Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:29 pm

I put this here just for fun, but since it is possible, (until the opposite is proved) its also a little serious...

Please refute it and/or add some facts if you like.

Theory:
NTs and people with AS have different mindsets and therefore value most things differently and expect different things out of the same situations.

Now since we affect matter with our thoughts (quantum mechanics) its proven that we can affect our destinies by changing our expectations to the better (or worse but who cares). Right?

Now if we have different mindsets, our expectations are opposed, so there has to be a quantum war, since NT and AS expect something different.

I bet the strongest expectation wins over the more vague and less intense one!! !

If this is true, we will have to be more secure about what we expect and what we want, and then we can turn everything to our advantage and change the whole system, so that false laughter will be regarded as devious and egoism will be regarded as evil, and so on... Feel free to apply more values that will change if AS take over :D

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:38 pm

You know, I'm not so sure about the whole quantum stuff, but I like this idea. On another site, I saw somebody wrote "be the change you'd like to see in the world" and it seems like... yeah. Just be it. Live it. Never be embarrassed or ashamed. We are one in a hundred and some amount that changes depending on whether or not you want to compare us to car accidents. It doesn't sound like much. But when you do these things, do them well, and the NTs around you will take note. You don't have to touch every domino to knock them all over.

NOT A DOCTOR

antonblock
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2011, 6:53 pm

this sounds like crazy aspie stuff ... hehe :-)

i have no clue of quantum physics....

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:57 pm

Quantum physics is so awesome and complicated that if you think you understand it, you don't. It's all about wave frequencies and energy, as well as matter. Schrodinger's wave function, baby!

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:17 pm

Maje wrote:
Now since we affect matter with our thoughts (quantum mechanics) its proven that we can affect our destinies by changing our expectations to the better (or worse but who cares). Right?

You lost me here. We don't even know what a thought actually is. Unless it has a waveform or something else of substance it can't be shown to interact specifically with ANYTHING at ANY level. We can only speculate.

Since we are having this conversation, we know that thoughts exist. But their substance is not yet known.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

Wut?

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:43 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Maje wrote:

You lost me here. We don't even know what a thought actually is. Unless it has a waveform or something else of substance it can't be shown to interact specifically with ANYTHING at ANY level. We can only speculate.

Since we are having this conversation, we know that thoughts exist. But their substance is not yet known.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhYBwLysvB8

Look at this link (if you havent already seen it). Forget about the "thoughts", you change matter just by looking = your brain is present and you affect the reality.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:53 pm

Interesting, lately I've been thinking about the quantum world in relation to consciousness. There must be something very enigmatic at work here. I've read about entanglement and the so called observer bias. I wonder if the field of 'quantum neurology' will ever exist

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:59 pm

Maje wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Maje wrote:

Look at this link (if you havent already seen it). Forget about the "thoughts", you change matter just by looking = your brain is present and you affect the reality.

It's because that for observing a electron you need to intefere with it, nothing to do with the mind.

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 8:15 pm

Quote:
It's because that for observing a electron you need to intefere with it, nothing to do with the mind.

You are wrong. Look at the link before commenting please. I really dislike that stupid cartoon, but cant find any better illustration right now. Somebody can help?

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 8:53 pm

Maje wrote:
I put this here just for fun, but since it is possible, (until the opposite is proved) its also a little serious...

Please refute it and/or add some facts if you like.

Theory:
NTs and people with AS have different mindsets and therefore value most things differently and expect different things out of the same situations.

Now if we have different mindsets, our expectations are opposed, so there has to be a quantum war, since NT and AS expect something different.

I bet the strongest expectation wins over the more vague and less intense one!! !

If this is true, we will have to be more secure about what we expect and what we want, and then we can turn everything to our advantage and change the whole system, so that false laughter will be regarded as devious and egoism will be regarded as evil, and so on... Feel free to apply more values that will change if AS take over :D

I am no physisist but do believe the energy given off from our thoughts have some kind of an effect. Got a film about the "laws of attraction" you might like.
http://www.truththeory.org/the-secret/

If there was to be a war of the minds. I guess, if it is true that our minds effect the world around us, the minds with the strongest belief and most developed understanding might "win" or should I say, effect the outcome the most.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

DandelionFireworks wrote:
You know, I'm not so sure about the whole quantum stuff, but I like this idea. On another site, I saw somebody wrote "be the change you'd like to see in the world" and it seems like... yeah. Just be it. Live it.

That was Ghandi. Words to live by. He understood things.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 9:11 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
If there was to be a war of the minds. I guess, if it is true that our minds effect the world around us, the minds with the strongest belief and most developed understanding might "win" or should I say, effect the outcome the most.

It's called consensus reality.

I shall regale you with some of my favourite and fitting Robert Anton Wilson quotations.

"The border between the Real and the Unreal is not fixed, but just marks the last place where rival gangs of shamans fought each other to a standstill. "

"Reality is what you can get away with."

"The future is up for grabs. It belongs to any and all who will take the risk and accept the responsibility of consciously creating the future they want."

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 9:25 pm

Interesting quotes. Got a feeling you might like this site.
http://www.brainyquote.com/

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 9:38 pm

Maje wrote:

Quote:

You are wrong. Look at the link before commenting please. I really dislike that stupid cartoon, but cant find any better illustration right now. Somebody can help?

Cant help with a link, but if said electron and say all particles contained within the electron, are all, at the smallest conceivable scale of reality literally part of a vibrational energy "ocean" then an effect somewhere else, possibly anywhere else in the "ocean" could have unseen effects on any other piece of matter.

If this is the case it would explain a lot.

Looking at it just merely at the subatomic level is not going deep enough,

Hope that makes sense :)

paraloco
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2011, 9:51 pm

Maje wrote:

Aspies taking over means expanding aspies (ASD-)gene pool, reproducing ourselves..... what does it have to do with a quantum war ( besides the fact that reality isnt only matter....)
Its genetic ? Its physics ? I am again confused...

Last edited by paraloco on 14 Jan 2011, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.