Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

mustard123
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2010, 12:14 pm

Do you ever just feel like giving up on life, that theres no point trying anymore because everything you do ends in disaster and you just feel like you're going round in circles and achieving nothing? Life seems pointless and i am really fed up with it now, it feels like it would be easier to fall asleep and never wake up.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 12:32 pm

Yes I have. You should take a look at this post that just popped up recently:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt135786.html

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 12:44 pm

I used to feel that way, but I haven't felt that way, for years.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 12:51 pm

Yeah, but I got over it. Life is better if you try to do something with it. Give up for a bit, we all need a break. Or give up things that aren't working for you; try something else.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 12:52 pm

I have never ever felt that way. No, I'm just kidding. Ha. :roll:

But seriously, if the thought of dying really does comfort you then you could be in real danger of harming yourself and you NEED to get help IMMEDIATELY.

Personally, I don't really believe in heaven or an afterlife or whatever, so it's probably better to live a life that sucks sometimes or even most of the time than die and become nothing but worm food.

mustard123
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Aug 2010, 12:53 pm

Moog wrote:
Yeah, but I got over it. Life is better if you try to do something with it. Give up for a bit, we all need a break. Or give up things that aren't working for you; try something else.

i try lots of new things, everything goes wrong. nothings gone right since i was born, i had a terrible nightmare time at school and things have continued to be a nightmare ever since.

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 1:51 pm

Im the same, its hard to keep positive when it seems like everything you touch goes wrong. But dont give up, hang on in there, things could get better.

If your not on anti depressants go to your GP for some, youve been through so much lately, you may need help to get through it.

what helped me not kill myself was realising that its just a lack of patience, death is going to come for me at somepoint so its better to be patient and fill the mean time with things. I dont like the thought of being impatient so it helped me not commit suicide. Im often plaged with suicidal thoughts and I only cope by viewing it like a craving that I dont have to do- like an alcoholic wants a drink but ignores the feeling, I just try and ignore the feeling and not act on it.

Try to be kind to yourself you have suffered so much, treat yourself with compassion insted of lashing yourself.

*hugs* and thoughts of strength

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 2:04 pm

mustard123 wrote:
Moog wrote:

i try lots of new things, everything goes wrong. nothings gone right since i was born, i had a terrible nightmare time at school and things have continued to be a nightmare ever since.

Basically, it's more depressing and life destroying to give up. That's why people keep trying. It sucks to fail, but it sucks worse to just give up.

Now, you haven't tried everything have you? Unless you are a god or something. Maybe an alteration in how you view and operate your life could help. It seems you have an ingrained failure program, perhaps your belief in your identity as a failure prevents success.

Perhaps your attitude to failure needs adjusting. To most westerners, failure means bad bad bad. I think of failure as an experiment that did not produce the results I wanted; the method needs tweaking.

Try things that ordinarily you wouldn't. An expansion of awareness and experience can help get you to your correct path, or at least the quest will give your life meaning and value.

May you be happy.