I had no idea that this wasn't normal

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

salem
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

05 Aug 2010, 3:01 pm

:(

Last edited by salem on 06 Aug 2010, 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 3:46 pm

salem wrote:
..until someone said they suspect I had AS and I researched. why do we not like social things? Why can't I see the point of going to the pub with the love of my life? Or to go and see her family and nieces. Why do u hate when people stay at our house and want to take us out? Even my friends who I adore, it's a chore and I don't get it.

'Congenital Neurological Dysfunction'. 'Pervasive Developmental Disorder'. Meaning our brains are slightly malformed from birth in such a way as to give us a perspective slightly askew from the norm. 8O

Part of that skewed perspective is impaired processing ability, meaning too much incoming sensory stimuli overwhelms our brains' ability to take it all in in an orderly fashion, leading to high levels of anxiety and hypersensitivity to activity, light and noise. :shaking:

salem wrote:
when taking my partner who is in a wheelchair that I have to push, saying excuse me I can't do. If I hit someone I don't care, if the chair hits a curb and she falls I don't say a word.

Well, that's just rude. You can't blame that on AS. :oops:

salem wrote:
Things like horses which are MY passion, I get annoyed when someone else likes them and trys to talk about facts, I get all hot and annoyed and think they don't know jack.

Then I guess we should skip the discussion of Tijuana Donkey Shows. :?

Welcome to the neighborhood! :thumleft:

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 4:30 pm

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:44 pm

I want to see the donkey show, is it only in Tijuana? Are they going to Vegas anytime soon?