What do you find annoying/disconcerting in other people?

Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 8:23 pm

Just wondering. Can apply to both autistic people and non-autistics.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

31 Aug 2010, 8:30 pm

Being very touchy-feely. That is truly distressing to me. People who fling their arms out and approach you, making you feel trapped. People who start talking to you while behind you, so that you startle easily.

Meadow
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 8:52 pm

People who are into gossiping about their neighbors, people who invite themselves over without invitation and people who are cruel to animals.

Clyde
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Aug 2010, 9:03 pm

People who do not stick to their word.

I have three values I highly appreciate they are:

-Honesty

-Respect

-Sticking to your word

I hate hate hate absolutely hate people who say they are going to do one thing and never get down to it. Saying you're going to do it becomes a non signed agreement that you are going to do what you said you were going to do. I hate people who tell me one thing and they don't mean it. Stick to your word is all I say.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2010, 10:35 pm

-Dishonesty
-Waving at someone and not getting an answer (It makes me feel like an idiot. Any other Aspies have that problem?)
-Animal cruelty
-Ignorance
-Discrimination
-Gossip, especially the malicious kind.
-Whenever I talk and someone isn't paying attention. (I'm so used to it that I've found a kindred spirit in Canada from Axis Powers Hetalia. People consider both of us invisible)

kiwigoddess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

cant stand social narsasism one little bit. the assumption that I should be making you feel one way or the other is just insanity I can not tolerate.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:20 pm

Do you find it annoying if someone talks at you at length in a monotone voice about specific, factual things (not gossip)? Do you find it annoying if someone keeps following you around and desperately wants to be your friend?

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:24 pm

At the moment, what stands out the most would be Misunderstandings.
Or, ignorance... innocent ignorance, but ignorance nonetheless.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2010, 11:36 pm

Hmmm, where to begin?

I hate people who lie. If someone has lied to me they are my enemy forever. So I have a lot of enemies. :roll:
I hate it when people swear constantly, like saying the f-word every other word and if they swear at me it's like being hit with a whip. I even hated swearing when I was a teenager, and it made me so popular, not.
I hate people who are cruel to animals, people who are racist and sexist, I hate drug addicts and alcoholics, I hate people who drive like lunatics thinking they will never get themselves or other people killed, I hate Bible-thumpers, people who act superior and like they're better than everyone else. I hate diet and exercise freaks, workaholics, people who think sleeping is a waste of time and brag about how little sleep they get by and how much do-gooder nonsense they accomplish while awake. I hate people who constantly do immoral and/or illegal things and get away with it. I hate overly-optimistic "Pollyanna" type people, people who won't leave me alone when I need to be alone, people who avoid me when I DO need them, and people who think war and violence will solve everything.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Aug 2010, 11:39 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Do you find it annoying if someone talks at you at length in a monotone voice about specific, factual things (not gossip)? Do you find it annoying if someone keeps following you around and desperately wants to be your friend?

1) Not really, I can think of one person who I suspect is a fellow spectrumite who has a habit of doing this, and I myself have done this at times.

2) That's never happened to me, though I've done it, so I can't say. I don't think I'd mind though.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 12:04 am

A desire to be cruel to a person (or cheat them) for no other reason that it's possible to do so.

(IOW, possessing only externally-imposed morality; a lack of any internal, personal ethics.)

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:03 am

How a lot of people seem to find animal abuse or animals in pain halarious. I can't even stand it when people laugh at the plight of a cartoon animal. I personaly think that Tex Avery was a phycopath. I was surprized that I was the only one NOT laughing at Scrat getting struck by lightning when I went to see Ice Age. I was stunned when I people thought it was so halarious when Alex gets beat by the eldery lady via suitcase in Madagasgar. People seem to think that beastiality and basicaly raping zoo animals in order to harvest sperm is a meritable persuit because it's helping the species. I won't even go into detail over spem collection for animals that are going to be eaten. People seem to think that abusing and toururing animals in labs is okay because it helps people. You wouldn't expirment on a dog to find a cure for a disease in horses would you and will someone PLEASE explain to me why people are so important that it is justifiable to tourture an innocent animal but not a criminal who took the a child's innocence? Why is it okay to mock someone who cares about the welfare and rights of animals?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:08 am

The way emotion spreads in large crowds frankly creeps me out. It makes me feel like they have some kind of a hive mind, and are trying to assimilate me.

Nothing against the people in the crowds. It's just the crowd effect that I find really freaky.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 1:36 am

All of the above, really!

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:16 am

A lot of them look at me and take me for granted.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2010, 2:53 am

MathGirl wrote:

No, the first one is something I like! The second one would annoy me a little, but meh, worse things could happen, so I wouldn't really care too much.

Something I do find annoying is people who say bad things about you behind your back, and from what I've seen, everyone at my school does that.