Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

greeneyes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Sep 2010, 5:31 pm

Thanks aimless for the interesting post and article. It made my jaw drop. :idea:

Spyral
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Sep 2010, 5:48 pm

Moog wrote:
Aimless wrote:
It's the most frustrating part of my life and the hardest to explain to someone who doesn't have the same problem. I grew to think of myself as stupid and lazy and could never adequately answer someone who wanted to know why I haven't accomplished more. I thought it was interesting about how different parts of the brain are used in deciding to do something and then actually doing it.

Me too.

Good article, thank you Aimless.

Ditto. Maybe this theory will give me something to work on to get more accomplished.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 5:53 pm

I'm glad people are enjoying the article. I'd like to learn more about the mechanics of neurodiversity.

Heliobacter20
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Sep 2010, 6:09 pm

Wow, thanks for posting this! I've always been frustrated with my inability to "get going" and avoidance of any action whatsoever even if it would make me happy. I have to force myself to leave the house. I will sometimes sleep-14-16 hours descending back into my dreams just because it's hard to get up the urge to get up. It's not depression (though I have that too), it just feels like trying break out of heavy gravity.
Flip side is, I'm good at work. I like to make tasks for myself and am happiest when I am really busy. Is that weird?

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2010, 6:47 pm

pgd wrote:
Autism is often described as not being detectable on standard brain scans (year 2010).

That's rapidly changing!
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/08/1 ... latestnews

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.