Page 1 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 4:26 pm

I over analyze everything, like why do i do this, what made me start doing that, like the other day couldnt figure out if something was a stim or tic or anything... Do you ever over analyze stuff, like maybe yourself or other things?

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2008, 4:30 pm

That is our biggest problem. We overanalyze everything and it overloads us causing our problems. The story of my life.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 4:31 pm

Yes, always. And for a looong time I used to think I was the only one like that.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 4:34 pm

Analyzing the analyzer's analysis topic

Very anal, indeed. Never stop analyzing, Age1600! :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

22 Jan 2008, 5:54 pm

I over analyse things from time to time, mainly when i start to develop a friendship with an NT women. They don't like it.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 6:05 pm

dalhousie12 wrote:
I over analyse things from time to time, mainly when i start to develop a friendship with an NT women. They don't like it.

NT men don't like it either. It's one of my husband's biggest complaints about me.

OrderAndChaos30
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2008, 6:26 pm

Did you intend this as a rhetorical question? :-D

Currently analyzing life the universe and everything . . . and not just the book . . .

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 6:58 pm

Yes, beyond the threshold of tolerable.

Vince
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 7:23 pm

It's one of the things people hate most about me, yet it's one of the things I really like to do. I enjoy analysing. As far as I'm concerned, it's the meaning of life. To try to understand things from as many angles as possible. It really annoys me that analysis is considered such a bad thing by most people. And it makes interacting with them so much more difficult, as they jump to conclusions instead of taking time to analyse and gain a real understanding of things.

whitedragon
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2008, 7:35 pm

Irulan wrote:
Yes, always. And for a looong time I used to think I was the only one like that.
I thought I was the only one until I joined WP and found out that it's one of the traits. It sometimes drives me mad mad mad.

Flow
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 7:59 pm

I overanalyise everything. I find it to be a good thing sometimes. It led me to write a life philosophy. It also leads to some interesting thoughts.

MysteryFan3
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 8:39 pm

Oh golly yes. It's my strongest AS trait. :)

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:04 pm

What people deride as "over-analyzing things" I call having a critical attitude towards assumptions. :)

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:14 pm

MysteryFan3 wrote:
Oh golly yes. It's my strongest AS trait. :)
Gosh I didn't know this was an AS trait, I feel closer to being an AS now... I wouldn't call it over-analyzing , it only looks like a lot in comparison to the rest of the people, but the amount of analysis I put to things is well founded, I must say.

stevechoi
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2008, 9:46 pm

Age1600 wrote:
I over analyze everything, like why do i do this, what made me start doing that, like the other day couldnt figure out if something was a stim or tic or anything... Do you ever over analyze stuff, like maybe yourself or other things?

You just defined being an aspie.

I'll over analyze something, usually a negative thing that I shouldn't be overanalyzing, which leads to depression, anxiety and panic attacks. Will I be able to analyze and examine every angle of every aspect of my particular subject? Of course. We're genius in that way. Will I be miserable? Hell yes. Watch "A Beautiful Mind." It's like that.

Welcome to the wonderful world of being an Aspie.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 9:59 pm

Yes, all the time.

My job? Write Functional Specifications/Systems Analyst...figure out what the system does, what it should do, every detail that needs to be included to ensure it does what it should do...blah, blah, blah...

My worst document is praised by everyone...and yet I still manage to find where I missed something...