Page 4 of 7 [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

any men here who have been bullied by women?
yes, i'm a man who has been bullied by women 50%  50%  [ 51 ]
no, i am a REAL man no woman would DARE to bully! 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
i am a woman and i would bully you in a heartbeat, you wuss! 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
i'm a conscientious objector in the war of the sexes 44%  44%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 102

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 6:30 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
So you didn't spit in it. I'm afraid but fascinated to find out what you DID do. lol

I told her I didn't spit in it. I would never admit to doing something like that, even now in the 1 in a million chance it would get back to me. It's completely possible that I did though.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 6:44 pm

j0sh wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
So you didn't spit in it. I'm afraid but fascinated to find out what you DID do. lol

I told her I didn't spit in it. I would never admit to doing something like that, even now in the 1 in a million chance it would get back to me. It's completely possible that I did though.

I found dropping the food on the floor to be much more satisfying.

I mean... I would NEVER tamper with someone's food! 8O :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:13 pm

ThomasL wrote:
Ah_Q wrote:
It sounds more like she was bullying you for riding a bicycle. There is a wide prejudice against bicyclers by idiots who who see them as obstacles to their crazy driving. Bicycling is also perceived as a "gay" thing, hence the the homophobic epithet. There's something about driving an automobile that grants some people with an aggressive sense of superiority. Women are no exception to this.

Oh, yeah - that does make sense - especially if he was wearing a tight (spandex?) bike racing outfit.... Maybe this is the answer.

i would never wear such a revealing thing, as i don't really have the greek statue physique that would rate such form-fitting wear. i go the opposite direction, wearing baggy [hospital] scrub bottoms with a baggy net sleeveless shirt which doesn't reveal anything but my slender arms.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:17 pm

j0sh wrote:
A few years later, I was working for a pizza delivery restaurant. An order came through with a customer name of "Challita" (the same name as the girl that stole/broke my glasses). Since I hadn't seen her in several years, I took it upon myself to personally make and deliver her pizza.Luckily, it was her, and all the special time I had spent preparing her meal wasn't wasted. The drive away from her home was the polar opposite of my long walk home. I couldn't believe how relieved I was to finally see her again. :twisted:

too bad you didn't spit on her pizza. :lol:

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:21 pm

The hospital pants might not be helping but idk I haven't seen them. Ever consider gym pants?

Also, who says biking is gay? I accelerate faster on my bike than most people do in their cars and in some areas I top out higher too (with people breaking the speed limit by 5-10mph regularly in my area).

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2010, 11:27 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
The hospital pants might not be helping but idk I haven't seen them. Ever consider gym pants?

Also, who says biking is gay? I accelerate faster on my bike than most people do in their cars and in some areas I top out higher too (with people breaking the speed limit by 5-10mph regularly in my area).

would that i could look like the greek god in the pic. :roll:
but workout pants trap-in heat, and i have suffered heat stroke in the past, so i must wear thin, breathable clothing when i bike. you sound like a much better biker than me, in terms of speed. i battle against hypertension and must take beta blocker meds that make me perpetually short-of-breath. so easy-pedaling on a 5-speed internal hub comfort bike is what i am good for- i can't use the top gear most of the time in my hilly neighborhood. i don't think i've ever been able to break 20 miles per hour, 'cept for down hills.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 12:07 am

I was running right as it was getting dark tonight on a poorly lit road and some kids drove by and started hooting and hollering at me and asking me "If I wanted to F___?" I just sort of laughed. I thought of this thread and your situation. I don't think they meant anything more from it then just being idiots.

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 12:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
would that i could look like the greek god in the pic. :roll:
but workout pants trap-in heat, and i have suffered heat stroke in the past, so i must wear thin, breathable clothing when i bike. you sound like a much better biker than me, in terms of speed. i battle against hypertension and must take beta blocker meds that make me perpetually short-of-breath. so easy-pedaling on a 5-speed internal hub comfort bike is what i am good for- i can't use the top gear most of the time in my hilly neighborhood. i don't think i've ever been able to break 20 miles per hour, 'cept for down hills.

I ride my bike every day and use it to do all my errands, but still, I bike so slowly that sometimes I have to struggle to keep the bike upright. :) I never take it out of the slowest "granny" gear and often ride on the sidewalk. No one has ever shouted at me from a car though. Once when I was walking, pushing my cart to the laundromat I did have a girl yell out of a car window at me. "Lady, can I have that skirt?" and then laughing. Granted, I was wearing a really ugly skirt -- it was laundry day after all.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 12:35 am

My friends caught me speeding on a 30 mile per hour street once :lol:

I wouldn't know much about workout pants but I don't really know how, a lot of them are multiple layers of thin perforated material. I personally usually bike in cargo pants because I do have cargo (wallet, keys, sometimes a bottle of mountain dew, bike lock) and I make up for it by riding completely shirtless. Though sometimes when I'm in the mood for speed I go in short (hardly school gym appropriate length) gym shorts and leave the wallet and s**t at home and pack at most my key and a couple bucks in case I need a drink that bad. Though, not to brag I can get away with dressing that skimpy, unfortunately I don't get even more out of it.

I want to make my own bike. Something with a long wheelbase, high gear ratios and a lay flat design. That way I can accelerate faster without forcing myself into a wheelie accidentally, less aerodynamic drag and more badass looking. Screw cornering (short wheelbase helps that) I get myself in trouble turning corners so hard my pedals scrape, especially after converting to metal pedals to avoid snapping them after they've aged.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 12:50 am

Pistonhead wrote:
I want to make my own bike. Something with a long wheelbase, high gear ratios and a lay flat design. That way I can accelerate faster without forcing myself into a wheelie accidentally, less aerodynamic drag and more badass looking. Screw cornering (short wheelbase helps that) I get myself in trouble turning corners so hard my pedals scrape, especially after converting to metal pedals to avoid snapping them after they've aged.

i have always preferred recumbant designs, at least the moderately inclined ones, more precisely "semi-recumbant." i used to own a bikee fx that was just about the only mountain recumbant available. it was a sweet bike [with a lousy derailleur] with a full front and rear suspension that was adjustable, and rode like a caddilac over rough pockmarked roads, as well as dirt trails and logging roads. but i got laid off and had to sell it :cry: now they don't make 'em anymore and the existing specimens are very dear. i had to get an extra-long version because of my long legs, IOW i can't comfortably fit on any existing non-modified bike.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 2:35 am

I never was too much a fan of recumbent bikes. The majority are extra wide so sharing bike lanes with them is impossible, not that I have a problem with that seeing as I can ride with traffic for short periods of time. I also can't imagine riding a recumbent down a busy road with no side walk. My design would probably be no wider than any typical MTB or road bike while having all of the capabilities to take advantage of body lean and what not.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:00 am

Aunt Blabby, I think that anyone who hollers insults at others from their cars are really low class morons and cowards. I am quite surprised that a grown woman would do that, especially. Usually bored teenagers are the ones to do stuff like that. Do you live in a redneck community? I am not even going to say "South" because every state has a redneck community, lol. I also wonder what made her choose the word "fag". Is bicycling considered a homosexual trait in that area? I'm just wondering- I hate gay bashers and people who associate negative things with "gayness". This woman sees a man on a bike and feels compelled to shout "fag" at him? She cant be right in the head, and she may have been drunk or high. The whole thing is just crazy!

As for bullying- it seems to be common in both sexes. I was bullied by girls more than boys in my younger years, but they would never meet me to fight for real. Something in my eyes, I guess. LOL Bullies are cowards- think of people you know that are truly brave. You were in the Army, so I know you have seen it. Brave people don't bully others. They have better and more important things to do.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:06 am

Ah_Q wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i was riding my bike down the sidewalk yesterday, minding my own business, when this lady in a honda automobile drove down the opposite side of the street, and blasted her horn at me for no reason, causing my heart to jump into my throat and causing me nearly to lose control of my bike. i whipped around to see and hear her yell "haha fag!" then zoom off. i have noticed far more cases of women behaving this way to me than men, and it makes me wonder why this is so. what possible threat could i represent to such women to make them want to intimidate me pre-emtively? what did i do to this bully woman in the car to make her want to go through the trouble of making bad karma for herself?
it made me chew on the subject of social darwinism for a while, and i came to the conclusion that these bullies see themselves as darwinian gene pool policemen whose job it is to weed-out the genetically unfit, to bully them until they decide to go and die somewhere.
i would really like to hear from y'all if ya have something to add-subtract-multiply or divide, concerning my jejune thoughts on this matter. :)

It sounds more like she was bullying you for riding a bicycle. There is a wide prejudice against bicyclers by idiots who who see them as obstacles to their crazy driving. Bicycling is also perceived as a "gay" thing, hence the the homophobic epithet. There's something about driving an automobile that grants some people with an aggressive sense of superiority. Women are no exception to this.

I read this after my first post, and I have to agree about the automobile thing. I have noticed that even women drive like they own the road if they have a large vehicle. The bigger the SUVs and trucks get, the worst the driving gets. It is like they think you must yield if you are in a smaller car. Half the time thy cant park them correctly and then they want to talk on the phone at the same time, arrrrrrrg, but I digress.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:23 am

pumibel wrote:
Aunt Blabby, I think that anyone who hollers insults at others from their cars are really low class morons and cowards. I am quite surprised that a grown woman would do that, especially. Do you live in a redneck community? Is bicycling considered a homosexual trait in that area? I'm just wondering- I hate gay bashers and people who associate negative things with "gayness".

hello pumibel :) i live in a rural area out in the middle of nowhere that i like to call "outer hooterville," which is a 45 minute drive outside the nearest small town which is the county seat. my neighbors are largely similar to that ruffian woman in the car. the tea party/GOP are very strong in my neighborhood, as their yard signs are all over the place. so i will say right here, redneck=right-wing=bullies, because i live amongst them and haven't found anything contradicting this. i can't count the number of times a dog's owner watched his/her dog chase me on my bike or while i was walking down the street and the dog owner just smirked. i guess i am a permanent "outsider" here even though i've lived here for over 2 years now. like mixing oil and water, i guess. the people who live where i live are like the worst of my school bullies, in that they act not one bit more mature than overgrown adolescents. presently in the local news, some latino fella was shot to death by a local hunter who mistook him for a bear, and the prevailing sentiment here is that the latino had it coming to him for having the temerity to be out picking plants while decent people were out hunting, no mention of the minimally decent requirement for a hunter to positively ID his target before shooting. i've heard little old ladies say downright nasty things about the local latino population. as for gayness=bicycling, i am the only adult i've seen in the neighborhood riding a bicycle, the rest are kids. on that subject, when i come riding by a house with kids riding their bicycles on the streetfront, the parents almost without exception hurry up and hustle their kids inside and glare at me. i haven't done a damned thing to these people and they think i'm a criminal or something. i wish to hell i could afford to live somewhere more civilized.

pumibel wrote:
You were in the Army, so I know you have seen it. Brave people don't bully others. They have better and more important things to do.

well, i wish that were true, but the people i've met in the army with the most rank/awards were usually the worst bullies, in terms of working under them as subordinates. nice guys don't get far in the military. nice doesn't win battles or promotions or repel the enemy or force a sclerotic upper echelon bureaucracy to work. god put bullies on earth for a reason- like 'em or hate 'em, they have the unique energy to make uncooperative elements in a balky system work together- it is just that bullies and nice people don't mix well. i should never have even thought of entering the military, i had/have absolutely not the personality nor aptitude for it. same for my neighborhood, i just don't belong here, i'm as out-of-place here as a cat at the dog pound. but people with limited fundage usually accumulate in places like the one i live in. so here i will probably stay until i push up the daisies, either on time or ahead of time.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:40 am

That sounds like how I was treated when I
visited relatives in california

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:48 am

Hmph, all my bullies were left-wing. Not a right-winger among them. I live in a very strange area. You'd think the leftwingers would be more tolerant of different people but nooooooo...