Listen to music 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
Light exercise 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other, (explain below) 30%  30%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 27

FluttercordAspie93
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 3:12 pm

I've always suffered from insomnia occasionally, even when I was on my meds to help me sleep better. In most instances, (when it comes to me and the stuff I like), I find myself writing a lot of the time.

Personally, what do you find yourself doing whenever you can't fall asleep?

"The important thing is not how long you live, it's what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist." --- Grovyle, (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky).
---
"Whether it's in our own or another world... It's always darkest before the dawn." --- Dusknoir, (Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon).
---
“That for one day I could be one of those happy, vapid girls who gets along with everyone, and is all excited to eat massive amounts of sugar, and do karaoke, and cheerleading and ponytails. I just don’t think it’s in my DNA.” --- Gwen, (Total Drama Island, Episode 21: Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon).
---
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 112 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 97 of 200
You seem to have both neurodiverse and neurotypical traits

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 4:11 pm

I either listen to music or watch something on Netflix

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 4:58 pm

Outside regular sleep hygiene practices, if I can't sleep I just drug myself to sleep. I have a huge collection of many kinds of sedating meds to take.

Your neurodiverse score: 150 of 200
Your neurotypical score: 51 of 200

officially diagnosed with Asperger's as of 09/11/15

Reassessed 04/11/16
DSM-V: ASD level 2 with Social Communication Severity: level 2, Restrictive Repetitve Behaviour: level 2

ADOS-2 classification: Autism

hawkeye10
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Sep 2016, 6:36 pm

When I know I have to go to work the next day I'll always take a sleeping pill. But even then I still have trouble often getting to sleep, mostly when I worked a few days in a row. I don't do anything to distract myself. I know I need all the sleep I can get, and spending time on distractions makes me feel I'm just wasting more time.

When I'm free however it's not much of a problem, in those cases I'll watch some youtube or read things. I know I don't have to wake up early, so it's alright.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2016, 6:54 pm

I have this trick in which I fool my mind into thinking that I'm rolling around in bed when I'm actually not. It calms me down, and I also focus on my breathing, in and out, in and out.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 1:07 pm

I get out of bed so that I don't form an association with being in bed and not being able to sleep while wanting or needing to.

I get up and read, or watch TV or a movie on my DVR, or play a video game until I'm sleepy. Sometimes just playing my favorite Kindle games send me to sleep -- don't know what that says about my games, lol.

If you have a problem with something I post, something I believe, something I do or say, something in my sig, or something I am stupid enough to share that I'm struggling with and being caused pain by -- TELL ME TO MY FACE so that I can defend myself, instead of see you make a mockery of or a dig about it later.

On the other hand, friends will never need an explanation, and enemies bent on disliking me will never accept one.

ASD Level 1, PTSD. Plus anxiety with panic attacks, mild sub-clinical situational depression -- and a massive case of sheer freakin' BURNOUT.

~ ~ ~

Kiriae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm

If I don't have time to waste because I have to wake up in the morning: I will listen to "music" or rather some pink noise, such as https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... aturesound , close my curtains so room gets pitch black and if it still doesn't help I will change bed mattress (my bed isn't too comfortable so I keep the mattress from my old bed which isn't the right size for the current bed but is more comfortable so I can change them if the new mattress bothers me). I might also open the window for a few minutes so some fresh air gets in - but I have to close it soon because else the morning noise(starting at 4-5AM) will bother me.

If I can just screw it I will watch some anime or read manga on my tablet till feel tired enough (my tablet has red filter on https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ndroid.lux so the blue light isn't an issue). I do it everyday before sleep anyway(and fall asleep pretty fast, sometimes within mere 5 minutes) so if I can't fall asleep I just do my evening anime/manga routine for longer.

Crusher
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Sep 2016, 5:58 pm

Listen to audiobooks! Sci-fi usually. It's like someone reading you a bedtime story.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 7:40 pm

Post on WP :P

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 8:02 pm

do one of three things Raned from Most Likely to Least Likely
A. Go about my day as normal with slight modifications
B. Lucid Dreaming
C. Sit there and do nothing.

Ψ-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ Pieplup's Art. My YouTube Channel. You can call me pieplup or pie. If you can't see my bright blue text you can highlight it.
Special Interests: Pokémon, and Autism.
Professionally Diagnosed: with PDD-NOS, A.D.H.D., Dysgraphia, and Social Phobia.
Note: i'm not as active anymore feel free to pm me if you want to talk to me. I come on here from time to time with a spurt of activity mainly due to social isolation.

Ψ-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Ψ

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 1:39 pm

I work on my arts and crafts when I can't sleep. He he, I said work.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Bustduster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Sep 2016, 7:55 pm

Like Ezra S, I post on here (or elsewhere), like i'm doing now.

Either that or read something really boring that lulls my mind to the point where I can switch off enough to sleep.

Last edited by Bustduster on 19 Sep 2016, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:59 pm

I usually just lie in my bed. Sometimes I get up and read.

Screenager
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Sep 2016, 2:44 pm

Since I've been suffering from insomnia on and off for years, I often have a hunch if I'll have trouble falling asleep that night. If I think I will, I'll take a melatonin pill. Melatonin is a natural occuring neurotransmitter in the brain, so taking the pill has no side effects whatsoever. It just makes you a bit more drowsy and sleepy. Works almost everytime.

tanq

20 Sep 2016, 2:55 pm

I have a "mindful body scan" CD that is designed to put me in a mindful, relaxed mindset. I'm supposed to stay awake while I focus on every part of my body starting at the toes. However, it never fails to put me to sleep so I listen to this when i have insomnia.