Page 48 of 54 [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 54  Next

Did you find the advice helpful?
yes 89%  89%  [ 529 ]
no 11%  11%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 594

Roier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
12. During a movie, you should keep your comments to yourself, and wait until after the film to share your thoughts.

This sucks, because by the time the movie ends, the other person would have forgot the specific scene I wanted to mention, and all the details I'm able to notice :(

We comment on the picture because we get aware of a lot of details that most people don't.

Actually I hate to see a movie twice even if I liked it a lot, I believe most people like to see a movie they like over and over again, because they get new details every time they see it, details we the commentators noticed at first glance.

Just an observation, this rule is like a very difficult one to follow.

Roier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2012, 5:13 pm

j0sh wrote:
5. If someone ask you what you did over the weekend, and in honest, you stayed at home and enjoyed your special interest alone all weekend... DON'T tell them. Lye and say you hung out with friends.

Sure, faking friends, dates, girlfriends and boyfriends is fine.

I Don't agree with this rule, sarcastically.

Roier
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Apr 2012, 6:00 pm

moknin wrote:
The following rules are made according to my experience and theory
72. Nobody can read mind. Nobody know what each other is thinking. People talk to you with an angry face MAY because he is having a bad day; MAYBE he is suffering a stomach arch; or MAYBE he really hate you, but face it, in the end you just don't know what is in their head, so stop unnecessary guessing which only depress you or make you misjudge.

If you can read minds, don't brag, people feel uncomfortable when they think they are been seen through, make them think you believe them :)

GumbyLives
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 11:44 pm

Sometimes people praise you because they want something from you, not because you actually did something right.

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200 * Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 49 of 200 * You are very likely an Aspie

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2012, 6:50 am

Roier wrote:
j0sh wrote:
5. If someone ask you what you did over the weekend, and in honest, you stayed at home and enjoyed your special interest alone all weekend... DON'T tell them. Lye and say you hung out with friends.

Sure, faking friends, dates, girlfriends and boyfriends is fine.

I Don't agree with this rule, sarcastically.

I don't agree with that rule either. If you've been home enjoying your special interest all week-end, and somebody asks what you did, just say something, ''just had a quiet week-end really''. Not all NTs spend every week-end hanging out with friends. Most youngsters do that, and not even every youngster. My next door neighbour has two teenagers, and they mostly spend their week-end in playing PS3 games.

aautismgirl
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2012, 6:03 am

Thanks for sharing.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2012, 2:39 pm

Don't be TOO reliable. Be reliable enough to make a good friend, but occasionally say something then do another. Just do this occasionally, not every time. Like for example, if you said to your friend that you wasn't sure what you're doing on Friday but will ring her Thursday night to say if you're coming out or not, perhaps don't ring her at all until perhaps a few nights later. I'm sure she wouldn't care if you do this sometimes. Like I said, don't do it every time, but just sometimes just don't quiet do what you say, because when you become too reliable, people start to think ''oh she will do anything I say'' and will just take your trusting nature for granted, and then when something does happen when it's too late, they get the hump. Not all people do this, but I've found a lot of people do.

mrspotatohead
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Apr 2012, 3:35 pm

Don't think that, if you do everything right and everything goes well, you won't just randomly implode anyway.

evil_expresso
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Apr 2012, 1:14 am

Hi, I'm new.

Perhaps I will use an example from an experience I had at college last week.

My professor was showing the class how to colour correct film and so he was sitting in front of a computer with three monitors.

He was struggling to turn on the third monitor, so I decided to sit next to him and trouble shoot.

I pressed a button and the monitor turned on; he replied, "Christopher, that's bad form".

Even though I was confused at his response, in an NT setting, what I did was socially inappropriate. A friend later told me I probably "embarrassed" him in front of the class room.

So next time you get into trouble shooting mode - remember where you are and who you're doing it for.

Maybe ask if you could trouble shoot?

Not sure if this is helpful.

Neutrino
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2012, 2:28 am

Here's another rule:

If you're still in school, don't disturb your teachers during their break to ask questions about black holes or other things you think are more important than your teacher's break. They don't want to answer your questions during break time.

Kindertotenlieder79
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Apr 2012, 5:16 pm

Never call a compulsive liar a liar; They'll just insult your intelligence by say something like "I never lie" - yeah, cuz the best way to respond to the accusation of being a liar is by lieing lol - Then, they'll call you a liar and convince people around you they are right. Flippin' sociopaths . . . :evil:

GumbyLives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 10:46 am

Always remember that the shared illusion the people at your workplace want to bold about who they are as a company and how they want to be perceived (e.g., honest, helpful, fighting for justice, whatever) is far more important than actually achieving that. In facts while they will only make token efforts at being honest/whatever, they will despise you if you try to help make their illusion a reality.

Every time you forget this, you will get burned one way or another. It's better to just ignore the difference, do your job, and go home to reality.

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200 * Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 49 of 200 * You are very likely an Aspie

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 11:23 am

Don't tell people you hate toddlers, unless you know they share the same hatred as you do. Otherwise, people take it personally and think just because you are not one for toddlers, you hate their toddler, which isn't the case.

Don't laugh at something on your own. It's sometimes impossible to keep laughter back when you've found something really funny out in public, but somehow people seem to manage not to laugh, unless they are with someone.

When you're on your own, don't show any emotion, just act predictable, ordinary, and almost robot-like. If you break this rule, you will get stared at like you're mad.

Although no-one is perfect, you are expected to be perfect when you're out in public, so be perfect. ( :roll: )

Remember that Autistics are not the only ones who can't put themselves in other people's shoes. NTs are actually just as bad, so perhaps one day take a note of all the selfish things NTs do or how self-centered they act towards you or eachother. You will soon get my point.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2012, 2:15 pm

Never say someone's baby is ugly. Wait until the parents and family are gone and then say it. You must pretend how cute you think it say and say things like "aw she is so cute, look at her." If it's a boy, say "he."

Chickenbird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Apr 2012, 4:30 pm

evil_expresso wrote:
Hi, I'm new.

Perhaps I will use an example from an experience I had at college last week.

My professor was showing the class how to colour correct film and so he was sitting in front of a computer with three monitors.

He was struggling to turn on the third monitor, so I decided to sit next to him and trouble shoot.

I pressed a button and the monitor turned on; he replied, "Christopher, that's bad form".

Even though I was confused at his response, in an NT setting, what I did was socially inappropriate. A friend later told me I probably "embarrassed" him in front of the class room.

So next time you get into trouble shooting mode - remember where you are and who you're doing it for.

Maybe ask if you could trouble shoot?

Not sure if this is helpful.

True, but then you'll see an NT do it and just laugh. I see charming people break rules constantly and they are loved for it. It's not what you do, it's the way that you do it. Or to put it another way, you get picked on for the same thing because your body language is just "off" . IMO, the person is looking for someone safe to vent their frustration on, and I have been guilty of this many time in hindsight :(

Changed score with attention to health. Still have AS traits and also some difficulties.

Samual
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Apr 2012, 6:10 pm

Dont haggle in supermarkets.
Dont haggle in charity shops.
If forced to guess someones age, dont reply to their answer with "oh, is that all?".