Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

magic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 2:44 am

Hey, I had a haircut today and requested a different hair style, and now I have it! This is the first time I have changed my hair style in the recorded history. Indeed, on my 1st grade class picture my hair was basically the same as 27 years later. I would have the hair cut short, and then it would regrow and the cycle would repeat. This time, when I was making an appointment with the barber lady, I explained her my plans and asked to schedule more time than usual. So she did and I am quite happy with the result. The change is not radical, in fact no one at work noticed that I had a haircut. So far so good... ;)

Bearsac-Debra
Toucan
Toucan

05 Apr 2006, 2:50 am

Cool, well let's see it then. Photo please!

Bearsac

It's just amazing how bears and people can be
www.bearsac.com

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2006, 3:44 am

Bearsac-Debra wrote:
Cool, well let's see it then. Photo please!

Bearsac

It's just amazing how bears and people can be
www.bearsac.com

yeah photo!

Silver_Shadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Apr 2006, 7:11 am

Before and After!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 7:55 am

Come on let's see.

magic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 11:16 am

All right! I don't have a digital camera, but here is my likeness showing my new haircut. ;)

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 11:50 am

liek zOMGBBQ!! !! !!1 u gots a new hair do?

wanna talk about Britney Spears and what she's wearinz?

Seriously, I tend to get the same hair cut all the time, too, since I just don't know how else to have it cut. I'm just making light above of shallow people's tendency to talk about nothing besides relationship drama, clothes, celebrities, and sports.

ARW_AS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2006, 1:25 pm

oooooooh, that picture is sexier than David Duchovny!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 2:52 pm

ARW_AS wrote:
oooooooh, that picture is sexier than David Duchovny!

Really it looks like a simple drawing. Nothing really great. Nice look though.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 6:08 am

NeantHumain wrote:
liek zOMGBBQ!! !! !!1 u gots a new hair do?

wanna talk about Britney Spears and what she's wearinz?

Seriously, I tend to get the same hair cut all the time, too, since I just don't know how else to have it cut. I'm just making light above of shallow people's tendency to talk about nothing besides relationship drama, clothes, celebrities, and sports.
Do you realize that by saying this, you are implicating the original poster as being shallow? Please consider explaining, if it was not your intention to say this; or even if it was. I think it is dangerous to make sweeping judgments about a person by looking at just one of their actions; it often results in an incorrect concept of who the person is.

I do think that NTs a preoccupation with looks and clothes is pretty shallow; but one post about a haircut does not, by itself, remotely indicate such a preoccupation.

As we all know, one of an Aspie's problems can be resistance to change. A change in haircut can be a positive event for someone who naturally loves predictability.

I suppose I may be biased; I did post here when I shaved my head, after all... though no one told me I was being shallow.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

magic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 11:16 am

Callista wrote:
Do you realize that by saying this, you are implicating the original poster as being shallow?

Callista, thanks for coming to my defense, but I was not offended at all. My post was intended to make others smile and thus the humorous reply made by NeantHumain was welcome and very much in line with the intended spirit of this thread.

Callista wrote:
I do think that NTs a preoccupation with looks and clothes is pretty shallow; but one post about a haircut does not, by itself, remotely indicate such a preoccupation.
As we all know, one of an Aspie's problems can be resistance to change. A change in haircut can be a positive event for someone who naturally loves predictability.

Indeed, I was bragging about making a change, not about my looks. I find it funny that it could be taken as a shallowness; such an interpretation did not occur to me when I was writing my post.