Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

MotownDangerPants
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 6:57 am

I hear Deja Vu can be associated with mild epilepsy and other neurological disorders. Is it also common in those with AS? I've gone through phases of having INTENSE Deja Vu several times a day all my life.

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 7:14 am

I've encountered all sorts of weird effects including Deja Vu but the strangest was the night that Princess Diana died. I knew nothing of the events until I woke up the next morning and thought 'there's something wrong, I'll just turn on the TV and find out what it is'.

Vanilla_Slice

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 7:27 am

Deja Vu is a common glitch in our perception of temporal order. It is as common as breathing. It has always been part of the human condition.

ruveyn

spacecadetdave
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2010, 7:35 am

Isn't there already a thread about this?

spacecadetdave
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2010, 7:35 am

spacecadetdave wrote:
Isn't there already a thread about this?

Sorry. Couldn't resist it.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 9:15 am

Deja Vu is interesting. Especially when you read the scientific explanations. I read one that reckons that current input gets stored in long term memory instead of short term memory and that is why we think we have seen or done something before but we can't quite remember when.

If AS people's brains have problems with real time interactions with people and have to process the information differently perhaps this would mean AS people have more Deja Vu. It could be that input gets sent straight to long term memory bypassing short term memory. I wonder if all our brains do this.

Does anyone also find that certain interactions are predictable? Or do you find that you somehow sense, or know, how the next few months or weeks are going to pan out?

LancetChick
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2010, 9:44 am

It's called synchronicity, and apparently people with ADHD are especially sensitive to it, but I didn't know that autistic people were as well. I just know that I am not. Anyway, there's a whole school of thought on this going well back in history, and involving some very well known people, like Carl Jung, but it's too much info to post here, so I'll let you look it up if you're interested.

"One of Jung's favourite quotes on synchronicity was from Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll, in which the White Queen says to Alice: "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"."

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Jun 2010, 9:54 am

Deja vu is a glitch in the matrix

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Jun 2010, 10:59 am

LancetChick wrote:
It's called synchronicity, and apparently people with ADHD are especially sensitive to it, but I didn't know that autistic people were as well. I just know that I am not. Anyway, there's a whole school of thought on this going well back in history, and involving some very well known people, like Carl Jung, but it's too much info to post here, so I'll let you look it up if you're interested.

"One of Jung's favourite quotes on synchronicity was from Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll, in which the White Queen says to Alice: "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"."

Carl Jung defined synchronicity as "meaningful coincidence." I don't think it's the same as deja vu, which is a feeling of having done this before.

LancetChick
Raven
Raven

06 Jun 2010, 11:12 am

No, I agree, they aren't the same, but deja vu falls under the category of synchronicity, I think.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

06 Jun 2010, 5:52 pm

i get a really bad episode of deja vu about oh once every 6 months or so. i think its just someone letting you know that you've already been here before and its ok about whatever you did

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 6:30 pm

alex wrote:
Deja vu is a glitch in the matrix

:lol: