Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:10 pm

This could maybe be linked with the 'Dirty Feeling' post, but I've noticed that very few NT's wash their hands after peeing. If they go for a crap then I think they do but for some reason, many seem to think peeing doesn't require it.

I feel compelled to wash regardless of which I've done and get a little distressed if it's not possible. Does anyone else get this or is this one just me?

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:17 pm

to quote George Carlin, famous comedian:

"You know when i wash my hands? When I Sh-t on them! which is at most two, three times a week, maybe a little more around the holidays"

no, i dont bother, if my ...unit.. is that dirty, i dont think my hands should be my primary concern.

Steffy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jul 2010, 5:24 pm

I wash my hands most of the time, but also use a lot of hand sanitizer. I am sorta obsessed with hand sanitizer. i have 4 different types on my desk right now. I also have several more around my room. and one i bring to work. ok, maybe i am more that slightly obsessed :oops:

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:25 pm

Surely you've experieced a splash?!?! I consider the toilet dirty and wash after touching, even if I don't use it!

Steffy

01 Jul 2010, 5:34 pm

my brother's ex-gf (an NT) was a big germaphobe. she would wash her hands, and then try to open the door without touching it. it was actually quite amusing.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:47 pm

Steffy wrote:
my brother's ex-gf (an NT) was a big germaphobe. she would wash her hands, and then try to open the door without touching it. it was actually quite amusing.

i do that in public toilets

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:50 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Steffy wrote:

I do it too. You're just putting all the germs back on.

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 5:56 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
OneStepBeyond wrote:
Steffy wrote:

I do it too. You're just putting all the germs back on.

Me too, it really bugs me that doors are generally push to open and pull to exit - I find myself trying to open with odd prts of the door handle that others are less likely to have touched.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

I guess I just don't really see the point unless I actually got something on my hands...

EDIT: Although my girlfriend is getting me into the habit. She's diagnosed OCD so she has to do this, and will freak if I don't. There's no harm done in washing your hands, I just never saw the point unless they were visibly dirty.

Last edited by jdcnosse on 01 Jul 2010, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:01 pm

Mark198423 wrote:
This could maybe be linked with the 'Dirty Feeling' post, but I've noticed that very few NT's wash their hands after peeing.

EWWWWWW!! !! ! That's way worse than not bathing! I wash my hands compulsively cause I have OCD. It's the thought that there might be germs on your hands and if you get something sticky on your hands that really bothers me too.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:11 pm

I usually wash my hands especially if I pee on them, which is rare.

One wonders how this might relate to a "dirty feeling", or lack of it, "down there"...?
Hehe

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:19 pm

I always wash my hands, regardless of whatever it is I've done in the restroom. I feel annoyed at people who don't wash their hands every single time, and I get mild panic attacks if I think I've forgotten.

mcg
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:52 pm

OneStepBeyond wrote:
Steffy wrote:

I always operate levers in public restrooms (door levers, paper towel dispenser levers, etc) from the point of LEAST mechanical advantage. Presumably, the only other people who would do that are clean freaks like myself.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:58 pm

I wash my hands, 15 times a day.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:01 pm

I wash my hands compulsively (ocd). I never, ever forget to wash them. I can't. :(

Mark198423
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:10 pm

Angel_ryan wrote:
Mark198423 wrote:
This could maybe be linked with the 'Dirty Feeling' post, but I've noticed that very few NT's wash their hands after peeing.

EWWWWWW!! !! ! That's way worse than not bathing! I wash my hands compulsively cause I have OCD. It's the thought that there might be germs on your hands and if you get something sticky on your hands that really bothers me too.

You'd freak out in many (male) public toilets as they all seem to leave without washing a thing!