Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2010, 1:35 am

I realize something. Whenever my family plans something, I'll be really looking forward to it. Like let's say an amusement park or just plain old shopping at the mall.
But then I get there and I am having fun, laughing and goofing off. But 30 minutes later or even 15 minutes later I'm done. Like I only ever want to goof off for 30 mins. Like my goofing and jokes don't last any longer. I'm done after 30 minutes.
Anyone experience this as well?

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 10:12 am

Clyde wrote:
Anyone experience this as well?

Yup, all the time.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2010, 11:12 am

gramirez wrote:
Yup, all the time.

Why does it happen?

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 11:22 am

For the same reason that you get hungry, but don't want to eat a thousand meals every day. A certain amount of goofing off is something you want, but you want less than the people around you.

NOT A DOCTOR

KaiG
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

It's kind of the opposite for me. If my family plans something, I'll try get to out of it or I'll be convinced that I won't enjoy it, then when I actually get there I find it OK.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2010, 11:50 am

DandelionFireworks wrote:
For the same reason that you get hungry, but don't want to eat a thousand meals every day. A certain amount of goofing off is something you want, but you want less than the people around you.

Oh I see.

Cause my family can keep going and going and going.

And sometimes I almost feel forced to pretend I am having fun, when I am just done. Because if I don't fake it till I make it, my family gets really really mad. "I thought you wanted to come" or "Why aren't you doing what you said you'd wanted to do" or "If you didn't want to come, why didn't you say so".

So, I'm trying to figure out how to work through this. So, trying to find someone with experience on how they fixed it a bit.

But taking your hunger analogy it mean eating when I'm full.