anyone else tramitized by movies seen at a young age?!

Page 1 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 1:34 pm

scary movies never bother me. i can sit through them all and laugh while my friends are squirming in agony. NOTHING bothers me. nothing,that is,except friggen CANDYMAN!! ! i cant even say his name(typing dosent count right?...RIGHT?!) I saw that movie when i was 4 and i'm STILL having nightmares!! ! this may also explain my fear of bees now that i think about it...For those of u who dont know its about some black guy(way, way back in the day)who was in love with a white woman and got caugh. they beat him, tied him up, cut off his hand, and covered him in killer bees. he died, came back, put a hook where his hand would have been and started killing people...very gory. he often declares in his deep, deep voice(deep voices bother me anyway, although i usually cant under stand them...)"Be...my...vicktom!"

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:02 pm

I guess I have been lucky. I HAVE seen things that sometimes affected me for a month or so, but I think that is about it. And I wouldn't call it trauma. Depending on your temperment, situation, imagination, and circumstances, I could see how it could.

Steve

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:06 pm

Hm... possibly The Last House on the Left might count when I was about 13. The images from that film were ingrained in my mind for quite some time.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:23 pm

yes, a nightmare before christmas. when oogy boogy(or as i called him "the guy in the potatoe sack") came out i was scared to my wits. and then when all those bugs came out of him...i just kind of sat there confused and scared.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:29 pm

i dunno a bout my temperment, but ive always had an overactive imagination. hehe. my mom feels sooo bad for showing me that movie.but its not her fault, she was young and new to parenting(22) probably thought id like it too.Tequila: whats that? im not familiar with that movie. tinky:awww, the nightmare befor christmas? im sorry! when did you see it?

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:33 pm

i was about five or somethin'. i watched it recently and found it quite enjoyable. i may even buy the movie now.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:33 pm

Its not a horror movie so don't laugh at me, but the older Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. The tunnel they went through on the boat also scared me and Willy Wonka was a just a creepy guy. The whole movie freaked me out but the oompa loompas were the worst. They still give me nightmares :( . They sang every time a kid got in trouble. I thought the kids were dying and the oompa loompas were singing about it...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 2:48 pm

the tunnel was evil...*shudders*

IcelandicGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Nov 2006, 3:12 pm

I remember seeing the Fly II when I was eight. I didn´t sleep well after that.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 3:17 pm

I was watching a movie, it had these large bouncing balls chasing after some people, it got one sucker. From then I was cared of anything large an inflatable.

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 3:20 pm

Raph522 wrote:
Its not a horror movie so don't laugh at me, but the older Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory movie. The tunnel they went through on the boat also scared me and Willy Wonka was a just a creepy guy. The whole movie freaked me out but the oompa loompas were the worst. They still give me nightmares :( . They sang every time a kid got in trouble. I thought the kids were dying and the oompa loompas were singing about it...

i wouldnt think of laughing. it scared me too the 1st time. i saw it at school(3rd grade) and thought the same thing(oompa loompas singing about kids dying)and called the oompa loompas "sick sadistic pricks!"to which my whole class(except 1 who agreed)went "what?!"and my teacher had to explain to us that they weren't dying and they were supposed to be teaching some lesson...be good or else, i suppose. i liked the tunnel.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 3:46 pm

I remember when I first got cable TV, back in '87. I'd come home from work, was tired, drank some beer, turned on the set, and "Aliens" was on. I hadn't seen it, and sat watching it in the dark. Scared me silly. I was looking under the bed before I went to sleep.

The scene where Sigourney and the little girl were locked in a lab, and the evil guy let the face-hugger into the room with them ! !! ! Whoa Nellie ! !! !

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 4:37 pm

Saw lots of grownup movies when I was a kid, which was okay-except when it wasn't. The 2nd Star Trek: Wrath of Khan-refuse to watch it ever again because of the brain-eating earworms. My father took me to the first 2 "Mad Max" movies & I had nightmares about the violence & cruelty afterwards. My mother took me to "Until September" and "Tie me up Tie me down", which were too sexual & upsetting, ugh. Don't know how old I was then-some things I'll never get used to.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 4:51 pm

I saw the Exorcist when I was 5. I was far too young to see it.

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 5:05 pm

Kind of related to another post on here - there were lots of things in movies that seriously upset me as a kid (and I avoid any kind of scary or melodramatic movies even now). Some of it though was not even overtly scary - just frightening none-the-less. And I found Willie Wonka disturbing also - so maybe alot of kids were weirded out by that piece of "wholesome" family entertainment.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2006, 5:05 pm

five? woah! i'm still scared to see that movie...although i've probably seen alot of movies that are worse than the exorcist.