Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2010, 9:35 pm

Anyone else do this for fun? I've taken apart all of my systems except my Wii, because I didn't want to void the warranty. But I think it's up now so I can do that soon. But anyway, it started when I bought a new 72 pin connector for my NES to replace the old connector, and I decided to buy the tools to open all of my other systems as well. I'm also going to open up my old computer again soon before I sell it.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 10:54 pm

I've taken apart my NES and put it back together. I have opened my N64. I have never opened anything else.

edcop100
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2010, 10:59 pm

ps2

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Jun 2010, 11:00 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I've taken apart my NES and put it back together. I have opened my N64. I have never opened anything else.
If you have a GameCube you should try opening it. It has a laser inside since it uses discs instead of cartridges. Awesomeness.

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 11:30 pm

I usually like mechanical parts more, because I can easily figure out what they do.

But they do not have me

Wuffles
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jun 2010, 4:38 am

My brother does this. I literally had to hide anything that I didn't want deconstructed when we were kids. He had drawers full of mechanical detritus. He's super-NT too.

kwilky
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2010, 5:06 am

I've done that with my ps2 so I could fix the laser. I also opened a mouse up earlier this week and tried to fix it. I only open up broken things though because If it's not broken then I don't want to accidentally break it. I don't have enough money to replace things.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 1:14 pm

I've opened up my NES, Genesis, Playstation, and XBox to mod them...opened up my Dreamcast, Atari 2600, and NDS to fix them...opened up my SNES, N64, and GameCube to clean them. I couldn't believe how much filth had built up inside the SNES and N64...the eject button on the former and the heat vents on the latter are like veritable dirt traps :x

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jun 2010, 7:24 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I've opened up my NES, Genesis, Playstation, and XBox to mod them...opened up my Dreamcast, Atari 2600, and NDS to fix them...opened up my SNES, N64, and GameCube to clean them. I couldn't believe how much filth had built up inside the SNES and N64...the eject button on the former and the heat vents on the latter are like veritable dirt traps :x
Yeah, all of my systems had dust and dirt built up in them too. I enjoyed cleaning them though, so it was all good. I wonder how much dust my Wii has already?