Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

alana
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 6:44 pm

I wonder how many of us have had paranormal experiences. I also wonder how many of us are among the contingent that dismiss all of that as hooey. I am among the first group. I think that since we are supposed to be more 'sensitive' in some ways, this might mean we 'pick up' on so-called 'extra-sensory' things.

mtougas01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2009, 7:04 pm

i am certainly with you that we pick up on the paranormal. just today i felt my recently passed uncle reassure me by putting his hands on my shoulders. i have had multiple other encounters and look forward to more.

AnnaLemma
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Dec 2009, 7:06 pm

I definitely do not discount the existence of realities that our senses can't detect. Who knew x-rays were there before we had the understanding to predict them/built machines to detect them? Bees see in ultraviolet, snakes see in infrared, etc., etc., just because we can't doesn't mean those things don't exist. That said, I have never had a truly paranormal experience myself. A simpler explanation always presents itself. I do remain open to the possibility of something currently not explainable, but I reserve judgment on reports of this kind, since there are usually alternative, more likely explanations.

pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2009, 7:23 pm

Sorry, anything you "perceive" is all in your head and wishful thinking. There is no god, no spirits, no devil, no heaven and no hell (other than the one Komrade Obama is creating for us...)

mtougas01
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Dec 2009, 8:10 pm

pixel-debris: you could not possibly know that at all. things exist without us knowing all the time, i.e. as AnnaLemma pointed out X-Rays, and we are perfecting our knowledge of submicroscopic particles all the time. just because we don't know for certain god or anything else doesn't exist at this moment does not mean these things don't exist at all. that is a fallacy of logic that fails every time. i respect your opinion but i do not respect how you appear to be getting there with certainty and no evidence.

pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2009, 8:19 pm

mtougas01 wrote:
pixel-debris: you could not possibly know that at all. things exist without us knowing all the time, i.e. as AnnaLemma pointed out X-Rays, and we are perfecting our knowledge of submicroscopic particles all the time. just because we don't know for certain god or anything else doesn't exist at this moment does not mean these things don't exist at all. that is a fallacy of logic that fails every time. i respect your opinion but i do not respect how you appear to be getting there with certainty and no evidence.

I cannot "prove" there is not an elephant behind me at this moment, but I'd bet my life and entire net worth that there isn't one there. There is no way to "prove" a negative, but that does not mean that logic and reason cannot lead one to a conclusion.

There is no physical evidence of a god, period.
There is no documented and proven god events (no miracles).
The very concept of a god is illogical. Where did god come from?

But if there were to be a god, it would be a mean and evil god. This god creates us, condemns us to live long suffering lives and a more than likely horrible death. He pits one group of his creations against others in the endless wars, he created Hitler and Stalin and Obama and he pitches airplanes into the ocean. He murdered my wife.

This god puts us here on earth with competing and radically different religions all promoting "their" god over "your" god. Your task is to figure out which is the right one and join, else burn in hell for eternity. And while you are a member of the one "true" religion, you must blindly obey and kill anyone they order you to. Why can't this all-powerful god kill his own victims?

This all-powerful god would only have to wish total life with all we want? He chooses not to.... he chooses to play with us like a little boy plays with an ant farm and army men. It's like the world is his video game. He wrote the code, so he knows in advance how it will all turn out, but he does it anyway like a sick pimple faced adolescent.

I have not the slightest belief in a god and if it turns out I am wrong, I would hate this god. We don't like it when a spouse or friend "uses" us, any god does just that, uses us for its entertainment.

prism_tail_rainbows
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Dec 2009, 8:19 pm

more clairvoyance than paranormal encounters. it's weird.

Philotix
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Dec 2009, 8:54 pm

AnnaLemma wrote:
I definitely do not discount the existence of realities that our senses can't detect. Who knew x-rays were there before we had the understanding to predict them/built machines to detect them? Bees see in ultraviolet, snakes see in infrared, etc., etc., just because we can't doesn't mean those things don't exist. That said, I have never had a truly paranormal experience myself. A simpler explanation always presents itself. I do remain open to the possibility of something currently not explainable, but I reserve judgment on reports of this kind, since there are usually alternative, more likely explanations.

I'm with Anna here, I'll believe it when I see it.

On top of that though, I'm also with Fox Mulder.... I WANT to believe.

I've wanted to believe since I was 14 years old. But now, 15 years after that, I'm jaded. I've LOOKED for the paranormal, I've actually gone to haunted houses wanting to see ghosts, combed the skies for years because I WANTED to see a UFO. After all that time, I've seen nothing, nothing at all.

I WANT to believe, but I can't believe until I see. And I still haven't seen yet.

pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Dec 2009, 8:57 pm

Philotix wrote:
AnnaLemma wrote:

I'm with Anna here, I'll believe it when I see it.

On top of that though, I'm also with Fox Mulder.... I WANT to believe.

I've wanted to believe since I was 14 years old. But now, 15 years after that, I'm jaded. I've LOOKED for the paranormal, I've actually gone to haunted houses wanting to see ghosts, combed the skies for years because I WANTED to see a UFO. After all that time, I've seen nothing, nothing at all.

I WANT to believe, but I can't believe until I see. And I still haven't seen yet.

It is the desire to "want" to believe that makes some people "believe" they see ghosts and have contact with their dead friends and relatives. I give you extra credit for wanting to believe, but not falling into the trap of making stuff up to promote your desire. If there is a higher desire, it's truth.

Check out the "haunted" hotel in Estes Park, CO. During the tour they mention all the "paranormal" things you'll see in your "digital" photos in one part of the hotel. They never mention the IR emitters they have in that hallway to overexpose your digital camera's optical sensor.... it's all fake there and fake everywhere. The desire to believe is what drives people to imagine things that don't and cannot happen. We're supposed to be civilized but too many are so afraid to be alone, they imagine events that did not and cannot happen. Anyone who believes they have experienced any paranormal event should be embarrassed, and I am embarrassed for them.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 9:18 pm

I can feel people's "auras". I could ever since birth and until very recently thought it was something everyone expirenced. It's why I don't like people getting close to me or touching me. I thought people were just being mean when they did not understand why I would "act up" when I was forced to stand next to someone or hold a baby becuase they just HAD to have pictures of me holding the baby. I recently learned it's because they just don't have the capicity to feel auras.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 9:52 pm

I know about aliens and they talk to me all the time. In fact if someone thinks there aren't aliens in the Universe then they are the delusional ones. Then I am also a very powerful psychic and can influence things with my mind but I will never intentionally hurt someone. Psychic powers exist and I hate it. I see events before they happen. I can't just predict out of the blue. I do know that the Dow will hit 15,000 next year if nothing goes wrong (like the world ending as part of World War 3 or the aliens). Gaming will also be the best since 2007. Sadly nothing great will happen here while I see record numbers for the Dow. Cows will still moo in Cow Town year of 1810.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2009, 11:39 pm

It's all a load of hooey

FuzzyElephants
Raven
Raven

25 Dec 2009, 1:26 am

I've had dreams of things before they've happened (nothing big, stupid little crap like mini-video clips of things that hadn't happened yet at that point in time). On occation I know that someone is going to call before the phone rings. I've woken up because I heard a child's voice urgently telling me "Wake up and open the door I have to pee! I've gotta pee! Wake Up!" and found my mom's dog staring me directly in the face (incidentally she did have to pee). You can attribute any of that to whatever you choose to attribute it to. I've watched one of my cats play with thin air as if it was a playmate on a several occations. I've seen my loveable beagle who befriends absolutely everything stare at a corner of a room and growl very intently at nothing... I have no logical explaination for that other than they saw something I didn't or can't, whatever that might be.

On a more personal note I do believe in spirits and reincarnation but I have no scientific data to back that up, it's just a personal belief. The only attempt at scientific reasoning I put to it is that the human body has energy in it, which can not be created or destroyed only transfered. Logically speaking that energy has to go somewhere when a person dies, where it goes, who knows. You could say heaven, hell, valhalla, nowhere, everywhere... doesn't really matter. We haven't reached a point yet where physical science and metaphysical theory can be bridged but that doesn't mean that technology won't get there some day.

As with all things in this world I remain cautiously optimistic.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

25 Dec 2009, 6:04 pm

ive certainly been attacked by something in my sleep before in my new apartment. it punched me in the stoumach like 5 times right when i was falling asleep! and no i was not on drugs or drinking. :lol: this lead me to purchase these jesus portiats at st. vincent de paul and so far it seems to be working so im rollin with it. i think its phsychokenesis. like im projecting a bad time so guess what? my own bad thoughts and energy turns against me but i do love watching paranaormal shows and hopefully im not opening a door wich cannot be shut because i really cant deal wth any ghosts :lol:

Philotix
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Dec 2009, 6:14 pm

I ain't afraid of no ghosts....

pixel-debris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Dec 2009, 6:15 pm

I am always astounded at how some people are so afraid to be alone, they either make up stories, or hallucinate.

You're alone people, there are no ghosts, no matter how important telling stories makes you feel.

So how do these ghosts decide who they will contact or pick on? There have been billions and billions of people who have died, you'd think we'd all be bothered all the time by them. Do they have like a lottery? Do they only contact (or punch...) the worthy? The needy? The gullible? Funny how 99% of the time, those telling the stories are the "believers" and the non-believers never get contacted.....

Autism is really supposed to make you smarter and clear headed, how about showing it?