Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 6:17 pm

Hello everybody,

Well people got some bad news to report, heard monday that my tumors are back... again!
I've been in and out of the hospital for treatment since I was sixteen, undergone spinal surgery, several different chemotherapies and radiation therapies. The damn things keeps popping back every year!

In two weeks I am going to hear the treatment plan, luckely the tumor grows very slowely according to the MRI scans - millimeters. Location is more tricky... it's close to the brainstem.

Well, keeping spirits up. Hope I survive long enough to do the things I want to do in life.

Cheerfully (No matter the situation),
Wallourdes

XshadowX
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Oct 2010, 6:30 pm

Sorry, Least your staying positive. Keep the sprite alive.

I'm sure you will pull through.

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Oct 2010, 6:39 pm

Sorry about the medical stuff. Wishing you an excellent outcome.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 7:11 pm

Hang in there and stay positive!

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 7:44 pm

Oh. s**t

Good luck & get well:)

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 7:52 pm

Good luck--hope the doctors figure out a cure!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 8:35 pm

Get well soon! Hang in there! :D

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 9:32 am

Thanks everybody!
Appreciate the support :D

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 10:00 am

Wallourdes wrote:
Hello everybody,

Well people got some bad news to report, heard monday that my tumors are back... again!
I've been in and out of the hospital for treatment since I was sixteen, undergone spinal surgery, several different chemotherapies and radiation therapies. The damn things keeps popping back every year!

In two weeks I am going to hear the treatment plan, luckely the tumor grows very slowely according to the MRI scans - millimeters. Location is more tricky... it's close to the brainstem.

Well, keeping spirits up. Hope I survive long enough to do the things I want to do in life.

Cheerfully (No matter the situation),
Wallourdes

Good luck to you. By not succumbing to bitterness, you have already accomplished more in your life than many that live to be ancient withered husks. :salut:

Hermier
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2010, 11:47 pm

Have you tried searching for clinical studies? (If you are willing to be a "guinea pig", you could get access to an effective treatment long before it would be available on the market.)

I'm sorry, I know you did not ask for advice. I hope the tumors will be vanquished this time.

Wallourdes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 7:54 pm

Hermier wrote:
Have you tried searching for clinical studies? (If you are willing to be a "guinea pig", you could get access to an effective treatment long before it would be available on the market.)

I'm sorry, I know you did not ask for advice. I hope the tumors will be vanquished this time.

Being a guinea pig already, got chemo for other types of tumors because the conventional treatment didn't seem to work anymore.

No offence taken by the advice, in short time I might need all I can get - depending on results in two weeks.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2010, 9:30 pm

Well, jeez, that sucks. Let's hope the doctors have got their thinking caps on. I think it's fascinating, personally, but I wish it didn't actually happen to real people. If that made any sense...

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com