Autistics Given Castration Drug--not cool!

Page 5 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

frag
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 7:06 pm

What happens when you give it to females?

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 7:10 pm

Followthereaper90 wrote:
who is behind this? and anyway to optain their mail address :twisted: i wanna mail couple good choice'd words to them

EDIT: mail address of maryland medical group have fun http://www.mgmamd.org/

[email protected]

:twisted:

I looked into it more, and it turns out to be Mark Geier who is the one who started the Lupron-mercury treatments back in 2006.
He has quite a shady and unethical history, there's more info here:
http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2010/ ... u.php#more

TOGGI3
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2010, 7:24 pm

I noticed several posts claiming this drug sterilizes people. I just wanted to make sure people are aware that drugs like lupron dont actually 'castrate' people or make them 'sterile'. It just dramatically drops testosterone while in use and suppresses libido, it is often given to or taken voluntarily by sex offenders and child molesters to give them a more successful outcome out of their therapy, it is also used for other therapeutic and health reasons.

Not that I am advocating for it's use, but in large part it is reversible. In my opinion though there is never an excuse to use such a drug unless absolutely necessary on a person in their youth/teen years or very early adulthood, it can screw up a lot of things to mess with someone's testosterone levels in those years.. Not to mention mercury poisoning as a cause of autism is proven to be quackery to begin with, so why this even got allowed as a treatment is beyond me.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 9:10 pm

Danieltaiwan just mentioned that in high doses for a long time, it can result in permanent impotence.

re. Women: Apparently it's useful for treating endometriosis and to prepare for surgery for uterine fibroids. It's always short-term. There may not be any data on what happens with long-term exposure.

It's used for precocious puberty in both genders.

http://www.lupron.com/

Also: While I may be a bit biased here thanks to having had a long-term phobia of injections (I had to be chased around the hospital and then pinned down to get an immunization at age 11, though by age 17 I could force myself not to run in a panic)... I should note that this medication isn't in pill form; it's an intramuscular injection. That can be quite traumatic to kids who, like me, have needle phobias, or to those who don't have enough language to understand what's going on until some random adult attacks them with a needle--at which point they may even suffer extreme pain thanks to hypersensitivity, and probably develop said needle phobia if they didn't already have one. The simple fact of getting unnecessary injections could probably cause overload all by itself.

Not to mention the side effects. Check the web site... some of that stuff sounds nasty.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

activebutodd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 11:09 am

Wow anbuend. I'm really sorry to hear about your abuse and not having your anger recognised. It must have been awful when your feelings were ignored and nothing was done to help.

Yes, I'm aware - I did very well in Biology, in which the endocrine system was covered.

I'm not repeating stereotypes or scaremongering, and I'm *not advocating that this be done*.
Merely saying that in one in a million cases, the alternative could be even worse. Yes? No? :wink:

I'm putting all this out there so that people will then read up on the issue, and decide for themselves about how they feel and what they think. It raises questions so that people take more notice and learn all about it in order to answer questions for themselves.

If I hadn't thrown a differing view in there; people wouldn't have responded much, or wouldn't have clicked links to learn facts they otherwise wouldn't have known, and they would have just thought "NTs are all against Autistics!" and "trying to sterilize to make us extinct!"

Everyone would just have left the exact same response without learning more and forgotten about it. This way, there's interest.

danieltaiwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Aug 2010, 6:31 pm

activebutodd wrote:
Wow anbuend. I'm really sorry to hear about your abuse and not having your anger recognised. It must have been awful when your feelings were ignored and nothing was done to help.

Yes, I'm aware - I did very well in Biology, in which the endocrine system was covered.

I'm not repeating stereotypes or scaremongering, and I'm *not advocating that this be done*.
Merely saying that in one in a million cases, the alternative could be even worse. Yes? No? :wink:

I'm putting all this out there so that people will then read up on the issue, and decide for themselves about how they feel and what they think. It raises questions so that people take more notice and learn all about it in order to answer questions for themselves.

If I hadn't thrown a differing view in there; people wouldn't have responded much, or wouldn't have clicked links to learn facts they otherwise wouldn't have known, and they would have just thought "NTs are all against Autistics!" and "trying to sterilize to make us extinct!"

Everyone would just have left the exact same response without learning more and forgotten about it. This way, there's interest.

It seems like they are trying to sterilize us if they are giving autistics 10 times more of the drug than the amount to treat precocious puberty.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 11:27 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
There is a move to eliminate over 80% of the world's population. Via foods, vaccines, water supply, etc. The desired method is to make it difficult for the common masses to reproduce effectively. I will not be surprised if in my grandchildren's lifetime you need to go on a government approved drug therapy to be able to bear children.

The UK population is getting larger and larger.