Do find it easy making friends with other aspies???

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Cherrycake
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2011, 10:19 am

is it easy or hard for you etc

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 12:11 pm

Its way easier with an Aspie for me. :wink:

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 12:26 pm

It's easier for me to have deep, meaningful discussions about intense topics with another aspie because there's lower misunderstandings and greater content. I learn new things and any new information that I share is appreciated. There's less focus on "winning" and more on just making the most sense. Debates are more of a cooperative effort than a competition.

But I gravitate toward people who love to care about other people and give of themselves. These are people that can be labeled any which way otherwise. I love intriguing discussions but I need, absolutely need, a wonderful network of caring people whom I can be there for and rely upon.

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 1:23 pm

I think it can go either way depending upon the individual. Most Aspergians are easy to be friends with, a few other's are not. I relate better and feel more comfortable with Aspergians than I do NeuroTypicals so of course I prefer Aspergians.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.