Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Kris94
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Oct 2008, 4:14 pm

Well (sorry i didnt post this early, i wait until ive run the situation in my head)

It started 2 weeks ago...

I was out at break already my own buisness, having a snack (a small pack of raisins) and suddenly, i hear a booming voice
"KRISTIAN SUMMERSON, GET HERE NOW."

So i turn around, and theres the teacher

"WHY are you eating at breaktime?!?"
"Sir, the rules say im allowed sir" (I think this was percived as cheeky, but i was stating TRUE facts)
"Ok thats it, come round to see me NOW"
"*stammering* y-y-yes sir?"
"You arent allowed to eat at breaktime, thats a detention"
"BUT I HAVENT DONE ANYTHING" i said, not realizing how loud i was
"HOW DARE YOU SHOUT AT ME, AGRESSIVE ACTIONS LIKE THAT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, GO TO THE BSU"
"But, but, but, i havent done anything"
"NOW"
"NO" (my heart pounding, and the hyperveltilation starting)
"DOWN TO THE BSU NOW."

I was seeing red, i was going into a major meltdown, i could feel it.
Bully: "LOOK AT THAT SPAZZ FREAKING OUT! *lots of laughing"

That was the match that set off the gun powder.

I started screaming, hitting people, throwing things around and hitting myself/biting myself

then i broke down and ran into the school, hiding in a room while staff searched for me

then they found me, and my brother, who goes to my school too, calmed me down

Then i went home, and ive been expelled for a week.

:( anyone had anything like this before?

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2008, 4:17 pm

Yes. :oops: I've had meltdowns like that before.

Corydaman93
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2008, 4:41 pm

I haven't really done anything that bad at school, but I have had like meltdowns like that before at home.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:45 pm

I've had bad school experiences. I was Line Leader and the coach told me to go to the back of the line. I refused and he snatched my wrist I hit him and I was in the principals office the police were called (or so I've heard) but everything was ok since he SHOULDN'T of snatched me!! ! I was line LEADER FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! ! I've also tossed a chair in class etc. :-)

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 3:25 am

"Aggressive actions will not be tolerated?" Then by his own admission, and by his own standards, that teacher must be disciplined, just for his opening line. You can't have it both ways.
Did he also encourage the bullying, and is this a regular thing?

HARASSMENT, INTIMIDATION AND BULLYING
http://www.state.nj.us/education/parents/bully.htm

Most states in the US have laws. The federal government was considering a law, I don't know whether that passed. And even if your area doesn't have a law, your teachers certainly know by now that it's wrong.
Being 14 makes it tough to enforce because it's hard for kids to get any respect.
Do you have parents who would back you up if they understood? Also, are your melt-downs understood by someone in the special ed dept? Do you have an IEP?

Theoretically, you could do it alone, but that takes guts.
I'm on the Board of Trustees at a tiny charter school. A couple of years ago, a 13-year-old came to us with a complaint about the misbehavior of a certain teacher. She had a very well-written letter that she read to us, then she answered questions. This started a wave of other kids complaining, and it ended with real action being taken. One person can turn a small school upside down.

You might have a real law suit. It wouldn't be nice to actually do it, because that would only hurt the school, but if you hint at it they should sit up and pay attention. The point is that this bad behavior of a teacher is serious.

Followthereaper90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2008, 4:36 am

i hope u managed at least hit that bully :twisted: i hate when ppl pretending to be tough and then knowing conguenses continue their actions because they wanna be leaders...unfortunally that never payed off for em lol

LeeAnderson
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2008, 4:42 am

Kris94 wrote:
Well (sorry i didnt post this early, i wait until ive run the situation in my head)

I was out at break already my own buisness, having a snack (a small pack of raisins) and suddenly, i hear a booming voice

"Sir, the rules say im allowed sir" (I think this was percived as cheeky, but i was stating TRUE facts)
"HOW DARE YOU SHOUT AT ME, AGRESSIVE ACTIONS LIKE THAT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED, GO TO THE BSU"
"NOW"
"DOWN TO THE BSU NOW."

I started screaming, hitting people, throwing things around and hitting myself/biting myself

then i broke down and ran into the school, hiding in a room while staff searched for me

I didn't scream or bite anyone, but I did throw my lunch tray at a teacher and then leave the lunch room and hide behind a coke machine for the rest of the day.

Kris94
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2008, 11:06 am

LeeAnderson wrote:
Kris94 wrote:

"NOW"
"DOWN TO THE BSU NOW."

I didn't scream or bite anyone, but I did throw my lunch tray at a teacher and then leave the lunch room and hide behind a coke machine for the rest of the day.

I didnt bite anyone, i bit myself :(

RubieRoze
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Oct 2008, 11:19 am

That teacher was out of line. :evil:

CentralFLM
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 5:16 pm

Quote:
I've had bad school experiences. I was Line Leader and the coach told me to go to the back of the line. I refused and he snatched my wrist I hit him and I was in the principals office the police were called (or so I've heard) but everything was ok since he SHOULDN'T of snatched me!! ! I was line LEADER FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! ! I've also tossed a chair in class etc.
zeldapsychology

I'll admit that you piss the hell out of me sometimes, but then I start to think you are as cool as s**t with posts like this.

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 5:32 pm

Teachers are so dumb. You should have kicked him in his balls.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 5:39 pm

The teacher overreacted, definitely. My mom was the same way. She would yell and accuse when talking nicely in a non accusatory way might have gotten better results.
Yeah, that kind of thing happened a lot at home. At school I had other issues. I missed a lot of school though, when feeling bad didn't go so maybe that's why it never happened at school.
One time I did start crying in class and everyone wanted to know what was wrong.

hiddenfiles
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Oct 2008, 11:24 pm

Nope, I never recall having any meltdowns.

Magnus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 11:45 pm

I've been there too. Get a grip. Pretend like you are an anthropologist studying the human culture. Sit back and give respect.
Then go home and regroup. It's life, deal with it.

-Pythagoras

twchurch1989
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2008, 1:08 am

Most of the time when something stupid like that happens to me I end up either making a scene by screaming, yelling, clenching, tensing up, being just really uncontrollably aggravated to the point where i WANT to rampage but end up not, the only time i had it was when a teacher wouldnt let me go to the bathroom, it hurt so bad I banged my head on my desk really loud to help calm me down then finally i couldnt help it i just ran out. surprisingly didn't get in trouble. just made fun of

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 7:28 am

twchurch1989 wrote:
surprisingly didn't get in trouble.
Not surprising. Forbidding you to go to the bathroom is abusive and, around here, it's illegal.
The teacher would have gotten in more trouble than you.