Allergies and stomach cramp relief, making life pretty sweet

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 8:10 am

Sparrowrose wrote:
Callista wrote:
There's a third study out now that shows gluten/casein-free does nothing for autistic children. One would guess autistic adults are similar.

Milk, wheat-free diet may not help autism: U.S. study

Now, if you are going to say, "I am wheat/milk sensitive and this diet helps me," then, that makes sense. But you cannot say "every autistic person should be on this diet" or even "this helps autistic people without allergy/intolerance", because it doesn't.

The study above removed people with celiac disease, lactose intolerance, or wheat/milk allergies from the experimental group.

Plus, it's only one study. There are peer-reviewed articles linking gluten and autism going back to the 1960s. Plenty enough weight to counter-balance one single study with a potentially flawed methodology.

they say they screened the kids for celiac disease, but a true conclusive screening for celiac disease is an intestinal biopsy. there is a blood test but it isn't very accurate. so they're saying they gave the kids in the experiment intestinal biopsies before they started? i don't believe it.

also four weeks wouldn't necessarily be enough time to heal the effects of celiac, if someone had it, and 24 hours wouldn't necessarily be enough time to notice the effect of throwing gluten back in the diet (for a celiac person). i have celiac. i don't know how gluten / casein would affect someone who was not, but i don't think this is a very scientific study.

the only way to know if the GF CF diet helps someone in particular would be to try it. eliminating those items from someone's diet would be likely to be a good thing, food intolerances and / or autism or no. they simply aren't digested easily. of course, it's a difficult diet so any excuse not to try it ...

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2010, 10:32 am

GF diet AGA
0 203
7 (1 wk) 195
30 (1 mo.) 171
61 (2 mo.) 144
91 (3 mo) 121
122 (4 mo) 101
183 (6 mo) 72
274 (9 mo) 44
365 (1 yr) 27
548 (18 mo) 11
730 (2 yr) 6

Can't get it in a table format for some reason, The first column of numbers is the days since being on a gluten free diet and the column in brackets is the same duration just in months. The numbers in the last column are the Anti gliadin levels.

This table was built on blood tests and not pen and papers like this stupid study that hits the news and every front page in the autism science world.
It's pretty obvious they don't want to prove that gluten is the cause of autism or similar disorders due to obvious negligence.
It would destroy the western world if gluten and dairy were perceived as dangerous.

Below 10 is normal. So to be 100% certain gluten is not affecting your brain you need to do the diet cold turkey for a little over 18 months. To trial it over a 4 week period and make a conclusion is sheer ignorance. It infuriates me as this study is extremely hurtful in the research on gluten.

Ok going to get into depth here.

If you have AGA in your blood that means opiates from the gluten are in you're bloodstream meaning it's attaching to the opiate receptors in your brain (frontal lobe) causing autistic symptoms. It also means you have leaky gut syndrome as the gluten has leaked through the gut and into your blood (otherwise the gut is sealed from the bloodstream).
Proven.

Leaky gut is caused by a yeast infection and/or a insufficient/complete lack of DPP-4 enzyme. Both these are caused by mercury poisoning along with mercury poisoning itself being another cause of leaky gut. Proven

Now this is where we can't be sure just like any other autistic study out there (as in there's just as much evidence backing it up if not more).

There are lots of studies regarding no link between autism and MMR vaccines, however they are incorrect. They assumed the Mercury poisoning was all the same.

I'll explain why they're wrong:

All the studies used urine and blood tests to make their conclusion, this would apply in typical Mercury poisoning but not the type of Mercury poisoning found in autistic individuals.

Glutathione is the chemical in our body that flushes toxic metals out of our body, studies have shown that autistics have a deficiency therefore cannot flush the metals out unlike the other mercury poisoning which is consuming a large amount in a short period of time. Whereas the autistic type is small amounts over a large period of time.
You don't need amalgam fillings or vietnamese prawns to get mercury poisoning if you lack this chemical. It builds up over years and years as it cannot flush out.

And because you're body can't flush it out, it can't be detected in urine or blood obviously (like these bogus tests assumed), the body ends up storing it in fat cells.
Candida eats Mercury which also shields it from the body. There's a theory going around that the yeast infection is an immune response to conceal the Mercury from harming the body, or the yeast grows anyway due to leaky gut and coincidentally helps (while doing a lot of harm too lol).

It all leads back to a genetic cause that makes us prone to all these things. Many believe it's the lack of glutathione caused by a mutation to the GSS gene.

A lot more science backing this theory up than anything else, it's all just not public knowledge. Research it yourself.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 2:02 pm

jametto wrote:
It would destroy the western world if gluten and dairy were perceived as dangerous.

yes, another point to keep in mind whenever reading "scientific studies" about nutrition is that in the US is it is impossible to extract medical "science" from "advertising."

and if you don't believe me, read The China Study.

jametto, thank you for all of that information.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 6:46 pm

katzefrau wrote:
yes, another point to keep in mind whenever reading "scientific studies" about nutrition is that in the US is it is impossible to extract medical "science" from "advertising."

and if you don't believe me, read The China Study.

Or "Food Politics" by Marion Nestle, which is a real eye-opener.

And the government is all tied up into it all.

When one goes to a fast food restaurant, they'll ask "do you want fries with that" or "do you want a drink with that." For a while, the line was "do you want cheese on that" and it turns out that it was part of a government program to get people to eat more cheese. The government was actually rewarding restaurants based on how much their cheese sales went up.

All the "RDAs" and "food pyramids" are the government's doing (sorry to those outside the U.S. for speaking so U.S.-centric, but that's what I'm familiar with.) and the government is very careful not to alienate their prime blocks, including the meat and dairy industries. That's why the government recommendations will at most say to "cut down on" something that's been shown to be carcinogenic or otherwise very harmfult o people. If they said "stop eating this" they'd have huge problems with major financial contributors.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

SG
Raven
Raven

24 May 2010, 12:39 am

I wouldn't automatically decide not to trust the people in charge of studies. I don't think they're doing it on purpose. I'd say they're most likely taking shortcuts to save money or something like that, when they shouldn't, because of pressure or other things.

Quote:
And because you're body can't flush it out, it can't be detected in urine or blood obviously (like these bogus tests assumed), the body ends up storing it in fat cells.

Thats very interesting. So a good/better way to flush it out (in the fastest time) might be to go on a fast? That explains why i feel better when i don't eat very much.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 1:19 am

SG wrote:

Quote:

Thats very interesting. So a good/better way to flush it out (in the fastest time) might be to go on a fast? That explains why i feel better when i don't eat very much.

Or I'd wager a juice feast (where you make fresh juice, mostly from green leaves, and drink at least a gallon of it a day and otherwise fast) would also be a good way to flush that out of the fat cells.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 2:30 am

SG wrote:
I wouldn't automatically decide not to trust the people in charge of studies. I don't think they're doing it on purpose. I'd say they're most likely taking shortcuts to save money or something like that, when they shouldn't, because of pressure or other things.

you may be right, of course, but here in the US doctors are very focused on medicating things and the medical establishment is scarily intertwined with the pharmaceutical industry.

recognition of and resources for celiac disease are miles ahead of us in Australia.

TXaspie
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2010, 7:50 am

SG wrote:
Yeah i normally steer clear of flavour, colours, and preservatives, but once in a while or once a week i say to hell with it and eat what i want... :)

Yeah as you said chocolate bars contain gluten, and they also contain milk because its a milk-chocolate formula.

I've been the full mile once or twice, its not great :( I need fancy food every so often. :)

It's not easy, I love chocolate too but there's actually gluten free/milk free chocolate.

Get dark chocolate, the only additive most of it has is "soy leichtin". And some good chocolate doesn't even have that.

Basically to be healthy avoid cheap chocolate. There's one I love:
http://www.enjoylifefoods.com/our_foods ... e_bar.html