Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2006, 8:07 pm

I finally plucked up the courage to do some of those online IQ tests just to see if there is anything out of the ordinary. The results were not too bad although not all that much to brag about
Dear pauls results ,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 122

That seemed a little too generous at first so I had another test I rushed through with [email protected] and that came up with a score of 106 and finally http://web.tickle.com came up with a score of 115.
Congratulations, Paul!
Your IQ score is 115

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I dare not push my luck with a social IQ test if there is one because I am sure I would perform anywthere near as well. That I am sure I would sure very poorly. But I do not know of any test that tests ones social IQ satisfactorily.

Paul

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 8:39 am

paulsinnerchild wrote:
I finally plucked up the courage to do some of those online IQ tests just to see if there is anything out of the ordinary. The results were not too bad although not all that much to brag about
Dear pauls results ,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.Your general IQ score is: 122
That seemed a little too generous at first so I had another test I rushed through with [email protected] and that came up with a score of 106 and finally http://web.tickle.com came up with a score of 115.
Congratulations, Paul! Your IQ score is 115 This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.
Your Intellectual Type is Precision Processor. This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

I dare not push my luck with a social IQ test if there is one because I am sure I would perform anywthere near as well. That I am sure I would sure very poorly. But I do not know of any test that tests ones social IQ satisfactorily.

Paul

Paul - You might take these "tests" with a grain of salt, as it were. There are theories out there that put forth that there are several different types of intelligence, few of which can be measured via an online "IQ" test. I do think the whole notion of "IQ" is an offshoot of that movement in the early part of the last century to try to move everything forward with "science" - quantify, logically explain, pigeonhole, standardize. Mechanize. I'm not convinced anything to do with it is valid as anything other than a way to conveniently classify people into managable data

I really don't believe the online (or offline, either) tests really measure much more than one's ability to take those kind of tests. Why? When I was 20, and had been taking standardized tests for years, I walked into a class ... in a let us call it a timothy leary-ish enhanced state, having had the added benefit of having downed a few good beers ... ten minutes late. They'd decided to give us all the standard IQ test of the time. Paper booklet, and pencil. Since I'd ditched the class the last time it met, I didn't know it was "essential" that I be there on time to hear all the instructions. So I just sat down, once I could focus on my chair, and took the damned test cold.

141. The teacher, who used to look at me like I was from an alien planet anyhow, just kind of stared at me for a half-hour when the results came back in, and then used to walk on the other side of the hallway when she'd see me outside of class after that. (It was a speed-reading class, and I used to put the machine they had us use on the fastest setting and have it display entire rows of text at the same time, and just plowed through the work more ...quickly... than they expected. Used to freak her bigtime, since I also maxed out the comprehension tests on the material afterwards. It's all just a parlor trick. But they didn't understand that.)

My social IQ at the time had to have been like 14. Hopefully it's improved, if by nothing more than trial and error. Maybe, if I'm having a good day, it might have cracked 50 by now. If there was a way to quantify something that's not quantifiable.

Don't believe everything they try to sell you, Paul. :wink:

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 8:25 pm

Yes I do take them with a grain of salt as they seem to tell you little more than yourself other than your skills with mental arithmetic, logic and doing simple puzzles. Creative writing and social intelligence is an ingored factor in all of those tests.

For me personally they have improved with age.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2006, 7:09 am

IQTest.com = 116
School test = 126
phcologists test = 124

avdverage = 122

hmm, my foster grandad said it seems alot higher than that. How come when speaking (well, sort of speaking) to people they seem to assume i am very intelegent but i always get mediocer test score. Is this a common aspie trait?

jammie

Aesthete
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2006, 8:26 am

"Dear Aesthete,

Thank you for your interest in the test at IQTest.com.

Your general IQ score is: 139"

IQ tests humor me, especially internet ones. I just really take them for the fun of answering a few riddles and such. If IQ is an assessment of cognition relative to the general population you'd need a more comprehensive examination for any real accuracy. Even then it can be a mere assessment of your ability to take tests, and not necessarily the capacity of your cognition.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2006, 8:45 am

jammie wrote:
IQTest.com = 116
School test = 126
phcologists test = 124

avdverage = 122

hmm, my foster grandad said it seems alot higher than that. How come when speaking (well, sort of speaking) to people they seem to assume i am very intelegent but i always get mediocer test score. Is this a common aspie trait?

jammie

Probably because people are judging the person on grammar as it's easily recogniseable,and good grammar is often seen as a sign of high intelligence.
I have never had higher than 76 points on IQ tests,have always struggled with basics in all academics except English and I have been told i'm intelligent as soon as people hear my vocabulary.

According to the dictionary-Intelligence is being able to gain knowledge and learn from it.
So IQ tests are not accurate,for example-out of those classed as mentally retarded-many have skills in certain areas,some gifted.
IQ tests are not testing for practical knowledge,being able to to match shape sequences together is hardly going to help with eg,being able to add up whilst buying somethings from a shop.

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2006, 8:13 pm

Did they ever consider the implications of reading vision. Some people may have poorer reading vision than average and that would in not doubt inhibit their ability to read the test papers. It may not be all the noticeable to them but they may just have a few issues of confusing grammar and misinterpret the questions. Their scores would be improved just by simply prescribing eye glasses.

I also gave this website a shot. I was really sure I had done well at that test until they requested $6.00 for the internet transaction to get the results. I spoke out to myself and said "go on, I am not stupid, just autistic"