Page 5 of 11 [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 10:17 am

Jeans, long sleeve shirts, 'tighty-whitey' undies. Underwear in general. Ugh.

Pithlet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2011, 11:42 am

I dislike most women's clothing, but generally don't wear men's clothing with the exception of small t-shirts that fit well. That makes shopping long and frustrating. However some of the current women's styles have become a little more tolerable. Most men's t-shirts are boxy, have sleeves that are too large or are just too large altogether. I like RVCA brand shirts because they're comfortable and fit me perfectly. Plus Ben Horton draws cool animal pictures.
I won't wear heels, very picky with bras and underwear, won't wear a thong (ever!). I'm very picky with jeans, I have one pair. I hate tags, I've been ripping them off since I was strong enough to do so. I'm picky with socks. I buy expensive wool socks that don't have that seam bump across the toes. Those are all sensory related.
As far as color and style, I rarely wear reds, and even more rarely pink. I wear alot of blues, greens, browns, and greys. I don't like anything that looks too girly. I do love stripes for some odd reason. Probably about a third of my shirts are horizontal striped. I also won't wear short shorts. I like the girl shorts now that are knee length like knickers.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2011, 12:04 pm

IceCreamGirl wrote:
I don't like to wear anything red, yellow, or orange. Those colors just don't look good on me.

I dislike red pants, very much. Orange is something that I rarely don. Red, however in other things; sweaters, turtlenecks, or cotton blouses, are my favorites.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2011, 12:06 pm

Pithlet wrote:
I do love stripes for some odd reason. Probably about a third of my shirts are horizontal striped. I also won't wear short shorts. I like the girl shorts now that are knee length like knickers.

Yeah, I love stripes, checks and plaids. My closet is full of these patterns in shirts.

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 12:09 pm

I hate tight clothing, especially around the waist. I do like low-rise pants because they don't bind as badly, and I like sweat pants for the same reason. I hate heels and shoes that pinch. I absolutely CANNOT wear wool...too itchy. I want to personally thank the inventor of tagless clothing for saving me the time and energy of cutting out tags (yeah I still do that :oops: )

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

alone
Toucan
Toucan

19 Feb 2011, 12:17 pm

hate patterns, matching outfits...shoes match shirt
hate anything not cotton, the softer, thinner the better (casmere ok)..hate thick clothes
hate flashy shoes

love plain black cotton, sometimes casmere sweaters (when it is tight weaved, looks like cotton but softer than soft...tight and warm)
love low key thin hoodies--hate those loud patchy wrap around color or skull junk...swords
thinsulate tech jackets..raincoats that are waterproof and breathe (like waterproof stuff so I can walk around in the rain and not get hot or wet)
love soft bluejeans, lower the better
love converse allstars, love low key but expensive extra soft leather short boots .. soft leather flats
love paper thin white, with some tiny imprint, tshirts..worn and raveled sleeves
love white
love black

love wild belts

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 12:19 pm

I hate/can't stand:
- tight clothes;
- too short clothes (most women's clothes are too short for me);
- formal clothes;
- high heels;
- sweaters;
- scarfs;
- accessories (rings, bracelets, etc.);
- women bags;
- winter jackets;
- hats;
- belts;
- skirts with lining;
- glasses;
- hipsters pants;
- socks with welts;
- two-pieces swimwear;
- clothes that I have to adjust again and again - I want to forget I have clothes.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

KBerg
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Feb 2011, 1:04 pm

Girly anything I just can't wear. I look at the women's sections and go "oh yuck, why would anyone wear that voluntarily?". Heels, absolute no. Won't do it. Sneakers in the summer and good hiking/winter boots in the winter and I'm good. I don't need 10 pairs of shoes where 3 will meet every social obligation I have.

Comfort above look for me. I prefer buying as many of my clothes in the men's section for that reason, their clothes seem to be infinitely more comfortable, better made and on top of that significantly cheaper! Oh and they come in nice muted colors that don't scream 'I need attention NOW' as loudly. Seriously, how is it that tshirts I've gotten from the women's section tend to be abrasive or itchy to my skin, uncomfortably tight even if I bough the right size and have crap quality cotton in them that tears at the slightest use? Meanwhile the men's tshirts are soft, don't constrict (even though they don't have to account for, y'know, breasts) in the right size and seem to last for frigging ever. I also like plain clothes, or something relating to my geeky interests (no shortage of computer referencing tshirts to get out there). I don't like wearing someone's advertisement for their clothes, I think if you want me to walk around with your huge logo on my clothing I should be getting paid for it.

I can't wear loud clothes. I mean shoes with hard soles that go clack clack clack when you walk - ever wonder how many tv show shootouts could be avoided if they made all those cops on those shows wear more quiet sneakers rather than clickity clackity shoes that loudly make it very clear to whoever they're chasing there's someone following them? Or swishy material that makes a lot of noise when you move, I can't wear that stuff either. I also don't do skirts or dresses. Nor do I do shorts if I can avoid it. In general, if a 15 year old geeky gamer boy wouldn't wear it, I probably wouldn't either.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Feb 2011, 3:47 pm

KBerg wrote:
ever wonder how many tv show shootouts could be avoided if they made all those cops on those shows wear more quiet sneakers rather than clickity clackity shoes that loudly make it very clear to whoever they're chasing there's someone following them?

:lmao:

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 6:00 pm

I'm not big on sandals/flip-flops (preferring regular shoes) or any type of clothing that is a billboard for that brand of clothing (e.g. Nike, Adidas). Also, I've never had any problems dressing up (I'm probably one of the better dressed at work).

Also, someone has to mention Speedos. I'm uncomfortable enough just seeing others wear them.

Xeno
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 6:22 pm

I hate, hate, HATE baseball caps.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 7:21 pm

Nothing loose fitting - to me loose is really uncomfortable as it touches the skin too softly and randomly brushes against you, so I like wearing tight-fitting clothing and supportive vests under my clothes. I've never understood the concept of coming home from work and changing into baggy pants and t-shirt, baggy clothes feel old to me...I'd rather stay in work clothes than wear baggy clothes.

I can't wear turtle necks or one-shouldered tops/dresses - I have both a very long chest and a very long neck, so one-shouldered tops/dresses makes them look longer, and turtle necks stop about a quarter of the way up my neck, it looks freaky as hell.

I can't wear green as my skin is too pale, although I can wear olive green as it matches the colour of my eyes.

Those casual baggy shirts that were fashionable last year, I can do smart/casual fitted shirts but these oversized shirts look horrific, especially in gingham, tartan, or checks, which also look horrid on me. Sucks as I love the look of those oversized shirts.

The styles of tops or dresses with long bits down the sides, like this - I have beautiful womanly hips, so these make my hips look huge.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

cave_canem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Feb 2011, 10:39 pm

socks with little bits of fluff in them

shoes with little pebbles or other hard or sharp items in them

shoes without socks (including sandals)

those socks that have separate coverings for each toe

anything made from wool

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 10:48 pm

Turtle necks and long sleeves.

tangomike
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 11:24 pm

I like khaki shorts and flannel shirts.

Digsy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Feb 2011, 11:32 pm

I will not wear flat shoes or any shoes that do not fit my foot, normally I will settle for a pair of walking boots.
Not an avid fan of fashion trends as they tend to come and go with the seasons and having a family with four children the way I look is normally the last thing on my mind, and nothing I was ever interested in to start with.
I NEVER spend more than.
£30 on a pair of shoes.
£20 on a coat.
£15 on a pair of bottoms/trowsers/jeans.
£7 on a t-shirt/jumper/top.
Those above figures are pretty much set in stone and it would take me a lot to deviate from them.
I don't generally don't go for colourful clothes mainly blacks/browns/dark blues.
I used to more often than not walk into a store and walk out without anything, because there wasn't anything I liked, I can't do that these days as I physically struggle to walk to any store, I've been buying online for awhile, and the lack of going out has reduced the amount of wear and tear on my clothing, although I'm about ready for a wardrobe change.

I won't wear anything tight because I don't like my actions being restricted.
When I do see an item of clothing that either feels or looks like something I'd wear I buy at least 3 of them.
If it is something I think I'd like to wear often I will buy up to 7 items of the same piece of clothing.
Doing things this way has turned out to be a little bit of a nightmare when buying online, because when I receive them, if they chafe, don't feel right, don't have deep enough pockets or just not enough pockets (online pictures show fake sewn on patterned pockets) they get sent to charity.

On my upper body I'm not too keen on plain items, I like lots of zips and always wear at least one item of clothing with zip pockets.
Lower body I try and avoid zips so they don't damage/destroy my furniture.
In the underwear department I only wear boxer shorts and haven't bought any since my teens, I'm 33 and they are covered in holes, the material itself was worn thin on the ones that have survived.
I can't seem to buy new underwear.

Last edited by Digsy on 20 Feb 2011, 1:35 am, edited 2 times in total.