Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

CocoRock
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jun 2010, 7:20 am

Hi. I was wondering what some people might think about the 'Hoffmann Foundation'. The Hoffmann Foundation is a London based, ASD focussed organisation, that provides services and assessment. I suspect some here will have heard of it, or have experience of it, and maybe those people could discuss it a little here?

I discovered it recently when researching the idea of paying privately for AS assessment, after fruitless and prolonged attempts with the NHS system. However, it is a big spend and not a decision to make flippantly. I wondered what other people's opinions of them are and what people could tell me about them.

For example, has anyone received assessment there? What sort of a reputation do they have? Do you think it's a quality place to seek assessment or services with? Or are there problems?

I'm really just curious, since I'm probably going to be assessed with them and hadn't heard of them before. So far, they seem quality. They've always replied to emails promptly and given all the info I've asked for.

Euclid
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2010, 8:13 am

I know nothing about the Hoffman foundation, but being that the cost of any treatment is going to be high, I wonder if it might still be possible to enforce you right to treatment by the NHS (the Government)?

Elsewhere here on WP I've discussed this with others (e.g. WoodenBoy). I think I maybe able to offer you some help in this respect, perhaps send me a PM if you'd like to know more.