yes 89%  89%  [ 529 ]
no 11%  11%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 594

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 8:16 pm

just-me wrote:
Don't comment on the rules listed please. This will help the thread stay uncluttered and make it easier for people to access the social rules listed below.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 9:31 pm

[I know I have a problem with this.]
13. When someone is chastising you, do not smile or laugh while they are doing so, even if they look funny.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:00 pm

:lol:

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 10:46 pm

Haha! I like this thread. I've broken every single one of these rules.

Here's another:

14. When your teacher spells something incorrectly on the blackboard don't call her out on it.

hans66
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2010, 11:08 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
12. During a movie, you should keep your comments to yourself, and wait until after the film to share your thoughts.

I often do this when I watch a movie at home, on my own TV set. In a cinema I don't do that. I do this, because most of the movies are not in Dutch (my native tongue), so they are subtitled in Dutch, where the speech in the movie has the original language, often English.

If someone and I are watching a movie, he can give comments, if it is related to the movie story, for example: "What a terrible accident!" or "She should be more careful with this lover; I don't know whether he can be trestred." Not movie-technical comments or mentioning actor names, for example: "Hey, isn't that Leslie Nielsen?" You would be drawing me out of the film and the fun watching the movie is nearly over.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 11:09 pm

just-me wrote:
Don't comment on the rules listed please. This will help the thread stay uncluttered and make it easier for people to access the social rules listed below.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 11:23 pm

15) If you ask someone to hangout and they give you repeated excuses why they cant, stop asking, they dont want to hang out with you. Even though they might claim that they do want to hangout, there just saying that to be polite and not hurt your feelings.

16) If you become obsessed with a person, dont tell them, they'll think your creepy.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 11:26 pm

17. If someone insults you, be the bigger person and don't insult them back.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 8:29 am

18. When a store clerk asks how you are, he does not want your life story, "same sh*t, different day" will relate to him and he will give you a little chuckle.

(source, myself, convenience store clerk)

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 2:00 pm

19. You should try to wear clothing that is as appropriate for the weather as possible. (For instance, don't wear trench coats in August; wear longer pants in January.)

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 2:22 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
[I know I have a problem with this.]
13. When someone is chastising you, do not smile or laugh while they are doing so, even if they look funny.

I do this sometimes.

When you are listening to someone, try not to frown too much, they think you are disagreeing with them when you are just concentrating.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 2:35 pm

21. If you're happy, try to smile, even if it doesn't feel natural. Otherwise, everyone else will just think you're constantly pissed off.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 2:35 pm

21. If you're happy, try to smile, even if it doesn't feel natural. Otherwise, everyone else will just think you're constantly pissed off.

seaside
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jul 2010, 9:04 pm

22. If you are about to say something and the conversation takes a different turn, the NTs around you will want to keep the conversation going on its new path and different subjects, no matter how much you are dying to get your own comment out.

23. Let other people answer at length in class and try not to speak for longer time periods and more often than they do.

24. Trying to make a funny based on something that you saw be successful for someone else or in another situation may not work. You may not be able to gauge if it will fall flat or offend.

25. Life is unpredictable and full of jolting changes. It is better to learn to let go a bit and go with the flow than go nuts about uncontrollable events that bring changes to your routine.

26. You may not care about hairstyles, fashion, makeup, or good shoes, but looking well groomed can do a lot to predispose people who don't yet know you well to consider you favorably in the beginning, so that they are more likely to later like you and accept your other greater quirks that are harder to do something about.

27. If you have a good friend who is very NT, ask them for tips about things you might not realize, and they will likely be glad to help explain a lot that is going on and what is expected of you in various situations that puzzle you.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 8:28 pm

28. At all times, pretend like you know what you are doing. Other people are predisposed to believe you.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 2:32 am

21a: If you're happy, try to smile, even if it doesn't feel natural. Otherwise, everyone else will just think you're constantly pissed off.

Don't do it too much. A smile now and again works better than a fixed grimace. Also, you'll appear too eager to please, and that can spook people.