Do NTs have more energy then Auts? Seems like 5x the amount

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

billybud21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:43 am

I have heard this analogy and it makes sense: being an aspie is like walking up a hill all day. The energy that it take to try fit in is considerable and take a toll on aspies. That explains that why NTs would have more energy because they are not facing the same challenges and expending their energy on them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:18 pm

billybud21 wrote:
I have heard this analogy and it makes sense: being an aspie is like walking up a hill all day. The energy that it take to try fit in is considerable and take a toll on aspies. That explains that why NTs would have more energy because they are not facing the same challenges and expending their energy on them.

that, plus more efficient [read: less wastefully dysfunctional] brain circuitry streamlines mental/cognitive processing equivalent to the difference between a man trying to run uphill burdened by lead-weighted boots against a headwind versus a man wearing spring-loaded lightweight running shoes aided by a tailwind and going downhill all the way.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:19 pm

That really does explain why I am so tired and sluggish all of the time. I think many of NTs are more enthusiastic about life in general, so they are more energetic. We have to work very hard in this world.

Mir

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:22 pm

lionesss wrote:
That really does explain why I am so tired and sluggish all of the time. I think many of NTs are more enthusiastic about life in general, so they are more energetic. We have to work very hard in this world.

AS disorders are a tough life-lesson/burden for a select group of people who can handle the load. i think i came to this lifetime unprepared for the rigors, unfortunately. oh well, i am much closer to the end than to the beginning, thank god.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:35 pm

I can work all day after 2 days not even sleeping or drinking caffeine. >_>

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:45 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
I can work all day after 2 days not even sleeping or drinking caffeine. >_>

lucky you :roll:

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:50 pm

More like unlucky me for not having enough of a lack of energy to sleep. Just because I can do it and have the energy for it and can fake it so well my dad can't even tell I'm sleep deprived doesn't mean I'm better off.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

I have a lot of energy. I can stay in the gym for hours swimming, boxing, dancing and "kung fuing" (hey, I invented a new English word! Where is your god now, Shakespeare?). Indeed, I did it twice a week for months until I went to the night shift on my work. I'm also capable of clubbing right after a day of workin the night and right before another day of work in the morning shift. Sure, my coworkers can do the same, but they need energy drinks. I AM UNSTOPPABLE!! :twisted: :twisted:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:53 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
More like unlucky me for not having enough of a lack of energy to sleep. Just because I can do it and have the energy for it and can fake it so well my dad can't even tell I'm sleep deprived doesn't mean I'm better off.

do talk about it some more.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:55 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
I have a lot of energy. I can stay in the gym for hours swimming, boxing, dancing and "kung fuing" (hey, I invented a new English word! Where is your god now, Shakespeare?). Indeed, I did it twice a week for months until I went to the night shift on my work. I'm also capable of clubbing right after a day of workin the night and right before another day of work in the morning shift. Sure, my coworkers can do the same, but they need energy drinks. I AM UNSTOPPABLE!! :twisted: :twisted:

please make an appointment with scientists so they can figure out how to make an extract from your system, that energy-deficient folk can take to have some of your power.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 10:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Will do, what more is there to say?

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:07 pm

Malin wrote:
Does anyone else go out of their way to act randomly, just to make sure that ingrained habits don't set in?

YES. I kind of annoy myself by doing that because it's completely calculated and fake, and I know it. But at some point when I was a teenager I decided that people thought you were cooler if you acted randomly... and then purposely acting randomly became a habit. Heh.

But on topic, I am a freelancer and prefer to work at home, because whenever I spend the day in an office, after 8 hours I am exhausted. All I can do is go home and crash. But, if I work at home, I can continue working far past 8 hours and even forget to go to bed. I definitely relate exhaustion to having to "perform" in the outside world.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:10 pm

Pistonhead wrote:

auntblabby wrote:

Pistonhead wrote:
Will do, what more is there to say?

if you have "the energy," then WHAT are you "faking" and WHY do you have to "fake it"? what prevents you from giving your body much-needed rest? just curious.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:
please make an appointment with scientists so they can figure out how to make an extract from your system, that energy-deficient folk can take to have some of your power.

It only happens when I'm doing something I really like. For example, even though I can go through a day of work right after clubbing, I'll be sluggish for the whole day (unfortunately, I hate my job :oops: ). Then, when I'm finally at home, I still have some energy left to play some computer games before I finally go to sleep. 8)

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 11:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
if you have "the energy," then WHAT are you "faking" and WHY do you have to "fake it"? what prevents you from giving your body much-needed rest? just curious.

Stress, my mind which never stops (it probably takes me an hour of laying down on average to start to sleep AFTER I physically exhaust myself by staying up too late). Faking it as in I don't even hint at my tiredness, I can be tired and have energy at the same time.