Page 3 of 15 [ 227 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

mysassyself
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:37 am

I seem to be a Marilyn Monrow type; sometimes anyway. I'm not actually very sassy, I just called myself that to remind me to be brave and honest when posting.

But people do think I'm blonde, but that's not my real identity.

It's because I can get by in social situations by smiling or laughing lightheartedly and not actually talking very much. Not that I do this much anymore - once I discovered AS I realised I don't have to do what people want or expect and now I'm much calmer.

Also I have synesthesia that very often makes me seem vague.

Anyway it's all ridiculous. Tim and Cockney Rebel I like both your photos (esp the last one CR 8O )

and everyone else's too :D

A Thursday child ..

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:51 am

I only look good from certain camera angles..that is me in my avatar..i am one of the narcissistic types with dozens of pictures....Sometimes I feel like taking all of the pics of me and putting them into one folder and then deleting it because I am ashamed of how many there are. One of the reasons I have so many pictures now might be that I was so awkward and ugly and made fun of as a kid..that I cling to what scraps of photogenic-ness that I have...because it will be gone eventually..
I always take pictures of myself when I am in my stage costume, so in many pictures of myself I am wearing a wig....Otherwise I am slouchy, flappy, short and stocky with messy hair and i usually wear a hat to block out the overhead lighting...
((Deleted pic))
This is me in my costume for this year's Organ Failure Christmas show...I am wearing a brand new pink wig, fresh from the package.

I wasn't planning on posting a pic of myself here.... :oops:

I was gonna post a pic of my ASish friend...who is skinny and balding and bespectacled and prettyprettyprettypretty..... :flower: ...(in my humble opinion)....

((Deleted pic))

Last edited by poopylungstuffing on 29 Dec 2009, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 12:59 am

I do not understand this thread. How does hand flapping or slouching or twitching exempt someone from being beautiful? Most people can prevent from doing this in a single picture anyway, and most people with autism DO flap their hands and have odd gait.

As for weight, seems to me it's just a common stereotype that computer nerds are either obese or very skinny. Asperger's is seen with, computers.

Elementary_Physics
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 1:04 am

ColdBlooded wrote:
Just a "slouching twitchy weirdo"(describes me perfectly, actually, lol) here.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/ ... cs0560.jpg

Oh my Goodness! 8O I want that snake! :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:06 am

Nice pics!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2009, 1:07 am

buryuntime wrote:
I do not understand this thread. How does hand flapping or slouching or twitching exempt someone from being beautiful? Most people can prevent from doing this in a single picture anyway, and most people with autism DO flap their hands and have odd gait.

As for weight, seems to me it's just a common stereotype that computer nerds are either obese or very skinny. Asperger's is seen with, computers.

I think it's just a thread where people can post pictures...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:09 am

I agree....I fell for the bait on this one...flapping and gait really have nothing to do with beauty...aspie stereotypes are just stereotypes...
Conventional ideals of physical beauty are for the birds...this could be another thread to foster insecurity....I will delete my pics...

images of me can be seen in any of my 365 stinking youtube videos...and my friend can be seen in most of the Puppetrina movies..

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:12 am

harlequinsenor wrote:
buryuntime wrote:

There already is a thread for that, granted not in this section.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:14 am

it was not just a thread for people to post pics, the OP wanted to see pics that defied the sterotypes that the OP described....or something.....as if those stereotypes could somehow not be beautiful.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:16 am

buryuntime wrote:
harlequinsenor wrote:
buryuntime wrote:

There is one in "Getting to Know You", and two in "Members Only".

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:23 am

Elementary_Physics wrote:
ColdBlooded wrote:

Oh my Goodness! 8O I want that snake! :D

How much room do you have? That was my Reticulated Python when i first got her earlier this year. I would expect her to eventually reach at least 16 feet, so they're true giant snakes. They are much more alert than many other large snake species aswell, so i would recommend that you have experience with large snakes before getting one. You can buy them from breeders online or at reptile expos, and they aren't all that expensive, though. The expensive part is buying or building a large enclosure and feeding them large food items. They are very nice pet snakes, but only for the right people who will keep them properly. There are also some different laws regarding keeping giant snakes in some states.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2009, 1:28 am

poopylungstuffing wrote:
it was not just a thread for people to post pics, the OP wanted to see pics that defied the sterotypes that the OP described....or something.....as if those stereotypes could somehow not be beautiful.

I don't think that's what the OP was suggesting...

I think the OP was simply asking for people to submit pics of themselves insofar as they compared to typical social norms regarding beauty... and yes, the OP probably wanted pics that defied the stereotypes... but what's wrong with that? I think the whole point was that aspies CAN defy the stereotypes and be beautiful while doing so... while the topic might be a little misleading, I don't see how the entire thread suggests that those stereotypes are "somehow not...beautiful"... I think you're making that part up yourself.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

29 Dec 2009, 1:29 am

Tim_Tex wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
harlequinsenor wrote:
buryuntime wrote:

There is one in "Getting to Know You", and two in "Members Only".

I don't read those forums.

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 1:32 am

I'm just average looking.

1st pic

2nd pic

veiledexpressions
Toucan
Toucan

29 Dec 2009, 1:35 am

ColdBlooded wrote:

I think you're attractive. :wink:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2009, 1:35 am

Great pics!