Do you feel like an outsider, even here at Wrong Planet?

Page 12 of 14 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Do ya
Aye 82%  82%  [ 289 ]
Nay 18%  18%  [ 65 ]
Total votes : 354

Fern
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:14 pm

Even on WP I'm bad at coaxing people to converse with me.

...actually, I think I might even be better at conversation in real life than in here. I'm told my appearance is very non-threatening so many people I don't know speak to me daily. In here I seldom get responses to my posts though.

Guybrush_Threepwood
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2012, 11:18 pm

I think btbnnyr is right about the site being a safe place to express ideas and read those of others. Still, the topic reminds me of how alone I am and my routine of pretending that all is well turns to snafu. Oh internets, hug me...

Yep, completely alone and detached here.

-Skeksis-
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

At times, but most often this forum feels like home.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 7:57 am

I feel like an insider a lot, in my own little world. Sometimes I peek out to see what is happening. The posters on this thread make me feel a little :heart:

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 8:16 am

^ aww. :) :heart:

lostinthewoods
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Feb 2012, 10:38 am

Up till now (short time), better than home.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 10:37 pm

Fern wrote:
Even on WP I'm bad at coaxing people to converse with me.
...actually, I think I might even be better at conversation in real life than in here. I'm told my appearance is very non-threatening so many people I don't know speak to me daily. In here I seldom get responses to my posts though.

when you consider that there are 60,000 odd WPers [of which a sizable portion are lurkers], getting a reply to one's post [which is just one out of thousands] should be considered an exception rather than the rule. :idea:

Agemaki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Feb 2012, 10:42 pm

lyricalillusions wrote:
Definitely. It's partially because I've never been tested or diagnosed (due to lack of insurance & lack of income)-- I just have a very strong suspicion-- & I know a lot of people here don't like those on this site who haven't been diagnosed yet. I feel judged because of that by people & immediately disliked by some because of it. & also because I've never felt like I belonged anywhere, so this place is no different. Even if I were fortunate enough to get tested &/or diagnosed, I would still feel like an outsider.

I think that pretty much explains my feelings as well.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2012, 11:53 pm

btbnnyr wrote:
I feel like WP is not a forum for going back and forth bantering with the other posters and being bestest friends with each other all manygether. To me, it's more like the forum where I can read about other people's experiences and write what comes to mind about the topics of the threads without worrying about enemizing someone against me for life or being considered a freak, weirdo, psycho, psychofreako, freaky weirdo, or weird psycho.

That is what I thought at first......not so sure now.

Woodpeace
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Feb 2012, 4:07 am

I do feel like an outsider here.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 4:31 am

btbnnyr wrote:
I feel like WP is not a forum for going back and forth bantering with the other posters and being bestest friends with each other all manygether. To me, it's more like the forum where I can read about other people's experiences and write what comes to mind about the topics of the threads without worrying about enemizing someone against me for life or being considered a freak, weirdo, psycho, psychofreako, freaky weirdo, or weird psycho.

I used to see it like that until I split with my ex, though I always enjoyed having a go at giving or getting a bit of help, like a group therapy session with no jumped-up life coach to humiliate us. That mutual help thing makes me feel there are some good, albeit often brief, social bonds of sorts. When I got shut of the ex, I drifted into a romantic encounter with somebody I first met on WP, and although we never met in real life, we both wanted to very much, and our private messages showed a level of closeness that I haven't had with some real-life partners. Now I'm partnered again with a local lady, and I'm happy to return to my original group role around here. So I guess WP can be whatever one wants it to be, socially speaking, though the romance was a chance-in-a-million event that I doubt would happen again. I love the place.

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2012, 6:32 am

deleted. I don't want to insult anyone.

Last edited by Unspecified on 22 Feb 2012, 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 6:51 am

Can someone give an example of said supermacy?

Unspecified
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2012, 7:10 am

deleted, same reason as above.

Short answer: Yes, I feel like an outsider here.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:18 pm

I'm getting a bit fed up with all these people who have diagnosed themselves with questionable online tests.
I think that it's almost impossible to diagnose yourself. You can only suspect that you may have aspergers and if that is the case you should get yourself an official diagnosis.

I bet that half of the people on this forum don't even have aspergers. Do you think it's interesting to be an aspie or something? Well, it isn't interesting so get real! Do you think that all of the problems you are experiencing in life can be explained by an online test? If only that where true. I prefer to communicate with people with whom I really have something in common.

I am going to spend my time in a more productive manner for the time being.
Bye now!

:evil:

Last edited by pokerface on 22 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2012, 3:20 pm

My profile says 'I don't know'. It's as honest as I can get about it. I'm sure others are just trying to be honest as well.