just being nice...or maybe those two guys are just really superficial and just care about labels. I love stores like Ross, TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2009, 11:31 pm

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2009, 3:44 am

I buy most of my clothes at thrift shops (one of them even sells clothing cheaply by the pound). Since I'm a thrift shop junkie (and can't mend my clothes), I just buy more clothes secondhand whenever they get rips or holes or I get bored.

Most of my clothes are black (with the exception of blazers or chiffon overshirts) so this makes it easy to coordinate and dress in a hurry. I hate to iron, so I won't buy clothes that tend to wrinkle or need to be creased.

I love the look of jeans but they drive me crazy to wear them as they feel so rigid, heavy. and boxy to me. I prefer cotton or matte lycra yoga or dancer's pants as I prefer pants that don't restrict my movements at all. (I love sitting and stretching out on the floor or grass).

I live in a warm climate, so in the summer I tend to wear black pants with a baggy tank top or long t-shirt plus a gauzy chiffon type overshirt with a dramatic pattern on it or a nice texture. In the "winter" I wear velvety/suede/satin blazers or cardigans instead of the chiffon overshirts.

INTJ.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2009, 12:00 pm

In terms of Clothing and how it relates to my Aspergers? Well, I realise I'm not that well-versed in picking out clothing that often fits a particular style or one that goes hand in hand-i.e tends to match :oops:Anyways, I am though always trying to look my best and not dress in a manner looking like some of bum or such..These days, I try to make the best of decisions in this realm though there is no one truely to help me in my normal life when it comes to shopping for clothes and all or should I say helping me to make choices that are not only seen as appropriate but, work well with being comfortable and accomodating to myself as a person..

kimabear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Dec 2009, 8:09 pm

My nine year old aspie daughter insists on wearing her clothes for multiple days in a row. She has also developed an issue with certain materials, especially jeans. She has no idea how to match her clothes and frankly doesn't care if she does match. She doesn't care about how her clothes look to others. What's most important to he is being comfortable no matter how she looks.

racooneyes
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Dec 2009, 8:13 pm

Yeah I'm 30 and my mum stil buys my clothes lol how embarrassing, I'm still quite particular though and wont wear just anything.
There's been snow on the ground for a couple weeks here and the only footwear I have is a 2 or 3 year old pair of trainers, they're cool trainers but not good for snow.

get all confused and then mix up the dates.

Vivienne
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 3:44 am

I don't like spending the money, period.

I can't bring myself to understand why a shirt can cost $50 when it's just a shirt. I buy most of my clothes from Value Village (thrift) or I wear what I've found in the laundry (people leave donations there), I'll also wear clothes my mother has outgrown sometimes.

Most of what's fashionable looks cheaply made and itchy to me. The kind of thing I'd wear all the while thinking to myself "I can't wait to get home and get this offa me!"

I did however, put together a lot of interesting looks during my 20's, all from thrift, but I'd get in these 'phases' - the vintage tee phase, the dress phase, the major accessory phase, the granny sunglasses phase (my personal favourite, did u know that when people think ur blind they talk about you while you're standing in front of them like you're not there? It's funny.)

"Be plain, good son, and homely in thy drift;
Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift"
~Shakespeare

Locustman
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 9:44 am

Oddle enough, I'm the opposite, despite being aspie. I buy new clothes all the time - especially to cheer myself up if I'm feeling down - and I often give things away to charity shops before they wear out, because I have an aspie compulsion to make sure everything I wear is in as close to brand new condition as possible. The local Oxfam shop has probably received more donations from me than anyone else in the neighbourhood!

I think it's a reaction to reading about aspies who dress badly and don't care about their appearance at all. If anything, the desire to avoid becoming a cultural stereotype often droives me to over-compensate by being ultra-fastidious about my appearance.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 10:00 am

Locustman wrote:
Oddle enough, I'm the opposite, despite being aspie. I buy new clothes all the time - especially to cheer myself up if I'm feeling down - and I often give things away to charity shops before they wear out, because I have an aspie compulsion to make sure everything I wear is in as close to brand new condition as possible. The local Oxfam shop has probably received more donations from me than anyone else in the neighbourhood!

I think it's a reaction to reading about aspies who dress badly and don't care about their appearance at all. If anything, the desire to avoid becoming a cultural stereotype often droives me to over-compensate by being ultra-fastidious about my appearance.

It's the same here, I only wear new clothes as I only wear my white tees once. I try to dress like a hip-hop star off MTV to show that I am NOT autistic. Yo man, I do care whether or not I look like the coolest rapper on the street!

ATwistedLogic
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2012, 10:11 am

I always wear T shirts, shorts and go barefoot or wear flip flops

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 10:52 am

I tend to hang on to my clothes because I can't stand clothes shopping. But at the same time, I don't go around in tatty clothes, I do like to look presentable.

Cesar
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Aug 2012, 11:57 pm

I like comfy clothes. During hot summer days I wear extra-short and very baggy old gym cotton shorts and T-shirts. I wear mostly second-hand vintage stuff.

Last edited by Cesar on 03 Sep 2012, 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.