Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 4:41 pm

I stood up for myself with my cousin, I email her this;

I'm talking about my Asperger, I been trying to tell you about Asperger, but you WONT listen, you are acting like my sister, thinking you know ALOT of stuff about me. I wish some of the family would realize they could be wrong about me. I may look normal on the outside, but I can be soooo different on the inside. NOBODY cares to really listen to me & that is very scary to me. The family can give me too much credit for doing thing they think I can do. But ALOT of things have change with me, I have changed cuz of my Asperger, I think I'm in premenopausal & other things. I KNOW I have to go see a doctor or more doctors, I'm working on it, it just taking me a long time to do stuff. Why should I listen to you anyway? You NEVER listen to me. My mom even wrote about my Asperger to the family. The family acting like they DON'T CARE about if I have Asperger. I just wish the family would look up what Asperger is & stop telling me they think they know what they talking about. With the family thinking they know stuff just because they family & know you all your life, you can be family, but still be like strangers, cuz people don't listen to me. That is very scary to me & making me feel soooo alone in the world. Even when I get help outside the family, they think they know what they are doing, they don't listen to me either. My sister think she is an expert on Aspergers just because my nephew's teenage friends have Aspergers. There are different kinds of Aspergers, not everybody with Aspergers are the same.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2016, 4:45 pm

Good for you. You could follow it up by sending them some helpful links, like some of Tony Attwood's videos.

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Oct 2016, 5:58 pm

I like where you are going with this, but I would suggest(it's just me)you describe your symptoms especially the sensory ones so that she can understand where you are coming from and not just put a label on yourself "Aspergers"because then she won't take you seriously and think you are trying for pity. "Loud noises create a burning sensation in my ears because of my condition" or "I can't really watch a tv show that has the shaky cam effect because it aggravates my condition. Whatever it may be... This way she can google it or whatever and see for herself it's not BS.