Page 1 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:26 pm

Right first of all i have aspergers, which also means i am more than like to have a sensitivity to heavy metals. They accumulate in the body quite easily for autistic people. Secondly, i am supposed to get fillings which will get done for free, BUT they are mercury fillings. Can anyone help find some peer reviewed studies proving that I will have sensitivities to heavy metals and that mercury could make my autistic symptoms worse please?

I want to try and use this basis as a way of getting the more expensive non mercury fillings done for free. Otherwise I really do not want to get anything done at the dentist as I know that over time it could make the symptoms worse.

Would appreciate any input from anybody.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:29 pm

I'd be surprised if somebody did manage to find sources. I'm very skeptical.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:36 pm

well i have found stuff like this so far

'Abstract from the study on chelation for heavy metal detoxification'

'A different study on heavy metal detoxification'

http://autism-nutrition.com/does-autism-chelation-work

Want a study which helps confirm that autistic people accumulate heavy metals more easily.

I have heard many friends say that it indeed is true that it does, but i need it on paper to have a good chance of avoiding mercury fillings.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:37 pm

I have seen some stuff, might be able to dig you up a reference, but remember that anything that contradicts received wisdom and the profession means an uphioll climb.

Good luck - I have a mouthful of amalgam myself. But truth to tell traits started to shosw before I even had teeth.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 1:39 pm

Well on another note apart from heavy mental sensitivity;

can mercury make existing symptoms worse?

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 2:03 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
Right first of all i have aspergers, which also means i am more than like to have a sensitivity to heavy metals. They accumulate in the body quite easily for autistic people.

Where do you get this information? It sounds like pseudoscientific hooey to me.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Jan 2011, 3:14 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
They accumulate in the body quite easily for autistic people.
They do? 8O
Why would that be, then?

Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:19 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
Right first of all i have aspergers, which also means i am more than like to have a sensitivity to heavy metals. They accumulate in the body quite easily for autistic people. Secondly, i am supposed to get fillings which will get done for free, BUT they are mercury fillings. Can anyone help find some peer reviewed studies proving that I will have sensitivities to heavy metals and that mercury could make my autistic symptoms worse please?

I want to try and use this basis as a way of getting the more expensive non mercury fillings done for free. Otherwise I really do not want to get anything done at the dentist as I know that over time it could make the symptoms worse.

Would appreciate any input from anybody.

First of all, where are you getting your information? Jenny McCarthy and Andrew Wakefield?

Second of all, you've almost definitely ingested mercury before. You're more likely to get mercury poisoning from eating seafood than from dental fillings.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:49 pm

Well a friend who i trust believes that certain toxins, including heavy metals accumulate a bit more easily in autistic people. i can ask her why she believes that is when i speak to her, which will be very soon probably.

i know seafood is probably worse (i dont eat fish at all anyway), but i still do not like the thought of having a toxin in my mouth., i know it is not designed to leak into the body but it is does happen over time in a lot of cases.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 3:54 pm

i hope that you#s are right btw. would be a lot better if it heavy metals did not accumulate as much.

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2011, 4:01 pm

Please take your pseudoscience hysteria and troll somewhere else.

Vaccines and mercury fillings do not have anything to do with autism. Why don't you just concoct a 'cure' from tea leaves and animal entrails?

Its probably caused by the Devil. You should pray ceaselessly and flagellate yourself with a knotted strip of leather to drive out the evil.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:05 pm

'This article was written by Dr Gary Deed a few years ago. Some people have expressed interest in it so here it is:'

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=203470999508

"The presence in some patients of excessive heavy metal accumulation has intrigued researchers for some time. The closest biological models to mimic autism are the syndromes of lead toxicity and mercury toxicity. There is enough evidence in international studies to suggest autism could be solely due to a metal toxicity syndrome.

This is the link in some research to vaccinations using Thimerosal a mercury containing preservative used in older vaccine as a preservative. Newer vaccine still contains aluminium as a preservative. (IS THIS RELATED TO THE GUY WHO WAS A FRAUD, OR SIMPLY JUST REFERRING TO OLDER STYLE VACCINES?)

We know that vaccination of many children has occurred without apparent ill effect. Then why is the person with autism uniquely sensitive to this and why does heavy metal accumulation occur.

There is some research to support the presence of a genetic susceptibility to heavy metal toxicity:
Metallothionein is a chemical naturally occurring in the human with which the body is able to rid itself of heavy metals that it may be exposed to, esp. excessive accumulations of copper. It appears to have 4 different subtypes with a unique type present in the brain, which is zinc dependent. It is postulated that a) Metallothionein levels may be deficient in persons with autism thus making them highly susceptible to exposure to such elements as lead and mercury; b) zinc depletion can occur which may lead to insufficient Metallothionein activity and promote a relative toxicity. Zinc depletion is common between 6 months of age and 18 months of age in the presence of poor introduction of solids (Breast milk cannot provide enough for the growing child beyond 6 months) plus malabsorptive processes induced with a “Leaky Gut” syndrome make it difficult for the child to maintain zinc adequacy. Additionally Metallothionein in the gut helps reduce absorption of competing metals that interfere with zinc. It is also active in reducing Candida. Metallothionein in the stomach helps produce acid. Thus Metallothionein is intimately involved in gut functioning,

Thus Metallothionein levels relative or absolute may predispose to heavy metals playing a role in the syndrome. A HAIR MINERAL ANALYSIS may be a useful measure of both the presence of toxicity and also deficiency of the major elements such as zinc. Elevated Copper levels are also a concern and may also be elevated in some patients and this is usually associated with behavioural problems of aggression etc."

What do people think?

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:07 pm

Avengilante wrote:
Please take your pseudoscience hysteria and troll somewhere else.

Vaccines and mercury fillings do not have anything to do with autism. Why don't you just concoct a 'cure' from tea leaves and animal entrails?

Its probably caused by the Devil. You should pray ceaselessly and flagellate yourself with a knotted strip of leather to drive out the evil.

My humble apologises for asking a simple question you twat.

I prefer to be cautious and only went looking for advise.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2011, 4:23 pm

To answer your bolded question above - Yes. This science has all since been debunked as fraudulent.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Jan 2011, 4:23 pm

Well I just skimmed thought it (I'm tired, Ok? :lol: ) but even if doing A leads to B, it isn't necessarily true that because B exists it must therefore have been caused by A.
And still less caused by fillings containing mercury.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran