Are you like a little kid sometimes in this way??

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2010, 7:06 pm

The opposite actually. People are really bothered by it.
Whenever I get a gift I'm always careful to say grateful words, but it's hard to fake enthusiasm.

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2010, 12:21 am

I remember one time at the community college a couple of years ago that I was in a biology lab and we were studying pond organisms undr a microscope. One of the students found a Volvox, and we were all taking turns looking at it. When it was my turn and I saw this cool little green-and-clear creature going around and around, I squealed, "OH COOL!! !!" and everyone in the lab paused and looked at me. I didn't care because that little Volvox was so awesome, and to this day I love them. :)

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 3:56 am

Only if it's something that interests me. I don't get excited about something just because it's new. But something that interests me, like a new Pokemon game, and I'm all hyper! I hope I'll never lose the feeling of excitement.

For instance I've never *not* been interested in volcanoes, but the recent eruption in Eyjafjallajøkull has increased my interest, and with my bd coming up, there now are some books about volcanoes on my wish list. 4 or 5 actually. + a DVD. And when I smelled the volcano some weeks ago, I went into ADHD mode!

Same for Pokemon games, some series, books, movies, music....

Maybe some would find it childish, but I'd hate to not feel the delicious feeling of excitement.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2010, 10:22 pm

I definitely do.

WalkingDoctor
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 May 2010, 11:20 pm

I definitely do! I get excited over different special interests!

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 8:04 pm

Ooohhh, yes! I'm practically jumping and down.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain