What are you obsessed with right now?

Page 3 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 7:53 pm

Yyyyeeeaaaah, I gotta add Country Story (the facebook app) to my little list here. 2 people just un-friended me, and I think it's because I was watering their plants way too often. XD;;;;;
DAMMIT, I need a farming game with MOAR TO DO. (And also fancy stuff like Country Story's magic trees, omfg. Farmville is so boring with its normal plants and un-cute sheep.)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

02 Feb 2010, 10:54 pm

As most things I am really interested in are tied into my model Ho scale tourist town, I am currently obsessed with the motor courts that occupied the Route 66 type of highways in America in the 40's and 50's. These individual cabin type motels were fascinating. I love the way these old motels are configured into long rows of units. They must have been really cozy---your own little house all to yourself while you vacationed. Gee how the modern high rise hotels have lost the charm of the simpler days of travelling.

x_amount_of_words
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

Mass Effect 2

Valdego_Silentium
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Feb 2010, 11:48 pm

Pokémon, Code Geass, and story writing.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2010, 11:52 pm

Right now my main special interest is Special Education.

I am using Structural Arithmetic materials to help to develop my daughter's math skills as she has discalculia.

I have already purchased most of the recommended, (expert authored) texts on discalculia.

This was in part so that I could understand discalculia (math was and remains my gift area) as well as understanding a new 'technical' language

We are also in the process of moving her to a school that is better able to meet her needs as she has additional learning disabilities.

This is completely alien to me as my IQ tests inside the 98th percentile; furthermore I am a COMPLETELY independent learner and I really could have gotten to University by studying at home, alone and then just taking the exams (memory tests).

Last edited by Blindspot149 on 03 Feb 2010, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2010, 12:04 am

Finding a woman that looks like Roz or Daphne from Frasier that doesn't want kids, doesn't care about the limitations I have due to Aspergers, and is a one man woman.

Magicfly
Toucan
Toucan

04 Feb 2010, 12:33 pm

Trilobites,
Numbers Stations,
Geology (rock samples)

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 12:49 pm

Geographic facts, Simpsons, South Park, sex, finding a suitable partner, art, architecture, indie and foreign films, geography, geology, home design, SUVs, green technology, bunnies, and urban planning.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 1:03 pm

That would be recreational shooting

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 6:39 pm

jocundthelilac wrote:
Hey, Idaho, you ever seen Repo!?

I think you'll LOVE that film. It's dark, it's gritty but it doesn't have a main character to be precise. You have the Largo brothers though... Luigi or Pavi, take your pick :D

Repo: The Genetic Opera? I've heard of it. I think it would be an interesting movie to watch; I'll definitely check it out. I like darkness and grittiness in my movies, if you couldn't tell already. :twisted:

I googled Luigi and Pavi... Based on appearances, I think I'll like Pavi more. He looks slightly like Edward Scissorhands. :o

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 7:27 pm

My username isn't CockneyRebel fro nothing. 8)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 7:30 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
My current obsessions are these movies:
Phantom of the Opera

I was obsessed with both the Broadway play, and the movie, for many years. Cool!

Another phan? Sweet! :)

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2010, 7:34 pm

recently it's been:
¤ Ouroboros - the tail devourer
¤ reading up on loads of techniques to illustrate on the computer since I'm obsessed with Illustrator/PS and I'm trying to mix things up by trying out different ways to do it for best results that appeal to me.
¤ The Office (US version)
¤ the brain (never dies)
¤ WP (nearly spent 5 hours / day for 3 days now)

MeshGearFox
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Feb 2010, 3:15 am

Ancient Greek tragedy. It makes me feel better about my own awful tragic life. (At least I didn't marry Mom and poke my eyes out like poor old Oedipus!)

johanstruijk82
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Feb 2010, 3:22 am

WP, my daily schedule, my heart (since it's too rapid) and take meds for this, sleep, psychosomatics, psychology, psychiatry.

SoulcakeDuck
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2010, 1:19 pm

Valdego_Silentium wrote:
Pokémon, Code Geass, and story writing.

Geass was my thing last week, but as i finished it I didn't like it much towards the end and moved on to some illustration studying. It did awake an interest in digitalized computer art for the time being.