Page 3 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 12:46 am

Ticker wrote:
dbzgirl wrote:
I wonder if having both of your front teeth having a stain on them since you were born is one because I have it.

That's a sign of fluoridosis (not sure if I spelled that right). It happens to kids that grow up in an area that has highly fluoridated water and/or do like I did and ate toothpaste when I was a kid. I have the fluoride stained teeth too so don't feel bad.

I have a stain on both of my front teeth, it looks like that stain is bright white, whiter than my teeth's normal color, which is a slightly off-white. However I had heard that this was because my mother took certain antibiotics while she was pregnant.

DrowningMedusa
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 5:24 am

The only real strange physical trait I think I have (only because others have brought it to my attention) are my eyes. They're quite sunken, wide-set, and really big, and they either stare for inappropriate lengths of time or they look away... I don't know how to do otherwise. I'd post a picture if I didn't know better. Anyways, they make enough people feel uncomfortable... hehe<insert wry laughter> blah.

fresco
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 5:45 am

I have a large head and small mouth, my hands look a bit weird too, sort of clumsy and droopy.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 6:40 am

Ticker wrote:

That's a sign of fluoridosis (not sure if I spelled that right). It happens to kids that grow up in an area that has highly fluoridated water and/or do like I did and ate toothpaste when I was a kid. I have the fluoride stained teeth too so don't feel bad.

When I was 8, we moved out of town, out on the countryside. The water wasn't fluoridated (on the contrary, we had/have an own water well), but it had a lot of metal salts in it, like manganese oxide. I got severe tartar on my fronth teeth, which, 27 years later, isn't fully gone. I still have spots where I get tartar, despite having better tooth paste and an electrical tooth brush. I have to put a small amount of tooth paste on the blunt end of a tooth pick and hard but carefully rub the tartar away...This might have nothing to do with my AS at all but ever since I got my diagnosis, I have put them in connection with another...

'Tis munny in my purse.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 9:12 am

The corners of may mouth definitely turn down and I find it almost impossible to fake a smile. I do have to be genuinely happy to be smiling. But even then I may be just laughing or giggling instead.
I did not honestly know what smiling really meant until I was 9 as I was such a poor judge at reading peoples emotions.

I have bad psoriasis which has been linked to autism. I not only get it on my scalp but also bad on the bridge of my nose behind my ears and down the back of my neck.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 1:27 pm

Well, I don't know about the large head. I would say mine is probably average size. It PROBABLY would have stuck out in the back, and DOE stick out a bit in the front, but that is probably because I learned to read early, and would often stay up like all night reading.

As for the teeth? my bite is pretty normal, but it IS hard to smile, ESPECIALLY if I want to show my teeth, and my dentists have said I have a small mouth and big teeth.

Lighter coloration IS often caused by antibiotics, etc... Some darkening is ALSO, especially things like "colorado brown stain"(cuased by flouride).

Steve

Sixela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Oct 2006, 5:32 pm

I don't know what picture people were posting about on this thread, the link to the article doesn't work, but I have
-lower ears
-lower then usual sides of the mouth which is small and I have fat lips
-my head was very big for an infant at the time, its quite small now but very round
-got the large ribcage for sure, bothered me when I was younger
-tend to breathe through my mouth unless I'm speaking, I tend to drool at night, but sporatically
-I was very stubborn to nurse from my mother, I read somewhere that that's an indicator
-I had a gap between my top front teeth before a dental surgery, I read that's one too, and I'm prone to dental stains from any instigator, I also think my teeth are big for the size of my mouth
-the wide deep set eyes
-I think its psoriasis I get on my ankles once in a while, not sure
Does anyone else have this many supposed traits? I feel like a freak.......then again I'm used to that......I also seem to have many traits, or have had, or am developing many different traitsfrom most or all the different 'AS personality types' list on aspiesforfreedom......this is sort of upsetting to me.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:23 pm

Which of these five children has the big head?

Last edited by paulsinnerchild on 22 Oct 2006, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

hyperbolic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:25 pm

The baby's head seems rather large.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 8:37 pm

xon wrote:
The baby's head seems rather large.

That's me at 14 and half months of age being trained by my big sister to walk.

Here is another image me sitting in the toy waggon.
Rather large head then too compared to my brother's

Paul

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 10:31 pm

People tell me that I look English, or distinguished.

What do you think?

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2006, 10:34 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
People tell me that I look English, or distinguished.

What do you think?

I think you look English.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 1:17 am

What a fine stamp of a man!

What is a big issue me is "Seborrhoeic Dermatitis", a kind of psoriasis that is not as red and not as mange like in appearance. However it gives me severe dandruff all though my scalp and I get it behind the ears on the bridge of my nose, eyebrows and down the back of my neck.
It also deposits dandruff flakes over my glasses and I have to clean them frequently.

Looks like this Seborrhoeic Dermatitis is part of a metabolic dysfunction of trypophane and a vitamin B6 dificiency where if it is deficiant at childhood could lead to autism
here

Quote:
Deficiency from inadequate diet, oestrogen birth control pills, pharmaceutical drugs; pregnancy & lactation; chronic alcohol use; high protein diet; poor absorption; higher requirement; unsupplemented fasting & reducing diets; increased need during pregnancy, lactation, exposure to radiation, cardiac failure, ageing;
Symptoms include: headache; dizziness; generalized weakness & fatigue; irritability; unable to concentrate; insomnia; depression; water retention; skin lesions: sores on lips, skin & tongue; white blood cell dysfunctions; dandruff & oily scales on scalp & eye-brows (seborrhoeic dermatitis); iron-resistant anaemia; disorders of nerves, heart & joints; poor wound healing; abdominal distress, vomiting; poor growth; erratic blood glucose levels; abnormal decrease in haemoglobin level (hypo chromic anaemia); inability to convert tryptophan into vitamin B-3; kidney stones; brain wave (EEG) abnormalities; nerve degeneration; low blood sugar, glucose intolerance, insensitivity to insulin; numbness & cramps in arms & legs; visual disturbances, neuritis, arthritis, limb paralysis, heart disorders involving nerves; increased urination;

I happen to be very familiar with most of those symptoms as I get them.
Quote:
Large doses of B-6 + magnesium help treat childhood “autism”.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 3:48 am

The kids in my regualr classes would always say, "Look out! You're head's going to blow-up!" It got a little annoying, after a while.

Steve_Cory
Veteran
Veteran

22 Oct 2006, 6:43 pm

My head is a -bit- big. I have slight overbight, but I have consciously tried to straighten my jaw out, which is starting to become automatic.

As far as ears: my ears are completely normal.

Dart
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Oct 2006, 7:31 pm

paulsinnerchild wrote:
What a fine stamp of a man!

What is a big issue me is "Seborrhoeic Dermatitis", a kind of psoriasis that is not as red and not as mange like in appearance. However it gives me severe dandruff all though my scalp and I get it behind the ears on the bridge of my nose, eyebrows and down the back of my neck.
It also deposits dandruff flakes over my glasses and I have to clean them frequently.

Looks like this Seborrhoeic Dermatitis is part of a metabolic dysfunction of trypophane and a vitamin B6 dificiency where if it is deficiant at childhood could lead to autism
here

Quote:
Deficiency from inadequate diet, oestrogen birth control pills, pharmaceutical drugs; pregnancy & lactation; chronic alcohol use; high protein diet; poor absorption; higher requirement; unsupplemented fasting & reducing diets; increased need during pregnancy, lactation, exposure to radiation, cardiac failure, ageing;
Symptoms include: headache; dizziness; generalized weakness & fatigue; irritability; unable to concentrate; insomnia; depression; water retention; skin lesions: sores on lips, skin & tongue; white blood cell dysfunctions; dandruff & oily scales on scalp & eye-brows (seborrhoeic dermatitis); iron-resistant anaemia; disorders of nerves, heart & joints; poor wound healing; abdominal distress, vomiting; poor growth; erratic blood glucose levels; abnormal decrease in haemoglobin level (hypo chromic anaemia); inability to convert tryptophan into vitamin B-3; kidney stones; brain wave (EEG) abnormalities; nerve degeneration; low blood sugar, glucose intolerance, insensitivity to insulin; numbness & cramps in arms & legs; visual disturbances, neuritis, arthritis, limb paralysis, heart disorders involving nerves; increased urination;

I happen to be very familiar with most of those symptoms as I get them.
Quote:
Large doses of B-6 + magnesium help treat childhood “autism”.

I also have "Seborrhoeic Dermatitis"!

Also, I'm severely allergic to some foods and I've heard that that commonly co-exists with autism. Does anyone else here have food allergies?