-poor comprehension with reading and understanding what people are saying
-visual illusions and occasional auditory hallucinations
-awareness of extra dimsions
-presistant static vision similar to a tv screen
-poor short term memory
-difficulty expressing what I am thinking and phrasing things properlly
-frequent de ja vu and other odd expierences
-difficulty relating to other people
-shifting levels of conciousness such as energy levels and different states of mind
-annoyance with other people
-savant ability with composing music

there are a few other things but thats all I can think of at this moment. this does not fit any known diagnosis. Most of this doesnt bother me either except the drowysness and cognative problems. Other than that I actually like some symptoms and benifit from some of them. Im just curious if there are other people who are similar.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

10 May 2010, 12:15 am

I actually had most of these things before. I've been diagnosed with lots of contradictory stuff. Some of this sounds like AS & some sounds like when I was suffering from a depression(possibly psychotic) along with AS years ago. I don't have all these things now but I was on meds for like 5years.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2010, 12:24 am

Ive had diagnoses before that people would say are contridictory but I dont think its impossible to have any cluster of symptoms or diagnoses. Theres really no such thing as contridictory really. I guess it wouldnt make sence however to have 2 things on the same spectrum though.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 1:04 am

carltcwc wrote:
-difficulty reading facial expressions

Apparently a bit.

carltcwc wrote:
-poor motor skills

A bit below average.

carltcwc wrote:
-excessive drowyzness

This would not be an ASD related issue unless it were from sleep disturbances or epilepsy.

carltcwc wrote:
-depersonalization/derealization

No, consider Schizotypal Personality Disorder.

carltcwc wrote:
-alexithymia and limited emotional range

No, consider Schizotypal Personality Disorder

carltcwc wrote:
-adolence onset hand tremors

No, see a neurologist.

carltcwc wrote:
-impulsivity

No.

carltcwc wrote:
-difficulty paying attention

If it's boring!

carltcwc wrote:
-poor comprehension with reading

No.

carltcwc wrote:
and understanding what people are saying

Sometimes. It depends on the situation.

carltcwc wrote:
-visual illusions and occasional auditory hallucinations

carltcwc wrote:
-awareness of extra dimsions

Knowledge of possible existence as someone in a scientific field, yes, perception of, no, consider Schizoptypal Personality Disorder.

carltcwc wrote:
-presistant static vision similar to a tv screen

No, consider migraine or epileptic aura or visual hallucination.

carltcwc wrote:
-poor short term memory

Depends.

carltcwc wrote:
-difficulty expressing what I am thinking and phrasing things properlly

Always.

carltcwc wrote:
-frequent de ja vu and other odd expierences

No, consider epilepsy.

carltcwc wrote:
-difficulty relating to other people

Depends.

carltcwc wrote:
-shifting levels of conciousness such as energy levels and different states of mind

carltcwc wrote:
-annoyance with other people

Sometimes.

carltcwc wrote:
-savant ability with composing music

I can't read music.

carltcwc wrote:
there are a few other things but thats all I can think of at this moment. this does not fit any known diagnosis. Most of this doesnt bother me either except the drowysness and cognative problems. Other than that I actually like some symptoms and benifit from some of them. Im just curious if there are other people who are similar.

For the drowsyness and tremors and static I would see a neurologist/
For the more unusual beliefs combined with the AS type traits I would suspect schizotypal personality disorder.

FireBird
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 1:30 am

I get a few of the ones that you mentioned but I have schizoaffective along with Autism. They are:
I'm always tired (but this might be related to the lack of energy associated with depression
Depersonalization/ derealization
Lately I have been having the alexithymia, but usually I am able to express and tell people what I am feeling, just not in the last 2 weeks
My comprehension and reading skills fluctuates hugely. It can be up to scientific medical level or I am almost like dyslexic and things look weird
I have both visual and auditory hallucinations even though the visual happen more often which is highly unusual in a psychotic disorder
My short term memory also fluctuates wildly, it can either be perfect or I barely know who I am
Sometimes I mess up in the phrasing of things and express what I think but not other times
While I have some friends, I do have a difficulty relating to people because most don't understand my point of view of the world
I have a savant ability but not with music, mine is with art
Those are the main ones that are related to your symptoms

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 2:52 am

-difficulty reading facial expressions: Yes. I know what basic facial expressions should mean in theory, but if you put them into a social situation then i miss most of it except for the really obvious and exaggerated.

-poor motor skills: Sort of. I have good enough balance, but i fumble with things, i'm not very athletic, and i tend to bump into things(that may be due to inattention, also have ADD).

-excessive drowyzness: Yes, i get tired often and like to take naps. I don't know why.

-depersonalization/derealization: Yes, often, especially when stressed. But sometimes it's not because of any kind of stress, and it seems almost zen-like, like i understand existance and how simple and logical everything in the world is. Hard to explain.

-alexithymia and limited emotional range: Somewhat. I have difficulty making sense of complex emotions and expressing my feelings. I think that is common with AS.

-adolence onset hand tremors: No. I'd see a doctor about that. I do have upper body twitches that randomly happen, usually starting in my back and neck area, though. Lately i've also had a sort of involuntary head-turning that happens.

-impulsivity: Yeah, i think so. Maybe an ADD thing.

-difficulty paying attention: Definitely. Unless it's something i find really interesting, my mind will wander or i'll end up finding something else to focus on.

-poor comprehension with reading and understanding what people are saying: I can comprehend the written word well usually, but i do have problems keeping my attention on it.. So, unless it's something very interesting to me, i end up having to reread in order to understand. With what people are saying i often have trouble. Firstly, because accents and background noise sometimes make it hard to make out their words. Secondly, because my mind might go off on a tangent while they are talking to me and i forget to listen. And thirdly, because i often end up not taking things the way the speaker meant them. Most of that is less difficult when it's someone i'm used to talking to, like a family member, though.

-visual illusions and occasional auditory hallucinations: No.

-awareness of extra dimsions: No.

-presistant static vision similar to a tv screen: Yes, it's everywhere. I thought that was normal?

-poor short term memory: Yes.

-difficulty expressing what I am thinking and phrasing things properlly: Yes. I have trouble getting my thoughts through to other people... People take things i say the wrong way all the time.

-frequent de ja vu and other odd expierences: Not frequent.

-difficulty relating to other people: Very much.

-shifting levels of conciousness such as energy levels and different states of mind: Not really, except for the depersonalization stuff. I kind of go into a different state of mind than normal when i'm having a meltdown though.

-annoyance with other people: Yeah. People are annoying alright.

-savant ability with composing music: No.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2010, 4:10 am

Ive already been diagnosed several times because everytime I go to a different doctor they want me to get a new evaluation. Ive had an EEG and there was no signs of epilepsy. Ive also had CT scans, a sleep study, a karyotype test, toxicty tests, and every kind of blood work imaginable. Karyotype, toxicity test and blood work have all been normal. CT scan showed a small subarachnoid cyst. Sleep study showed REM dysregulation. No signs of sleep apena. No health problems. Some symptoms may or may not be due to the subarachnoid cyst which I am going to go to a naturopathologist soon and get advice on some herbs I can take to make it go away. I heard from someone that this works and was sucessful and it can go away within a year. I guess Ill see what symptoms persist once its gone. The other symptoms not related to it seem to be genetic and I have family members with similar symptoms. It does seem like a hodgepodge of things. I was just wondering which symptoms are due to which diagnosis. Most of them are obvious but some Im not sure. This is my guess from seeing my evaluations and what I know about these things

-difficulty reading facial expressions -aspergers
-poor motor skills -aspergers
-excessive drowyzness -narcolepsy, possiblly due to subarachnoid cyst syndrome
-depersonalization/derealization -schizosomething
-alexithymia and limited emotional range -aspergers/schizosomething mix
-adolence onset hand tremors -catatonic features due to aspergers vs. subarachnoid cyst syndrome
-impulsivity -adhd
-difficulty paying attention -adhd
-poor comprehension with reading and understanding what people are saying -aspergers/dyslexia mix
-visual illusions and occasional auditory hallucinations -schizosomething
-awareness of extra dimsions -schizosomething
-presistant static vision similar to a tv screen -schizo vs arachnoid
-poor short term memory -schizo vs arachnoid
-difficulty expressing what I am thinking and phrasing things properlly -aspergers
-frequent de ja vu and other odd expierences -schizo
-difficulty relating to other people -aspergers/schizo mix
-shifting levels of conciousness such as energy levels and different states of mind -bipolar feature due to schizosomething?
-annoyance with other people -aspergers/something everybody probablly does
-savant ability with composing music -aspergers/schizo mix

I say schizosomething because Im not sure if im schizotypal, schizoaffective, or schizophrenia, or something else. Doctors never could agree which one.
I just went to the neurologist last week too. I think Im starting to confuse them. I thought of other things that arent on this list too like I have a mild tic with clearing my throat and coughing and I figit with my hands alot. Im not even going to list everything though. Too many little things that I already know what their due to.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2010, 8:51 am

You sound textbook schizotypical to me.

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2010, 10:31 am

I guess my answer probably won't help you much since I only share two of your features but I thought I'd be polite and answer anyway since I read the post.

I have mild alexithymia (I think). I often don't know what I'm feeling and even confuse extreme opposites of emotion like anxiety-happiness. I can only describe my feelings by being very verbose and analytical.

Difficulty paying attention : yes, when people are talking social nonsense or a lecturer spends to long explaining his points. I almost fall asleep actually. I also don't hear people talking to me if I'm involved in some activity I enjoy, but that's not really an attention problem I think, more a processing problem.

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2010, 11:15 am

LipstickKiller wrote:
I have mild alexithymia (I think). I often don't know what I'm feeling and even confuse extreme opposites of emotion like anxiety-happiness. I can only describe my feelings by being very verbose and analytical.

Holy crap! I had no idea there was a word for that! Thank you so much ahahahaha. Now I know what to call it... I have that as well, though my boyfriend definitely has it to a greater degree than I do. I'll tell him about it :P

Psychopompos
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2010, 12:16 pm

carltcwc wrote:
-difficulty reading facial expressions Yes
-poor motor skills Yes
-excessive drowyzness No
-depersonalization/derealization Very rarely
-alexithymia and limited emotional range Maybe
-adolence onset hand tremors Occasionally, limited
-impulsivity Yes
-difficulty paying attention Yes
-poor comprehension with reading and understanding what people are saying No for writings, a bit for oral speaking
-visual illusions and occasional auditory hallucinations Sometimes
-awareness of extra dimsions No
-presistant static vision similar to a tv screen No
-poor short term memory A bit
-difficulty expressing what I am thinking and phrasing things properlly Yes
-frequent de ja vu and other odd expierences Sometimes
-difficulty relating to other people Yes
-shifting levels of conciousness such as energy levels and different states of mind No
-annoyance with other people Sometimes
-savant ability with composing music Absolutely not !

Alum dare, dolere, id Hephaestus, id ire / Pro profundis fati / Pro pulchris infernarum profundis / Pro pulchris omni fati brachium / Pulchris profundis infernarum servi fati / Profundis, profundis fati

wendigopsychosis
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 May 2010, 12:29 pm

Posting again because I like this idea:

Psychopompos wrote:
-difficulty reading facial expressions Yes
-poor motor skills Yes, but I have good hand-eye coordination from vidya gaymz
-excessive drowyzness Yes
-depersonalization/derealization No
-alexithymia and limited emotional range No
-adolence onset hand tremors Yes, actually, now that I think about it
-impulsivity Yes
-difficulty paying attention Yes
-poor comprehension with reading and understanding what people are saying No
-visual illusions and occasional auditory hallucinations No
-awareness of extra dimsions No
-presistant static vision similar to a tv screen No
-poor short term memory No
-difficulty expressing what I am thinking and phrasing things properlly YES
-frequent de ja vu and other odd expierences No
-difficulty relating to other people Yes
-shifting levels of conciousness such as energy levels and different states of mind No
-annoyance with other people Yes
-savant ability with composing music The exact opposite

Mosaicofminds
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2010, 2:11 pm

I'm no expert on subarachnoid cysts but having something that presses down on your brain and can mimic the effects of brain damage (http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Neurology/ ... how/296570) is not a good thing. I would recommend seeing a neurologist. A naturopath probably wouldn't hurt, but I don't see how taking herbs would directly affect a cyst, either.

Some of these symptoms could come from a lot of different things--for instance, excessive drowsiness (depression, ADHD, lifestyle habits, a sleep disorder), problems paying attention (depression, ADHD, lack of interest or motivation, a sleep disorder, auditory or visual processing problems). Some have a huge situational component, like annoyance with other people or difficulty relating to other people. I mean, NTs can have that too due to personality clashes and/or poor choice of friends. And some of these, like the "shifting levels of consciousness" one or the "awareness of extra dimensions," seem vague to me and could mean a lot of things. Maybe you could tell us more about your symptoms so we can understand what you mean?