Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 9:33 pm

jc6chan wrote:
Mark198423 wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
persian85033 wrote:

I get grossed out because I'm terrified of flies, especially when I see one dead.

Wow. That's pretty mean.

Sorry about that. I try to be funny sometimes, but I guess it was too harsh.

It's actually no problem for me at all, I could look at it all day. I just think it's mean to post a pic of what someone has just posted as a phobia!

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:24 am

I rarely wash my hands and I hate showering and bathing so I do that every other day. I don't feel the need to keep so clean. When I was a little kid I used to pull out worms from the soil and eat them, not to mention getting completely mucky every day.

SeaMonkey
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2010, 8:06 am

Is for me. I hate the sticky feeling though. Sticky hands and dry hands I hate but dirty doesn't bother me at all. Filthy clothes I dont mind either. I think its a matter of seeing things differently to people who are repulsed by this kinda thing. Dead bodies and maggots don't bother me at all but centipedes freak me out. The idea of a centipede crawing into an open wound or into my ear is making me cringe right now.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:42 am

I don't like it if my hands are sticky or if my body feels grubby. I don't go overboard with keeping myself sanitised - I think there's more of a health risk from the antibacterial agents than from the filth - but I keep myself pretty clean as a rule. I'm happier with people who are similarly relaxed about personal hygeine........don't like being with smelly people or with people who get annoyed by the slightest little bit of muck.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 10:45 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
I don't like it if my hands are sticky or if my body feels grubby. I don't go overboard with keeping myself sanitised - I think there's more of a health risk from the antibacterial agents than from the filth - but I keep myself pretty clean as a rule. I'm happier with people who are similarly relaxed about personal hygeine........don't like being with smelly people or with people who get annoyed by the slightest little bit of muck.

Have you got a source and/or more info for that? I'd love to shove that fact in my mum's face :P

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 11:07 am

Asp-Z wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

Have you got a source and/or more info for that? I'd love to shove that fact in my mum's face :P

http://www.motheratwork.co.uk/Health/De ... rticle=105
http://www.allergyfighters.biz/pdf/Heal ... utants.pdf
http://life.gaiam.com/gaiam/p/Whats-So- ... ducts.html

The evidence is mixed but I tend to think that any substance that hasn't been around humans for at least a few decades, should be treated with caution, because there's no way they can know it's safe until the first wave of human guinea-pigs have demonstrated that. But you also need to be concerned about filth. You can get some very nasty organic diseases.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 11:51 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
ToughDiamond wrote:

http://www.motheratwork.co.uk/Health/De ... rticle=105
http://www.allergyfighters.biz/pdf/Heal ... utants.pdf
http://life.gaiam.com/gaiam/p/Whats-So- ... ducts.html

The evidence is mixed but I tend to think that any substance that hasn't been around humans for at least a few decades, should be treated with caution, because there's no way they can know it's safe until the first wave of human guinea-pigs have demonstrated that. But you also need to be concerned about filth. You can get some very nasty organic diseases.

Thanks!

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:06 pm

When I was in the military there were many, many times I had to go for weeks without proper bathing. I remember not having anything but water for so long, that when we finally got a chance at some cool-aid and it had ants in it, we all just scooped the swimming ants out with our dirty fingers and drank it anyways. That kind of stuff never bothers me.

I rarely worry about what I touch. I do kill bugs with my hands, but wash them soon after. I know to wash my hands before cooking, eating, and after using the restroom. I also wash them after shaking a lot of hands, becasue I don't know where they have been.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:44 pm

jc6chan wrote:
persian85033 wrote:

I get grossed out because I'm terrified of flies, especially when I see one dead.

Oh, yuck. *shudders* Honestly, now I'm actually trembling.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 1:11 pm

When I'm touching the dirty thing I'm not at all bothered. But I always wash afterward because I feel uncomfortable after the "dirty" substance has lingered for a while.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 2:47 pm

Darkword wrote:
When I'm touching the dirty thing I'm not at all bothered. But I always wash afterward because I feel uncomfortable after the "dirty" substance has lingered for a while.

Depends on whether or not you can see the dirty thing. If not, I just forget about it.