Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2010, 3:27 am

I am sure that all of you have heard of Christian Weston Chandler. I did some more research on the man and learned alot more about him. I am sure that most of you know what hes like so there should be no need to go into details. He claims to have high functioning autism, but i think he has something else. He makes us all look bad. Any idea as to why he behaves the way he does?

alex
Developer
Developer

03 Oct 2010, 3:29 am

don't know who he is. links?

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2010, 3:33 am

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Chris-chan

That article is basically a summary on him. There is also a whole wiki with over a thousand articles devoted to the man as well as scores of youtube videos.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 3:53 am

I've never heard of this guy before.

alex
Developer
Developer

03 Oct 2010, 4:03 am

i didn't realize you were talking about chris-chan

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 4:48 am

Please realise that ED is a hate-satire site,
there are embellishments and fabrications
on everyone they write about.

That is all I will say on this subject, sorry.

Exiting thread.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2010, 5:36 pm

yes alex i was talking about chris-chan

and yes encyclopedia dramatica is a hate site, but this man has been written about all over the internet. just read about him.

i understand his pain but you will probobly believe me that he is an embarrassment to aspies and auties alike

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2010, 6:18 pm

People like Chris-chan intrigue me and for that reason I have taken to studying him and people like him. I don't think his issues and exceptionalities are uncommon among the AS population: his actions, behaviours and interests are textbook AS to me.

The only difference is: he posts eveything about his life all over the internet. Others see it as embarrassing for him and he is then seen as a disgrace...but I believe this unfair as perhaps he doesn't understand the concept of online limits. I think there are hundreds or thousands of people in the world who are very much like him, the only difference is that they don't broadcast every intimate detail orf their lives. I think that it's unfortunate that some people on the spectrum don't have a good sense of what is private and public as they could get into situations online where they can easily embarrass themselves to a very wide audience of people.

A girl that I am currently mentoring and supporting is the same way in that she will talk about and promote her interests with strangers online and is always being ridiculed for it. She has made a few friends, sure, but at the expense of everyone else hating her. I mean, what if she wants a job or supported employment or something? An employer can easily search the net for her and make a snap judgement without any background on her whatsoever.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2010, 11:50 pm

yeah but i really think chris-chan has other issues besides the high functioning autism that he claims he was diagnosed with. now people are ridiculing him because he appears to have started balding

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 11:00 pm

Something interesting I just learned though it's more of a blah fact...one of the few movie critics who became notorious for giving Toy Story 3 a bad review is actually the older half-brother of Chris-chan.

No, not Armond White. It's a guy name Cole Smithey. http://www.colesmithey.com/

I find this article much more interesting though: http://cogsdev.org/cwcki/Cole_Smithey

That could explain alot I say.

Spergling
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Oct 2010, 1:17 am

i simply feel bad for this poor aspie who has been exploited like this. this chris-chan is or is not an aspie but does not deserve to be treated this way and encyclopedia dramatica IS A TERRIBLE SIT! just look at there article on us its disgusting! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:35 am

Doesn't matter if he's a jerk; they still shouldn't be treating him like that.

But I don't think that just because he makes Aspies look bad, he isn't an Aspie. You can't judge Aspies by one bad apple any more than you can judge NTs by the occasional evil NT out there. Either way is prejudiced.

It's the assumption that "he must be doing this because he's Aspie" that seems to create the annoyance, right? But that's an incorrect assumption; he's doing it because he's making choices to do it like any other human being. Some part of our cultural belief system still seems to contain "If someone is crazy, everything they do is because they're crazy," which of course is patently false (and AS isn't even technically a kind of "crazy" to begin with, if by crazy you meant mental illness).

You can't claim that all Aspies are jerks because this fellow is a jerk.
You can't claim that all Aspies are geniuses because Einstein was a genius.
You just can't generalize like that.
You also can't say that because someone has reprehensible qualities, he can't be an Aspie, because there's nothing in the diagnosis that says Aspies can't make bad decisions and do horrible things.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 2:21 am

I have heard of him. I first heard of him on AFF and I didn't know who he is so I looked him up and wasn't fond of him right away. I also heard he has an impersonator so not everything you see him do is actually him. I saw one youtube video where he said he wasn't autistic and he had us fooled but that was the imposter. At first I fell for it and then I found out he had an imposter.

I personally think CWC is a troll and he loves the attention so he keeps on doing it. I have an aspie friend who is obsessed with him and she doesn't like him either. She likes reading about his life and laughing at him.

He blames everything on his autism.

My aspie friend and I have both speculated he could have histrionic personality disorder.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2010, 1:41 pm

Spergling wrote:
i simply feel bad for this poor aspie who has been exploited like this. this chris-chan is or is not an aspie but does not deserve to be treated this way and encyclopedia dramatica IS A TERRIBLE SIT! just look at there article on us its disgusting! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Encyclopedia Dramatica is meant to be a highly offensive parody site. The only thing is while some of the articles can be funny there's way too many graphic visuals of sex, penises, orgasms, pretty much in alot of articles there's numerous pictures of some really nasty sex going on.

If you want a more toned-down wikipedia parody that features far less sex and is more witty...you want "Uncyclopedia".

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2010, 12:19 am

there is a whole wiki devoted just to chris-chan with hundreds of articles

Mojave
Raven
Raven

09 Oct 2010, 9:08 pm

Is Chris chan is the real deal he is a pedophillic freak who fantasizes about a daughter named Crystal who he can f**k, stalks women outside of malls with a sign saying all the men have all the girlfriends, writes a graphically disturbing "comic book", mooches of a taxpayers' dollars by refusing to get a job, which he used to buy a PS3 with, draws pictures of himself fingering girls and then blasts them on the net, and posts videos of himself masturbating and recycling his semen. He is an absolute disgrace. Oh and he always signs off his videos with stay straight kids!

On the other hand there's a chance the whole Chris chan saga is a Borat style act put on by actors.