Do people think your ret*d before they get to know you?

Page 9 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 3:29 am

more often they think i am silently planning something terrible. a kind of 'serial killer" trying to blend in.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

CharityGoodyGrace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 4:09 am

Some people think I'm ret*d even AFTER they get to know me, but those are usually the types that believe all people with psych diagnoses are ret*d, or the types that believe all different people are ret*d.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 11:20 am

I don't what know most people are thinking about me because they don't tell me and I can't read their minds. I sometimes wonder what other people think. And then I wonder what being another person is like. And then I wonder why I'm me and not someone else, and then I have to stop before I get royally creeped out.

mrshappyhands
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Feb 2017, 2:06 pm

I'm sure that has been thought about me upon first meeting me. I tend to come off rather spacy and discombobulated. "You don't get out much, do you?" is a phrase I hear more often than I'd like to.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2017, 7:32 pm

My mom stays that when I was a child, I was considered "clinically ret*d" because I had learning disabilities in math. I couldn't get her to say wither or not SHE herself thought I was ret*d. She just said I'm progressing with my life. Well, ret*d people can progress with their lives. I could care less what other people thought about me, but my own mother should be honest with me. Yes, I think she does think I am "ret*d" but just won't admit she does.