Would you care if someone you hated died?

Page 6 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

aeon555
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2010, 5:05 pm

danandlouie wrote:
++++SPAZZ++++ once i had a pain so severe that it dropped me on a sidewalk at a shopping mall. i was sweating profusely and vomited uncontrollably while lying in a fetal position. so, lots of pain. i begged people who were hurrying by to call for help...call the police....call an ambulance......call anyone. no one called. no one stopped to help me. ok, so i look pretty bad----been run over by a drunk driver and mangled in a multi-rollover high speed auto crash--leading to being dead 4 times. but still, couldn't someone have just called SOMEBODY. i had urinated on myself and a wave of pain and nausea almost made me pass out.....and then suddenly started easing. it was then that i realized that i had passed thru a kidney stone. incorporated it in a sculpture. i've never known love from a human. honest. do i hate people? bet your a.. i do. do i want what happened to me to happen to you, so you'll know what it's like to be completely alone, to wake up in the middle of sleep screaming at what happened to you as a child. no, i don't want any of that to happen to you. just don't judge other people when you DO NOT HAVE A CLUE about someone else's life

I can relate a similar experience in terms of people not caring about my fate. I once fell down between a train and the train track when getting off the train and as I stood on the track I expected loads of people to suddenly come to my aid to pull me back up onto the platform but it never happened. They all just stood there on the platform staring down at me as if I were a lunatic of the highest order; some kind of mad attention-seeker!

As I struggled to pull myself back up onto the platform I'll never forget this one young man just glaring at me as if I'd done the stupidest thing ever. His look of utter contempt will stay with me for life. As I was walking away, suddenly feeling really weak and shaky as I realised how I could have potentially been injured or even killed if the train had moved while I was on the track, one woman said weakly, 'Are you ok' and I just replied 'Yes thanks' with what I hoped was the right amount of contempt right back at the lot of them! So I understand completely what it is to feel you have discovered just how despicable other human beings can be! Never blithely assume your fellow humans will act in a humane way towards you ever; just be glad if there is even one amongst them who might just rise to the occasion but don't hold your breath!

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 6:00 pm

Americans sound like as*holes in that sense. In Turkey, if anything of the sort ever happens, everyone would be rushing to make sure you were ok/safe. Even if you just lie down in a public place, people come up and make sure you're not feeling sick.

aeon555
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2010, 6:08 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Americans sound like as*holes in that sense. In Turkey, if anything of the sort ever happens, everyone would be rushing to make sure you were ok/safe. Even if you just lie down in a public place, people come up and make sure you're not feeling sick.

I'm from the UK, not America.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 6:26 pm

Ok, UK then. I just assume people are from the states, usually, since there are so many Americans here. I was referring to the other person, from Rainbow Bridge, as well.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 7:20 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:

That happens here, too. Unfortunately, if you're a mess people assume you're a junkie faking it and walk right on past. It's hard not to have this attitude when you get approached by someone missing their pants twitching and asking for bus money to visit some obscure relative in the hospital.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 11:00 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:

I got stuck walking thru a large group of people who were all comming out of a bar and I wiped out on the ice that was on the sidewalk. At least 4 people came running over to help me up. It was night time most people avoid me at night because I am a big guy and I guess I do not look safe to walk by :roll: . But when they saw how hard I went down they ran over to make sure I was not hurt. My co-worker found a drunk guy passed out on a snowbank and called the police before he got frostbite he stayed there rubbing the guy's hands to help keep them from freezing. Americans go out of their way to oneanother at least Buffalo. Total strangers have offered me rides durring rain and snow storms because they thought I was going to get hurt. I have helped lost Canadians find their way to the thruway and the Galleria Mall several times since I am always walking so I get stopped a lot by lost motorists a lot.

I also have to say there are a lot of helpfull people in the Ontario area of Canada especially in Toronto. :D

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 12:35 am

There is only one person in the world who I truly hate with all my being, and yes, I would care. I'd want to know so I could be happy knowing the world is no longer burdened by this human parasite.

This person would stop at nothing to screw people out of money. When I quit being his friend, and refused to pay him money I didn't even owe him, he tried to get me slapped with a felony charge for something I wasn't guilty of. Needless to say, that attempt failed on the spot. Still, the idea that he wanted to ruin my life (and my girlfriend's) forever stuck hard with me. He'll get his someday, if not from me, from someone else he tries to screw over. It will be a good day.

I've left out other details, but let's just say if the law still allowed people to challenge each other to duels, he would have received a nice, gentlemanly dose of lead poisoning. That is how much I hate him.

Daftwrist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Aug 2010, 8:20 am

No. It already happened. My year 5 teacher who was a witch died a few years back. When I found out I thought, why couldn't she have died before I had her? Then I felt guilty at how callous my response was. Then I remembered how truly awful she was, and ...no i don't care.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Aug 2010, 1:05 pm

Probably not, especially if they brought it on themselves.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

I think I'd feel relief if someone I hated died. I wouldn't feel bad for them. If I hated them, then they did something really bad to deserve that. I don't hate people for petty reasons.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 1:56 pm

Hatred is an extreme emotional response towards something or someone, so if someone you truly hated died, I would imagine you would care, but maybe you wouldn't feel bad about it. The very fact that you hate someone would imply that you care about them, so you would be concerned with their death. Now if you were indifferent towards them, then I guess you wouldn't care about them either way.

So, yes, I would care if someone I truly hated died. However, honestly, I don't hate anyone, so I guess I wouldn't feel happy if someone like Fred Phelps died (though I probably couldn't care less).

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 2:00 pm

Would I care if someone I hated died? It wouldn't bother me. If I truly hated them, chances are I stopped associating with them long ago because I don't tolerate people I hate in my life. Usually I hate them for a valid reason, like them being cretinous as*holes, so I don't want to be around them anyway. If I never see them, it's like they are dead, so what does it matter to me if they really are?

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 2:29 pm

I'm not sure if I would care, since there is a reason why I would hate a person. I wouldn't attend the funeral or anything, since if someone did something bad enough to deserve hatred, I would have cut off contact completely while they were still alive.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 3:08 pm

Yes. Schadenfreude is one of my major hobbies.

ruveyn

ReallyGoodName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2010, 1:35 am

No, I wouldn't care.

I wouldn't be happy but it just wouldn't affect me at all.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2010, 2:53 am

I'd have a giggle then I would be thankfull of having one less tormentor to deal with.