Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 6:36 pm

Anyone here think they're androgynous? Is this more common among aspies/auties than the NT population? Personally, I've always wondered if I am in fact androgynous b/c I've never felt ultra feminine or masculine. But I'd say personality wise I'm approx. 6/8-7/8 female and 1/8-2/8 male personality. (Main reason I sometimes think I'm slightly masculine is when I eventually learned to mimic pretend play (went through the motions), I always could follow the masculine role better even though I was raised by my single mother & eventually her & her female partner). I was mistaken for a boy when I had short hair & was under 14 years of age. Now I'm generally told my face is too feminine to be androgynous but have been told I have a somewhat androgynous body (if I can find the right pants :x). (Sorry, needed to rant again :oops: )

Linear2
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Jun 2010, 6:49 pm

I have 4 older sisters so I wasn't very masculine growing up and was often picked on. I still feel like I never really fit it. From what I've read, lots of people with Asperger's are kind of asexual.

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 6:58 pm

I was mistaken for a boy once, but it was in a karate class and I was wearing sparring pads and a helmet so it's not like the instructor got a clear look at me.

My appearance isn't generally androgynous now, it was moreso when I was younger. I always got along better with the boys. I dress casually and don't wear makeup and I don't dress up very often. I live in t-shirts or sweaters and jeans. I'd say sexual preference-wise I don't seem to have much of a preference either way, or at all, really. I'm not interested in that type of relationship.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:05 pm

I was "accused" of being a man online not too long ago. They said I answered "girl" questions like a man would XD.

IDK, I guess I probably do think like a man in some situations. I'm outwardly feminine, I guess. I probably have somewhat of a masuline energy and stance/posture. My style is really neither here nor there...it leans toward feminine, lots of black or otherwise non-descript items though.

This is appropriate, my younger sister just told me she's transgendered on Yahoo messenger. I'm supportive but I 'm really worried for this kid, she's 12 years old. Wouldn't be shocked if she had Aspie traits as as well. She doesn't want to switch schools, I'm just scared she's going to fall through the cracks.

Le sigh.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:15 pm

I consider myself to be asexual but would be open to the idea of a relationship if the right guy came along. I have to go with a guy b/c I don't like either set of genitals or breasts.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:18 pm

I wouldn't identify as being either masculine or feminine, but I more often display feminine characteristics than masculine. I'm starting to think the reason for this is because I spent more time with my half-sister growing up than I did with my half-brother.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:32 pm

Appearance wise I am mostly masculine (sadly Im a guy with a somewhat more feminine figure, so it kinda sucks finding clothing that fits right.)

Voice wise, complete strangers mistake me for a woman constantly (only if they hear my voice, such as over ventrillo or a phone.)

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:36 pm

Dots wrote:
I always got along better with the boys. I dress casually and don't wear makeup and I don't dress up very often. I live in t-shirts or sweaters and jeans.

Ditto.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I think that mentally and emotionally I am quite androgynous. One of my female friends told me that there are certain things she would never discuss with guys around. I don't get it. People are people. No subjects should be "taboo" merely because of gender.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:41 pm

conundrum wrote:
Dots wrote:
I always got along better with the boys. I dress casually and don't wear makeup and I don't dress up very often. I live in t-shirts or sweaters and jeans.

Ditto.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I think that mentally and emotionally I am quite androgynous. One of my female friends told me that there are certain things she would never discuss with guys around. I don't get it. People are people. No subjects should be "taboo" merely because of gender.

Their are certain "feminine issues" that many females may not want to discuss with guys around. I've noticed guys make stupid comments if your discussing anything to do with sex or bodily issues.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 7:46 pm

I'm a very androgynous person. I wouldn't have it any other way. I like having people trying to guess my gender, all the time. I've had people ask if I was a boy, or a girl, my entire childhood. I still get called, Sir from time to time, and I take it as a compliment.

hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

08 Jun 2010, 8:34 pm

I always felt different from other people. I got bullied for being a fairy. My best friend in high school was gay, so everyone thought I was gay, too. This continued through college. As a young adult, I thought, well everyone says I'm gay I must be gay. I tried to be gay and it didn't work. My experiences with women were unsuccessful but taught me that I prefered women.

I seem to be more feminine, than masculine. I enjoy classical music, not sports.

Now that I'm reading about ASD/PDDs I am beginning to understand why I am different from other people. Currently I'm reading about girls on the spectrum and how they manage Asperger's. I find I can relate to what I'm reading, especially the information on eating disorders.

LancetChick
Raven
Raven

08 Jun 2010, 8:39 pm

I feel completely female, but I also wear old loose clothes and men's shirts, I drive a big pickup truck, and sports and sports news are a way of life for me. I can't stand chick flicks, but love raunchy comedies. When I go into someone's house and they ask if I'd like to see the rest of the house I say "No". I've been mistaken for a man, but that was when my hair was short and my back was turned (I'm 6' tall). If someone mistook me for a man looking at my face or listening to my voice I'd feel pretty insulted, because that's the last thing I'd ever want to be.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 9:34 pm

Keep the pigs guessing...keep them away from my body. 8)

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 10:43 pm

Asperger's seems very male-thought-oriented in many respects. Maybe it's just from being on the internet but I prefer being around males. I dress in female clothing and act female (at least, to my knowledge, I don't care to ask). Sometimes I fail to understand why for some people gender is a huge part of their identity. It's never given me too much thought.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 11:36 pm

I definitely am. I am female, but i definitely feel more like a guy. I only wear mens clothes and keep my hair short. It's still apparent that i'm female(unfortunately! lol), but i've been mistaken for a guy a few times. Just two days ago i was in the restroom where i work washing my hands and a little girl said "hi!" and then "this room is only for girls!" lol.

druidsbird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 11:46 pm

I don't consider myself to have a concrete gender. To me gender is just a mood. I look pretty androgynous.

To me gender feels like a social thing, because I just don't "get it." Does one feel their gender as a part of their social role? Cause I don't really have that either. So I wonder if my lack of genderedness stems somehow from my asperger's.