Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 9:47 pm

Another thing I do I was just told about I had no clue...

I apparently laugh at strange things all the time. I can't think of a good example because I don't know what is "wrong" I am laughing at, but she says I find things funny that are not funny at all, all the time.

Also, I laugh at random thoughts that come in my head, people see this as strange too, but I don't know why :?:

Aspie trait I should get checked out?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

AlienusRex
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

26 Jun 2010, 10:06 pm

I laugh when I'm nervous and at other inappropriate times. I unintentionally slighted a friend at camp once and he tackled me. I burst out laughing in terror. This freaked out my pal. But, impressed the girls for some reason.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2010, 10:13 pm

I laugh at random thoughts that come into my head too. Usually they're personal inside jokes that only I would find amusing, such as funny things that my imaginary friends say or do.

When I was a kid, one of my favorite movies was How The Grinch Stole Christmas starring Jim Carrey. For some inexplicable reason, I always laughed hysterically during the flashback scene where the Grinch was made fun of in school during the Christmas party, went berserk and trashed the classroom. This was supposed to be one of the most dramatic scenes in the film, at least judging by the reactions of the NTs whom I watched it with. I guess I was supposed to feel sorry for the Grinch for being ridiculed and getting his feelings hurt, especially since I had been the target of bullying myself. But that didn't register with me. and I always laughed about it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 12:25 am

Angnix wrote:
Another thing I do I was just told about I had no clue...

I apparently laugh at strange things all the time. I can't think of a good example because I don't know what is "wrong" I am laughing at, but she says I find things funny that are not funny at all, all the time.

Also, I laugh at random thoughts that come in my head, people see this as strange too, but I don't know why :?:

Aspie trait I should get checked out?

I do this. Most of the time it's just because I'm thinking of something funny.

For example, when I was in the department store the other day, an alarm went off and then a pre-recorded voice came over the intercom asking "To the valued customer who has set off the alarm in our store. We request that you please return to the checkout counter, as we likely forgot to remove the security device from your purchase for you."

A pre-emptive lawsuit mitigation!
"WE likely forgot to remove the security device from your PURCHASES for you."

Quite funny!

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 12:27 am

I do that too.

I always have a million things that I'm thinking about at once...and I usually want at least one good thought going on in my mind.

One time I started laughing out of nowhere in Jr. High School...thinking about a 3 Stooges short; I kid you not.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 12:30 am

I was once day-dreaming whilst in concert orchestra. Someone was playing a cello out-of-tune as a solo, but I had no idea. I laughed at a funny thought in my head, and her friend turned to me and said "Shut up, you wouldn't want people to laugh at you." in a really offended tone. I felt bad.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 12:32 am

When I went to the hospital for congestive heart failure the doctor told me i could die or be put on a breathing machine for a few days I started laughing loudly. Then went back to watching the discovery channel on the tv in my icu room.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 12:33 am

Ferdinand wrote:
I was once day-dreaming whilst in concert orchestra. Someone was playing a cello out-of-tune as a solo, but I had no idea. I laughed at a funny thought in my head, and her friend turned to me and said "Shut up, you wouldn't want people to laugh at you." in a really offended tone. I felt bad.

I wouldn't feel bad then; I'd probably more likely think "what the hell was that all about?"

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 12:41 am

Todesking wrote:
When I went to the hospital for congestive heart failure the doctor told me i could die or be put on a breathing machine for a few days I started laughing loudly. Then went back to watching the discovery channel on the tv in my icu room.

Well at least he gave you a choice!

Eibhilin
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2010, 1:00 am

When I was getting beaten up in middle school by two other girls, in the middle of a crowded covered area at lunchtime... I didn't know how to react. I thought for a split second "that doesn't really hurt", and just started cackling maniacally. The girls looked startled, and ran away. The kids there all kinda stared at me like I was a freak... O_o;

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 1:16 am

Eibhilin wrote:
When I was getting beaten up in middle school by two other girls, in the middle of a crowded covered area at lunchtime... I didn't know how to react. I thought for a split second "that doesn't really hurt", and just started cackling maniacally. The girls looked startled, and ran away. The kids there all kinda stared at me like I was a freak... O_o;

Same sort of deal here. I get angry enough and I can take a direct kick to the groin and laugh about it. I haven't been in a decent fight since middle school but even then I was nearly unstoppable as it would take at least two guys bigger than me that I had no intention of hurting to stop me in my tracks and a third to actually have some chance of moving me.

I do laugh at horror movies and stuff though. One time me and my girlfriend were watching the news and some lady got mauled by a chimpanzee and I'm laughing uncontrollably because of her screams and the chimp's wailing.

Eibhilin
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jun 2010, 2:05 am

Pistonhead wrote:
I do laugh at horror movies and stuff though. One time me and my girlfriend were watching the news and some lady got mauled by a chimpanzee and I'm laughing uncontrollably because of her screams and the chimp's wailing.

I laugh at inappropriate times during horror/action/sci-fi flicks. Only once have I been at a theater and had someone laugh at the same points I did. I... didn't laugh when other people did though. X_X I felt kinda twisted for it.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:10 am

District 9 was hilarious when the gross stuff happened. I was cracking up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:22 am

I remember one time, when I just got my first laptop, I'd read stupid news stories, when I wasn't on WP, and I read a story, about two teenage boys, who drank blood out of a woman's knees, and thought that they were vampires. I couldn't stop laughing, for days. :lol:

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:29 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I remember one time, when I just got my first laptop, I'd read stupid news stories, when I wasn't on WP, and I read a story, about two teenage boys, who drank blood out of a woman's knees, and thought that they were vampires. I couldn't stop laughing, for days. :lol:

Reading this made me laugh. Though I have to say this is all too common sounding. I had 2 girlfriends who claimed to be real vampires and a third who didn't try to associate with that terminology but would lick an open wound or what not.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2010, 2:45 am

I knew a girl who said she was a vampire who fed off of energies. :roll: