Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2010, 11:33 pm

need 2 know how are your sleeping patterns?

ASdogGeek
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 12:03 am

I have always had probleam sleeping sruggling to fall asleep stay asleep i have mproved with my fan and wieghted blanket

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 12:06 am

Nnghmumble. Ask me when I finally get enough to remember what being awake is like.

NOT A DOCTOR

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 12:07 am

ASdogGeek wrote:
I have always had probleam sleeping sruggling to fall asleep stay asleep i have mproved with my fan and wieghted blanket

Weighted blanket...that sounds interesting. Do they make a summer version? As it is, I end up under tons of covers no matter what time of year it is, and always with a pillow literally over my head. I can't sleep without the pillow, in fact.

birds
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

31 Jul 2010, 1:29 am

it really depends. i can sleep for 19 hours a day if i have nothing to do, but whenever i have obligations i stay up all night and end up with 3-5 hours of sleep.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 1:55 am

I feel tired if I get less than 9 or 10 hours of sleep. I don't sleep very soundly if I don't get in at least one round of rigorous exercise before turning in.

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 2:58 am

Weird, weird sleep NON-patterns, here.

I'll often go a week or so with 4 hours a night, then kinda crash and sleep for most of a day, then back to the 4 hours a night for a while. Then, I'll go for several weeks with a normal 8 hours a night.

Or, I'll do something like I'm doing tonight - went to bed about 11, woke up around 2:30 - will probably go back to bed around 4:30, and get back up between 6 and 7.

Poppycocteau
Toucan
Toucan

31 Jul 2010, 4:25 am

I must have the quilt tucked in tightly at all sides except the top where my head sticks out. If there is a draught I can't get rid of, I will get angry and even tearful depending on what sort of day I've had. Currently, I fold the sides of the quilt under to create a sort of 'pocket' to put my feet in, which is somehow very satisfying and comforting. Then I tend to sleep on my side, in a foetal position for roughly eight hours, waking up almost exactly after five hours to use the toilet and get a drink of water.

The pattern I tend to fall into when left to my own devices is one of falling asleep at around 1am, and waking up at 9am. I don't tend to have problems sleeping unless the weather is hot, or my feet are cold.

I sleep very lightly, though, and quiet noises wake me up, which is why my cats have to go in the hall overnight - if they were walking about in the bedroom and chasing each other, I'd never get any sleep at all.

fleeced
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2010, 4:31 am

i need two heavy duvets, even in summer. have problems getting to sleep and staying asleep and can't sleep if someone else is n the room.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 5:24 am

Yes, but perhaps no :arrow:

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

SoSayWeAll wrote:
Weighted blanket...that sounds interesting. Do they make a summer version?

I have a duvet, a lighter one in summer, but have a heavy pillow on my body so I get the benefit of the weight without overheating.

My sleep is not particularly regular and very light - I am easily woken by any weather change, difference or disturbance in the house or street outside. I sleep between 3 and 8 hours, usually about 7 hours and never oversleep.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 3:05 pm

Severe DSPS here but yea I normally sleep more than normal, if I didn't have an illness maybe I'd sleep less but actually I don't think so. Before, left to myself, I would want to sleep quite a bit. My sleep isn't all that great though, I depend on sleep meds a lot these days.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 3:34 pm

I sleep for an average number of hours, maybe a little less. I've had trouble falling asleep many times, but I try to maintain healthy patterns (e.g. not staying up too late if it can be avoided, getting up at the same time every day). I am a very light sleeper, and almost anything will wake me up (except for my old alarm clock, which I can almost sleep through now)