Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Checkbox
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2023, 4:33 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've heard it's one of the least-liked colours for autistic people. It's something about the light waves or our sensory system getting overstimulated, or something. I wish I could remember where I saw it. I like very light yellow in nature but I'd never buy or wear anything yellow. It's offensive to me somehow, like bright orange.

Just found it:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5179595/

Enjoy!

(So I’m an imposter but I’m a female being so nevermind :lol: ).

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jul 2023, 8:44 pm

I actually like the color yellow. My kitchen is painted bright yellow and barnyard red with roosters all over. My least favorite color is orange. Especially neon(traffic cone) orange. I think it's because it reminds me of a jailhouse jumpsuit. I am not a criminal, even suspected so that color gives me the creeps and I cringe whenever I see it. I went to pick out a cake for my dad last weekend. When the girl who was assisting me asked which color cake I wanted, I told her any color frosting would be fine except for the orange one. I ended up getting a pretty teal decorated cake.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2023, 10:27 pm

I like yellow flowers like sunflowers.

Melzar5626
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jul 2023, 10:37 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
This thread makes me laugh because yellow has always been one of my two least favourite colours. The other one is blue. I like yellow more than blue though, but mostly only when it's combined with red and orange. The room I'm sitting in currently is red, orange, yellow, and brown, and it makes me very happy indeed. :D

I’m the exact OPPOSITE. I don’t like any warm colors, only cool colors. I hate brown, red, orange, yellow, I like blue, pink & green, tolerate purple. (Pink is probably warm though, but it’s got white so :wink: )

I only wear all black though.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2023, 10:13 pm

"Yellow" is a generic name that we apply to a very wide variety of colors that fit within what we think of as "yellow" and that can reasonably be described and agreed-upon as being yellow. There are beautiful yellows and hideous yellows. (And there are personal preferences.)

The same can be said of all the colors for which we have names. The name (yellow, red, blue, etc.) is used to apply to a broad range of colors that fit within that descriptor.

There are also colors that we would be hard-pressed to name because they don't exactly fit as blue, red etc. Sometimes we come up with in-between names like teal or magenta. But these too are generic approximations that apply to a range of colors.

I can't say whether I like or don't like "yellow." But if I am shown a specific yellow I can say whether or not I like it. (Keeping in mind that a color I don't think I like could still look good in combination with other colors, like in a painting, for instance.)

My bedroom has two walls painted white and two walls painted "yellow."

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2023, 2:13 pm

skibum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2023, 7:56 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
I personaly cannot stand the color yellow all by itself. Too much of it makes me get a headache and feel naucious. Espicaly if it is a darkish "goldenrod" color. I wonder if it's because it was one of the colors of my elementry school where I was so horribly bullied. But then the kid in The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime hated brown and yellow as well. Is hating certian colors, speficaly yellow, common to autistics?
I love yellow. I love all colors but I can certainly see how the association with that color would make you hate it. I don't think it's an Autism thing. I think for you it's a PTSD thing. So sorry you had to go through that. :heart:

Wreck It Ralph