Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 11:48 am

It was a unreal learning experience ... and everything about it. Blood flow in what areas of the brain affect what? Left pre-frontal cortex medically found to be the culprit in treatment resistant depression .. am not gonna put links cause , am old school , just not that patient with computers.
The links are OuT there . Personal experience and knowledge base . If you can source Dr Brian Jennings of Santa Monica , Calif, work on brain mapping Believe me this applied to aspies , remarkable improvement ,, even tolerate NTs better. NOT TMS ! But rTMS .. must stick with it minimum 2 months weekly or bi weekly treatments . If you can access it . This was a cross of knowledge bases on my own . University of No. Carolina did a study on it , based on their research , i moved ahead on my own , and sorted practicioners of rtms , and amazing difference .. oh its been years now and not so resistant to depression . But it made the glass half full instead of half empty . Helps with empathy processing too , i feel.
rTMS=repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation . Search on PAP-IMI this stuff may not be available any longer in the USA . Just a open idea , search on NOOTROPICS.
( 1 +1 MAY STILL EQUAL2 )

" Imagination is more important than Knowledge" Albert Einstein
THIS smiley face inserted here may elude some of you , if not feel free to pm me. :twisted:

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 9:36 am

Jakki wrote:
It was a unreal learning experience ... and everything about it. Blood flow in what areas of the brain affect what? Left pre-frontal cortex medically found to be the culprit in treatment resistant depression .. am not gonna put links cause , am old school , just not that patient with computers.
The links are OuT there . Personal experience and knowledge base . If you can source Dr Brian Jennings of Santa Monica , Calif, work on brain mapping Believe me this applied to aspies , remarkable improvement ,, even tolerate NTs better. NOT TMS ! But rTMS .. must stick with it minimum 2 months weekly or bi weekly treatments . If you can access it . This was a cross of knowledge bases on my own . University of No. Carolina did a study on it , based on their research , i moved ahead on my own , and sorted practicioners of rtms , and amazing difference .. oh its been years now and not so resistant to depression . But it made the glass half full instead of half empty . Helps with empathy processing too , i feel.
rTMS=repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation . Search on PAP-IMI this stuff may not be available any longer in the USA . Just a open idea , search on NOOTROPICS. Okay here is this caveat , forgot to add. Important ,
No treatment with rTMS = if you have metal plate in your head !
If you wish these treatments , no caffiene , 1 week prior , none during .
Use your own judgement afterwards .
( 1 +1 MAY STILL EQUAL2 )

" Imagination is more important than Knowledge" Albert Einstein
THIS smiley face inserted here may elude some of you , if not feel free to pm me. :twisted:

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 2:54 pm

If it were offered for free as a part of a research study, I'd try it(I like trying new treatments), but I certainly wouldn't pay for it, at least not for autism.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 3:03 pm

I recently had rTMS for treatment resistant depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-harm. It seems to have worked wonders for that, for me. The depression is still there, but it isn't as bad, and I haven't had any suicidal or self-harm thoughts since having it done. I haven't noticed any effects on my autism symptoms, though.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 11:14 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I recently had rTMS for treatment resistant depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-harm. It seems to have worked wonders for that, for me. The depression is still there, but it isn't as bad, and I haven't had any suicidal or self-harm thoughts since having it done. I haven't noticed any effects on my autism symptoms, though.

Glad you did it, it is used to heal many things even broken bones , at a higher rate of speed . Had them set the machine up for treating migraines . Over same prefrontal cortex region . As for depression,would be used.
Length of duration of treatments is particularily important . Several months .
Admittedly was avoiding caffiene entire time . And results lasted a good long while for me. Yes eventually my depression returned too. But far superior than having to use the drugs they give you for similiar condition imho. And was using some limited nootropics at the time . Acetylcholine supplement. Also noted was energy level change , for myself .
Am thinking this technology needs to be further exploited . It did not change my autism , but my awareness of things became more clear , i felt at the time.
Little more concise in my thought processes .

Events after that in next many months , had become much more heinous,
In my personal life . And even then made it through part of it. But stress increased on a ongoing level , much worse than ever in my life before and depression returned . But still not suicidal , now . :D very glad you tried it

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2019, 11:35 pm

Noca wrote:
If it were offered for free as a part of a research study, I'd try it(I like trying new treatments), but I certainly wouldn't pay for it, at least not for autism.

Given variety of uses , and clarity effects , and stop / severe decline in my depression .. Quite honestly , would finance the purchase of my own pap-imi machine. But this is a silly older aspie writing .. or give me the manual to one for settings and a good parts list , and would do best to buy parts and assemble one.
( IF ONE CUP of coffee doesn-t quite get you going you might try 2 cups)

They would leave me alone with the devise , was there to treat back pain and supposed migraine and shoulder pain ..15 mins each session , it was a paid clinical trial . Discounted severely for each treatment. This clinic was not there to treat depression. Had gotten specifics from patient at Univ. Of No Carolina study. Then researched it on line . And using dr brian jennings brain mapping as comfirmation of area to treat. .
Lets say prolly should not of left me alone for 3, 15 min segments , After treating supposed migraine location, Just happen to be exact same location for treatment resistant depression. The time supposed to be used for my back pain and shoulder , ended up mainly on that same spot , as the migraine.
When operator had walked away and left me. It was a risk , but had been extremely depressed over big part of my life till then.
But this is all heresay, and , if you can find it , and it costs too much , plz do not jeopardize your finances

If in the event it becomes available drink lotsa fluids after treatment(water)