Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 6:21 pm

I have AS and I am also a psychopath. I have also been in prision in the past for common assult.

Can have aspergers and be a psychopath because that seems to be the case with me?

KakashiYay
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Nov 2010, 6:25 pm

"Psychopath" is not a disorder nor a diagnosis.

You can have AS and be blind, or have AS and be tall, or have AS and be religious, or have AS and enjoy dancing, or have AS and super really nice, or have AS and be a rotten jerk, or...

Shall I go on?

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2010, 6:53 pm

As KakashiYay mentions, psychopath is not a disorder,nor a diagnosis. Psychopath is only a label, nothing more.

I think we need a bit more info to help you out :D

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 7:05 pm

What? I confues easily.

In the first sentence you say you have AS and your a psychopath.
and then in the second sentence you questioning whether it's possible to have AS and be a psychopath?

I think you answered your own question. If you have AS and your a psychopath, then yes it is possible. You got yourself as a witness.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 7:43 pm

I always think of a phsycopath as someone who cannot empathise at all, but is turned on by anothers sufferring. Their sex is killing. I think it would not fit well with AS. Because although AS people have trouble with empathy they are always very moral and would not want to cause suffering.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2010, 7:44 pm

I was an easy target in prision even though i am a pyscho.

KakashiYay

16 Nov 2010, 8:04 pm

Robdemanc wrote:
Because although AS people have trouble with empathy they are always very moral and would not want to cause suffering.

I disagree with this. It sounds great, but morality is intrinsic- we each have our own inborn set of morals, and morals are unique to each individual. For every Aspie who dreads harming even the tiniest eyelash mite, you have an Aspie who can easily rationalize doing things that many would find repugnant or utterly reprehensible.

And no one, NT or not, wants to deliberately cause harm or suffering without some pathology or plain cruelness.