Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Oct 2010, 3:13 am

"I have Asperger's."
"No you don't."
"Yes I do."
"You don't act like it."

Because I'm good at hiding it.

I have observed nerotypicals enough to emulate their behaviors. I know when to talk like a regular teenager and when to use mature speech.
My teachers are often surprised because they see how I act, and see how my writing greatly conflicts with that. Because I swear, I laugh all the time, I say stupid things, do stupid things.
My own friends, save a handful of my best friends, don't even believe I have asperger's because I act so normal. They have caused me to feel less like an aspie and more like a normal person. I don't exactly favor being normal.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

zobier
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Oct 2010, 4:43 am

My ex-wife, and one of my few (true) friends both deny that Asperger's even exists :/

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2010, 5:06 am

I don't mimic at all, I am myself at all times. Yet some years ago when I talked to a high school teacher who taught me for a couple of years, I mentioned AS. She saw how my way of being fit, but she couldn't understand how anyone as reflective as me (her words, not mine) could be on the autistic spectrum.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765